RIP...

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
<iframe width="844" height="475" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bishop2b5

SEC Exchange Student
Reaction score
Sally Kellerman, who originated the role of Hot Lips Houlihan in the movie MASH, has died at the age of 84 after battling dementia the past few years.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
I still remember the scene in Mash where she is getting off the helicopter. Very popular in the 70's. Also did the Twilight Zone, Alfred Hitchcock and Star Trek. RIP Sally.

Irishize

Reaction score
Former NFL WR Ken Burrough has passed away. Had a long productive career…mostly with the Houston Oilers.

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score
Singer and keyboardist Gary Brooker, former frontman for 60's act Procol Harum, died this past weekend of cancer at the age of 76. Brooker wrote the classic “A Whiter Shade of Pale” which was loosely based on Bach's "Air On A G String" and went on to be one of the biggest hits in history, selling more than 10 million copies.
Damn, he was 21 when that song was released, was probably 19-20 when it was originally written and recorded. That blows my mind. Imagine having your greatest success at 20-21 years old?

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
Damn, he was 21 when that song was released, was probably 19-20 when it was originally written and recorded. That blows my mind. Imagine having your greatest success at 20-21 years old?
I remember Procol Harum well. Check out Steve Winwood and what he was doing at 15 or 16.

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score
I remember Procol Harum well. Check out Steve Winwood and what he was doing at 15 or 16.
No doubt, he's had a long and successful career. He's had a number of highs though. When blows my mind about some of these one hit wonders is they struck gold at 20 or 21 and then they never have success like that again for the rest of their lives as musicians. That's gotta eat at you, probably why a lot fall into depression or turn to drugs.

ACamp1900

Man of Culture
Reaction score
Winwood was in Procol Harum?? Did I miss something? I thought he joined the Spencer Davis Group at that age...

BrownerandFry

Reaction score
John N Lally of Fort Worth
trainer for the champion Washington Bullets of Elvin Hayes and Wes Unseld and Dick Motta, yeah, those guys of the "opera ain't over till the fat lady sings."
TCU alum, with incredible stories of Baugh and Swink and Othol "Abe" Martin
Also the selfstyled "Gringo Mayor of Puerta Vallarta"
Lived well live hard
A great ND hater, but hated Art Briles and Texas even more.

My education was not complete until after graduation I went to the Metroplex and spent a night of

"prayer and fasting" with Lally and some domer friends.

His "celebration of Life" is Sunday in Fort Worth

Was once threated with death by Levern "Jelly" Tart" in an Aba game. Lally was not enchanged with the value of an unexpressed thought so he "shared" with Jelly.

Johnny

He went through the whole thing with the ABA documented by Terry Pluto in "Loose Balls.'

Survived by a 102 year old mom.

Two daughters (different mothers) four grandchildren.

"If a man is unable to keep pace with his friends it is perhaps because he marches to the beat of a different drum."

A wild, uncontrollable friend, a bon vivant, who lived too hard and chose to do so everyday.

Morally, I can not miss him. I must celebrated his life and his unabashed joie de vivre.......

Johnny we hardly knew ye!!!!!!!!!!!

T-Boone

Reaction score
you guys would not have heard of him but one of the greatest cricketers of all time Shane Warne has died aged 52. Unbelievable to me. My favourite sportsman growing up. He was a leg spin bowler. The rarest of arts in cricket and he was phenomenal at it. My country will be very sad.

ACamp1900

Man of Culture
Reaction score
you guys would not have heard of him but one of the greatest cricketers of all time Shane Warne has died aged 52. Unbelievable to me. My favourite sportsman growing up. He was a leg spin bowler. The rarest of arts in cricket and he was phenomenal at it. My country will be very sad.
Okay,.. now I'm simply curious... what is 'your country'? Forgive me if I missed something you shared multiple times...

Bishop2b5

SEC Exchange Student
Reaction score
Actor and comedian Johnny Brown, most known for his role as the disliked building superintendent Bookman (often derisively referred to as Buffalo Butt) on the '70s sitcom Good Times, has died at the age of 84.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
Pretty good career. IIRC Body Heat was the film that jump started his career. Prostate cancer that had spread to the bones.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
That's way too young.

Broke his hip last month, PWTorch reported, and had severe health complications during surgery to repair it over the weekend.

Broken hips are usually a death sentence for the elderly, but not at 63. RIP!

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
NFL insider John “The Professor “ Clayton passed away from an undisclosed illness. Only 67. RIP John.

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
Pretty good career. IIRC Body Heat was the film that jump started his career. Prostate cancer that had spread to the bones.
He came right out of the gate with Altered States... which was also Drew Barrymore's first movie.

He had a helluva run in the 80's.