This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish Envy: Under New Ownership

The mods heard through the grapevine that IE was being put up for sale... and with consideration to the suggestions, complaints and ideas that we have heard here over the past couple of years, a group of us decided to buy in and take ownership.

The new ownership group:
    • Whiskeyjack
    • IrishLax
    • Clashmore_Mike
    • BeauBenken
    • Luckylucci
    • Cackalacky
    • IrishLion

We plan on undertaking a few projects once we've got our feet under us, including updating the vBulletin software, increasing our visibility to the ND internet community, and (most importantly) maintaining and growing the awesome community that all of our users have had a hand in building here at IE.

There may be a couple short periods of outages soon, such as when the website is officially switched over to us. This will occur in the next couple of days, and there is currently an unspecified time frame for transitioning the site, copying files, etc. There will likely be another outage at some point when we update the vBulletin software, which we will try to announce ahead of time.

We wanted to make you all aware of the changes should you try to access the website and see that it's not available. If this is the case, we are likely working on transitioning the site's files or upgrading the software. Please be patient if the site is not working or loading when you try to log in, and bear with us while we iron out all the kinks. Any outages should not be overly long.

HOWEVER, in the event of an extended period of outage, perhaps check the new Irish Envy Twitter page to see what's going on (we currently have 2 [two] followers, so help us grow the account!). We will use it to inform our users of updates/changes/outages etc., but also to share topics and discussions from the site, and to interact with ND football internet in general.

You can also be on the lookout for a GoFundMe in the future... many of you expressed interest in contributing financially to the website if it meant things would not only continue to run, but improve. We hope to keep our momentum going regardless, but any financial assistance that you all feel generous enough to offer would help us immensely when added to our initial investment.

We will use this thread to keep the community updated of any other planned changes, issues, scheduled outages, etc., and you all can likewise use it to communicate with us regarding general website issues, questions and concerns.

Our ownership group consists of moderators, obviously... but we are guys that love to talk about ND football first and foremost, so we are invested in making sure IE is taken care of, regardless of our roles with the site. We want this place to grow and thrive, and we want all of our visitors to see how awesome our community is.

Now send us any and all potential bribe offers ASAP, as we can't confuse bribes with any potential GoFundMe funds in the future... so if you want someone banned, now is the time to see if you can turn Whiskeyjack corrupt.

(Seriously, though, we're really excited about this, and we hope you are, too.)

Congrats guys!
    My CFB Book: https://www.amazon.com/Southbound-Tr.../dp/0692932593

Comment

That's great news! I wish you all luck in building on an already entertaining site

Comment

Congrats to all of you!

Comment

update the banners
          What did Davonte do?

Comment

Congrats!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
              update the banners

Might be one of the first jobs is updating the collection of images/avatars/logos.
              "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Congratulations Guys!!! Looking forward to seeing what this can become.

Comment

Can your first act of business be to reveal what Davonte did?

Comment

Originally posted by GrangerIrish24 View Post
                    VIP lounge access only
                    What did Davonte do?

Comment

Return of the Gentlemen's Club!?

Comment

Final nail in the coffin of IE.

Honestly very happy about the news. Was always bizarre the previous owners since Svoboda weren't ND fans.

Comment

When can I start transferring my vbuvks into $IE shares?

Comment

Congrats guys! Hope we can boost the level of activity on here to what it was about 5 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by GrangerIrish24 View Post
                              VIP lounge access only
                              Platinum Patreon membership perks

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                                when is the ownership group OnlyFans going live?
                                What did Davonte do?

Comment

Congrats guys - great news!

Guess I'll have to be nicer to a few of you.

Comment

Wait how does Cackalacky go from leaving IE to owning the site? lol

Looks like I'll have to remove my adblocker since it's IE-owned.

Comment

The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                      Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

Originally posted by NDPhilly View Post
                                        Congrats guys! Hope we can boost the level of activity on here to what it was about 5 years ago.
                                        Man, those were the days!

Comment

Back in 2012, I never thought we’d be here. But, here we are. Very excited indeed. Looking forward to many more years of this great community.

Comment

Congratulations! Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Great news and thank you for doing this. Ready for the gofundme information so I can help contribute. I have been lucky to build some solid relationships through this board!

FUCK MICHIGAN!
                                              GO IRISH!!!

