The boys of summer! (Baseball Thread)

IRISHDODGER

Blue Chip Recruit
Reaction score
Michael Brantley is one of my favorite players to watch hit. Dude is so mechanically sound and truly a professional hitter. I remember when his dad Mickey was playing for the Mariners. His son is much better.

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Reaction score
Michael Brantley is one of my favorite players to watch hit. Dude is so mechanically sound and truly a professional hitter. I remember when his dad Mickey was playing for the Mariners. His son is much better.
yep.

I wish he played for a team I could root for like when he first came up....

ACamp1900

Reaction score
This Halo game tonight,…!!!! Rendon with a left handed home run!!! Detmers with a no hitter!!! Man, it’s been awesome being a halo fan this week.

ACamp1900

Reaction score
Rendon hitting a home run left handed ( still not clear why he tried it) is one of my biggest jump out my seat moments ever lol

Rogue219

Reaction score
This year's version of the baseball is 1) staying inside the park and 2) not being picked up/fielded very well.

MLB owning Rawlings is sort of....not fun.

IRISHDODGER

Blue Chip Recruit
Reaction score
This year's version of the baseball is 1) staying inside the park and 2) not being picked up/fielded very well.

MLB owning Rawlings is sort of....not fun.
Consequently, BA & OPS is down across the league (at least from what I can tell). Balls that used be home runs are now warning track outs despite being barreled up by the hitter.

IRISHDODGER

Blue Chip Recruit
Reaction score
Rendon hitting a home run left handed ( still not clear why he tried it) is one of my biggest jump out my seat moments ever lol
He needs to stay healthy and have a nice bounce back year. I hate to see stars like him sign a big deal with another team and then disappear. Hopefully, he has the ship righted and can resume what we saw in DC.

Rogue219

Reaction score
Consequently, BA & OPS is down across the league (at least from what I can tell). Balls that used be home runs are now warning track outs despite being barreled up by the hitter.
Yeah, I've seen a few this year that were no doubters and they suddenly just died at the track. Very odd, but they have been open about the fact that the ball is different.

Not excactly sure what they're trying to accomplish. They want less home runs and more balls in play but the ball can't be fielded properly when it gets put into play because it's too slick again. You also have pitchers hitting batters like crazy because of it too.

This sport can't get out of it's own way.

irishff1014

Reaction score
This Halo game tonight,…!!!! Rendon with a left handed home run!!! Detmers with a no hitter!!! Man, it’s been awesome being a halo fan this week.

They only thing wrong with him hitting left handed was his shin guard lol. He wore it on his left leg which was his back leg.

ACamp1900

Reaction score
This has been the most upsetting week of baseball in my living memory. I could kick a whole ‘dog night’ stadium of puppies over Halo baseball currently

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
Took 13 innings, but the Yankees squeezed one out against the Cubbies last night.

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
13 game win streak for the Braves. Naturally, Albies gets injured. I am wondering if we'll ever see Acuna and Albies play together again healthy.