The boys of summer! (Baseball Thread)

Rogue219

Reaction score
The Dodgers have been trying to give their fans a winning team. I'll say that much for them, as a Pirates fan.

Rogue219

Reaction score
2B-R Jose Altuve
LF-L Michael Brantley
3B-R Alex Bregman
DH-L Yordan Alvarez
1B-R Yuli Gurriel
RF-L Kyle Tucker
CF-R Chas McCormick
SS-R Jeremy Peña
C-R Martin Maldonado

Projected Astros lineup this year. The 2018 cast is getting thinner.

irishff1014

Reaction score
2B-R Jose Altuve
LF-L Michael Brantley
3B-R Alex Bregman
DH-L Yordan Alvarez
1B-R Yuli Gurriel
RF-L Kyle Tucker
CF-R Chas McCormick
SS-R Jeremy Peña
C-R Martin Maldonado

Projected Astros lineup this year. The 2018 cast is getting thinner.
Might be the year the Angels take over the division.

Rogue219

Reaction score
The White Sox have acquired two very vague white guys to play OF this week.

Michael Conforto is not vague and plays RF. They need a RF. What am I missing?

The Pirates are sending their best prospect to Triple A. Enter Smith slapping Rock meme here for Pirates fans.

IRISHDODGER

Blue Chip Recruit
Reaction score
The White Sox have acquired two very vague white guys to play OF this week.

Michael Conforto is not vague and plays RF. They need a RF. What am I missing?

The Pirates are sending their best prospect to Triple A. Enter Smith slapping Rock meme here for Pirates fans.
What’s the prognosis on Vaughn? Maybe they expect him back soon to resume the starting role.

Rogue219

Reaction score

Very good account to follow.

Posts these throughout the day. Good reminders that it isn't as easy to "just make contact" as everyone suggests.

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Reaction score
Please stay healthy this year Halos,… I can’t take this leading the league in IL payroll bullshit no more!!!

Some Irish Bloke

Five foot nothin', a hundred and nothin'
Reaction score
First time in 6 seasons the Tigers should be remotely competitive. I certainly expect the White Sox to win the AL Central handily again, but hoping they can be near .500 and make for an interesting summer.

Some Irish Bloke

Reaction score
Please stay healthy this year Halos,… I can’t take this leading the league in IL payroll bullshit no more!!!
Very intrigued to see if Otani can duplicate the unbelievable season he had a year ago. Him and Trout, what a duo.

ACamp1900

Reaction score
And Trout is already out for game 1,…. Yep, Baseball is back

Rogue219

Reaction score
AL
1. Jays
2. White Sox
3. Astros
4. Yankees
5. Red Sox
6. Rays

NL
1. Dodgers
2. Braves
3. Brewers
4. Mets
5. Phillies
6. Giants

Wild Bill

Reaction score
First time in 6 seasons the Tigers should be remotely competitive. I certainly expect the White Sox to win the AL Central handily again, but hoping they can be near .500 and make for an interesting summer.
I could definitely see the tigers surprising people this year. They played well down the stretch last year, if I'm not mistaken.

Some Irish Bloke

Reaction score
I could definitely see the tigers surprising people this year. They played well down the stretch last year, if I'm not mistaken.
They're very young. Our starting rotation is loaded with talent but 3/5 are > 25 years old.

As expected, the White Sox outclassed us this weekend. They're so deep.

Rogue219

Reaction score

The Padres, of all teams, beefing about unwritten rules.

Pick up the ball and field it. Pretty simple.

ACamp1900

Reaction score
Halo pitching has looked pretty dang good thus far while the lineup pretty much couldn't look worse... so any day now the bats will come alive while the pitching implodes.

Irish2155

Reaction score
Really struggling with the Red Sox decision to bring Jackie Bradley Jr. back. Someone please help me understand.

Rogue219

Reaction score

To put this in context, Angel Hernandez was absolutely awful for both teams all night. Zone was everywhere and anywhere. This was the ninth inning.

Zero accountability. No idea how he's still employed. With Joe West retired, AH is the next guy who needs to go.

IRISHDODGER

Blue Chip Recruit
Reaction score

To put this in context, Angel Hernandez was absolutely awful for both teams all night. Zone was everywhere and anywhere. This was the ninth inning.

Zero accountability. No idea how he's still employed. With Joe West retired, AH is the next guy who needs to go.

Everyone agrees on this point. I think Schwarber was doing that for all players last night. He had had enough.

ACamp1900

Reaction score
Nice to see Lorenzen out duel Bieber… big night for Taylor Ward!!

LTBU. Go Halos

GowerND11

Reaction score
M's are 8-2 over their last 10. Early in the season of course, but youth is playing well, pitching doing what it should. Going to be a fun season, just hope it ends in a playoff appearance.

ACamp1900

Reaction score
I know some of y’all will just say ‘whatever’s Angel fanboy’ but legit,… Mike Trout is the best all round player I ever watched. He’s passed Griffey and Henderson for sure now,… he’s just so good in like every facet.

Last edited:

GowerND11

Reaction score
I know some of y’all will just say ‘whatever’s Angel fanboy’ but legit,… Mike Trout is the best all round player I ever watched. He’s passed Griffey and Henderson for sure now,… he’s just so good in like every facet.
I hate saying it.... But yeah, he's probably better than Griffey

Rogue219

Reaction score
I hate saying it.... But yeah, he's probably better than Griffey

He's likely going to pass him up soon, along with DiMaggio, as far as best ever CF go. Can he play long and consistent enough to ever catch Cobb, Speaker, Mantle and Mays is the question.

Generationally, he's the best we will see today. He should have more MVPs than he does.