Happy Thanksgiving

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving with your families.

Jimmy3Putt

KooL
Reaction score
May your turkey not be too dry and the drinks not run out. Happy Thanksgiving boys! I’m off to make my first old fashion of the day.

What are you smoking today?

I have a Cohiba Robusto before dinner and a Deadwood Fat Bottom Betty Gordito for desert.

Greenore

Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving to my American brothers and sisters!!

For all we complain about we are still so fortunate and blessed. Lots of First World problems. We would all do better to take a few moments every day to recognize our good fortunes and also to recognize and assist the less fortunate.

Cheers and Go Irish!!

irishff1014

Reaction score
I ve had to have 3 hip replacements in the last 15 months and today may have been a break thru-thats what I'm thankful for I simply walked today with a little less pain🙏

Not good you had to have 3 replacements but less pain is good news.

irishtrain

Reaction score
first one got infected 2nd one caused fracture 3rd one tore things up pretty bad-doubtful for golf and that has depressed me-man i love golf

Bishop2b5

SEC Exchange Student
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving to all of my IE brothers and I hope you all had a great day. A friend posted the thought below today and I think it's worth sharing.

It is important to remember that not everyone is surrounded by large wonderful families. Holidays can be difficult. Some have divided families. Some are overcome with great sadness when missing the loved ones who are not with them. Many people have no one to spend these times with and are besieged by loneliness. What better time to reach out….to be caring and thoughtful. Check with neighbors that live alone. A kind word or an invitation for a meal…can make a difference in a persons life.

Jimmy3Putt

KooL
Reaction score
first one got infected 2nd one caused fracture 3rd one tore things up pretty bad-doubtful for golf and that has depressed me-man i love golf
This is why I'm against surgery unless life threatening. My father had a basic knee clean up (that he's been living with since 'Nam) and it ruined his life. It led to blood clots and an eventual stroke. Destroyed his quality of life.
So long as I can take the pain, I will.

NorthDakota

Grandson of Loomis
Reaction score
Our Thanksgivings are always so non-eventful. I like hearing about the drama at others.

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Reaction score
Not sure it’s really drama like that, just my wife’s siblings are cartoonishly narcissistic it’s generally rude… we are all ready for them to leave lol

irishtrooper

Reaction score
Took the noon-10 shift so others could be home. Less craziness this year than most honestly. I was able to catch most of the Bills holding on… Got some turkey too! It’s my favorite holiday after Independence Day

NorthDakota

Grandson of Loomis
Reaction score
Not sure it’s really drama like that, just my wife’s siblings are cartoonishly narcissistic it’s generally rude… we are all ready for them to leave lol
Do what my mom does when she wants me to leave. Fill their car with gas and offer to carry the luggage out to their car.

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Reaction score
Do what my mom does when she wants me to leave. Fill their car with gas and offer to carry the luggage out to their car.
Luckily they don’t stay with us,… but we hosted dinner and man her one sister is unbelievably petty. She’d never admit it but she’s crazy jealous of our marriage, house, success etc and it’s just constant backhanded bullshit all day… if she were a man I’d prob legit fight her

NorthDakota

Grandson of Loomis
Reaction score
Luckily they don’t stay with us,… but we hosted dinner and man her one sister is unbelievably petty. She’d never admit it but she’s crazy jealous of our marriage, house, success etc and it’s just constant backhanded bullshit all day… if she were a man I’d prob legit fight her
Can't really relate directly. But one of my cousins went to Columbia and another went to Harvard because nerd. They are SUPER petty toward each other at all family events and its amusing for about an hour, but quickly wears everyone out. Likewise, the Harvard one is jealous of the Columbia one because the latter has a good job and storybook marriage sorta deal while Harvard girl's life has been sputtering since she graduated.