Comment

Congratulations to our new leadership group! May it return success and much joy to you and your families.

Not sure if this is helpful (as you change software) or not but I had tried to join as a VIP member several times over the years and the software would not take me to payment screen. So perhaps ironing out the model and tech for tiered memberships could help keep the till ringing for the shareholders.

Also, please add me to your list of members that are willing to pitch-in on any working parties should you need help in any way.

Comment

I can see it now on the GoFundMe. Top tier gives you access to the Devonte information, pick one banned member to come back, find out who ratted Panda out, information to which account was Loy, and part ownership in Koonja's TimeShare.

But seriously, very excited to see where this goes. IE has always been the best community, but I really think that it can get even better with the right leadership. And I got nothing but respect for all of the new owners.

Comment

Banned User List Do-overs surely like a Trump Pardon list
                                                    What did Davonte do?

Comment

Fine, but I still won't respect the mods

Comment

Can we post dick pics now?

Comment

Banned User List Do-overs surely like a Trump Pardon list
                                                          Koon was colluding with MGoBlog.
                                                          "Yes, they deserved to die and I hope they burn in hell!"
                                                          --Samuel L

Comment

Originally posted by NEIIrish View Post
                                                            Can we post dick pics now?
                                                            Mandatory for VIP Lounge Access
                                                            What did Davonte do?

Comment

Great news! Congrats guys.

Comment

Great Idea

Originally posted by GATTACA! View Post
                                                                Return of the Gentlemen's Club!?
                                                                Congratulations and Yes to the Gentlemen’s Club.

Comment

Awesome!! Congrats, guys! Great news!

Comment

Yup... bring back the gold club!
                                                                    Once we truly come together as a family, nothing can stop us. Itís my job to make sure we become that family.Ē

Comment

Comment

This is the best site for ND football discussion. By far. I expect it to inly get better.

Comment

Congratulations and thanks for the consideration on ownership.

I guess content isn't king afterall.

Comment

It'll be good to see the site get some updates and changes. Hopefully there will be no issues between some of the admins and the other posters due to their differences.
                                                                            Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post
                                                                              It'll be good to see the site get some updates and changes. Hopefully there will be no issues between some of the admins and the other posters due to their differences.
                                                                              ..in the interests of unity..
                                                                              What did Davonte do?

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Iím the smartest man alive. Lol
                                                                                "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by BilboBaggins View Post
                                                                                  Wait how does Cackalacky go from leaving IE to owning the site? lol

Looks like I'll have to remove my adblocker since it's IE-owned.
                                                                                  Because I am fucking awesome. Thatís how.
                                                                                  "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Big congrats.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Congratulations guys.

Looking forward to many more fantastic years on IE.
                                                                                      "Fvck Michigan" - The World

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Somewhere in the great blue and gold beyond, BGIF and the Goshen Gipper(?) are smiling and giving nods of approval.

Congrats fellas.

Slainte!

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Congrats guys, this is awesome news! I am a serial lurker, but I think updates to the very old interface here (especially for mobile) will help the community a ton. This is such a great place for ND football discussion. Hereís to hoping it continues to grow and thrive under new ownership!

Letís see that gofundme!
                                                                                          "...and our hearts forever, love thee Notre Dame!"

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Congrats guys and thanks for all you do!!

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Congrats and thanks for taking ownership of a great site I get free ND info.

Put me down for GoFundMe when that time comes.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Congrats fellas!

Am I the only one who realizes that Koon is actually Cack2.0? His master plan worked...from perma-ban to ownership.
                                                                                                My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Congrats, guys, and thanks. I'm sure you have wonderful ideas on improvements. Goshen Gipper would be proud and pleased.

I am reminded of Packers fans who own the team and maintain their seats through generations. If i can "invest" - as would many others - I'll make those adjustments to my will.

Or use it as a tax deduction. :)

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by Legacy View Post
                                                                                                    Congrats, guys, and thanks. I'm sure you have wonderful ideas on improvements. Goshen Gipper would be proud and pleased.

I am reminded of Packers fans who own the team and maintain their seats through generations. If i can "invest" - as would many others - I'll make those adjustments to my will.

Or use it as a tax deduction. :)
                                                                                                    imagine your old man kicks it and you go to the reading of the Will and find out you are 1/6th owner of IE.
                                                                                                    What did Davonte do?

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X