'19 KY DT Jacob Lacey (Notre Dame Signee)

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
EARLY ENROLLEE

Defensive Tackle
Bowling Green, KY
South Warren HS
1t9zsu.jpg

Measurements:
6-2

R&R's 6-19-16:
247 .............. 4* ..... #7 DT ..... #124 OA ..... 92 rating
Rivals ........... NR
Scout ............ NR

R&R's 7-29-17:
Comp ........... NR
247 .............. 4* ..... #8 DT ..... #126 OA ..... 92 rating
Rivals ........... 4* .......................................... 5.8
Scout ............ NR
ESPN ............. NR

Rankings 7-12-18:
247 Comp: ..... 4* ..... #10 DT ....... #144 OA ..... .9382 rating
247: ............... 4* ..... #7 DT ........ #118 OA ...... 93
Rivals: ............ 4* ..... #19 DT ............................ 5.8
ESPN: ............. 4* ..... #14 DT ..... #116 OA ........ 84

Offers:
Notre Dame ................... Committed 7-29-17
Cincinnati
Duke
Kentucky
Louisville
Michigan
Mich St
PSU
Purdue
Tennessee
Vandy
EKU

Media Links:

Twitter - JacobLacey6

Jacob Lacey - Hudl

Highlights:

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/5451864/585980dec124dd180c953b5c' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/athlete/5451864/highlights/331331376' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by a moderator:

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
[TWEET]https://twitter.com/JacobLacey6/status/744752620791865344[/TWEET]

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/Andrew_Ivins/status/744657113532739589[/TWEET]

Last edited:

NDVirginia19

Rally
Reaction score
Has a lot of time to get stronger, but already looks like he has good body control for a freshman

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
All the analysts in attendance mentioned him in their wrap ups.

Nice to see them waste no time. Strike while the iron is hot.

DomeX2 eNVy

Reaction score
Cousins with Dave duerson

I'm not sure if they are actually blood related. One article I read made it sound like Duerson is such a close family friend they call him a cousin; but I'm not sure. I'm sure this will help though either way.

BeauBenken

Shut up, Richard
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if they are actually blood related. One article I read made it sound like Duerson is such a close family friend they call him a cousin; but I'm not sure. I'm sure this will help though either way.

Was. RIP.

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
Hopefully they're from Muncie originally. ND's Indiana's team until we roll out the round ball.

PANDFAN

Look Down
Reaction score
“It was very unexpected, but it was exciting,” said Lacey, only heading into his sophomore year of high school. “After the camp, the next day we were heading to Louisville to meet some family. We had a fathers day brunch with my parents and grandparents. I decided to call coach Elston and he said that I had the offer. He was talking about how I was exactly what they were looking for and that I need to just keep doing what I’m doing. It was really exciting.”
Lacey calls Duerson his cousin and a big factor behind his early interest in Notre Dame.

“It was more than I expected,” said Lacey of his visit to South Bend. “Knowing they aren’t in a conference, stuff like that, I didn’t know what to expect. I knew they were the real deal. My cousin, my dad and really everyone told me it was. But above everything, probably talking to the defensive linemen on the team and getting to know them during lunch, that was probably the moment that stood out to me the most. They taught me a lot. They said what to expect when I get to college, how to be prepared for college.”

“He taught me some new pass-rush moves that I’ll use in the future,” said Lacey. “He showed me new things for my hands and ways to keep my motor up and better ways to use my feet and get them going.”

“My parents liked it a lot,” said Lacey. “My mom especially liked the academics and how serious they take it. My dad felt the differences between Notre Dame the other schools, in a good way.”
“Just being a 2019 player, I’m not really focused on leaders right now,” said Lacey. “But, having Notre Dame on my list is really important to me. I’m just appreciative for the offer.”

Booslum31

Reaction score
“It was very unexpected, but it was exciting,” said Lacey, only heading into his sophomore year of high school. “After the camp, the next day we were heading to Louisville to meet some family. We had a fathers day brunch with my parents and grandparents. I decided to call coach Elston and he said that I had the offer. He was talking about how I was exactly what they were looking for and that I need to just keep doing what I’m doing. It was really exciting.”
Lacey calls Duerson his cousin and a big factor behind his early interest in Notre Dame.

“It was more than I expected,” said Lacey of his visit to South Bend. “Knowing they aren’t in a conference, stuff like that, I didn’t know what to expect. I knew they were the real deal. My cousin, my dad and really everyone told me it was. But above everything, probably talking to the defensive linemen on the team and getting to know them during lunch, that was probably the moment that stood out to me the most. They taught me a lot. They said what to expect when I get to college, how to be prepared for college.”

“He taught me some new pass-rush moves that I’ll use in the future,” said Lacey. “He showed me new things for my hands and ways to keep my motor up and better ways to use my feet and get them going.”

“My parents liked it a lot,” said Lacey. “My mom especially liked the academics and how serious they take it. My dad felt the differences between Notre Dame the other schools, in a good way.”
“Just being a 2019 player, I’m not really focused on leaders right now,” said Lacey. “But, having Notre Dame on my list is really important to me. I’m just appreciative for the offer.”

Well spoken for a sophmore...geez.

BeauBenken

Shut up, Richard
Staff member
Reaction score
The idea that Hoke coached football in my hometown is just weird at this point...

rtrn2glory

Reaction score
I have the feeling that the "changes" are going to only have a positive impact once everything gets fully implemented within the program

ShawneeIrish

Reaction score
My #1 want BY FAR. An elite defensive lineman from my hometown (even though hes a county school kid and not a Purple) playing for the Irish? Yes, please!