'23 IA OT Kadyn Proctor (Alabama Verbal)

Katzenboyer

Reaction score
I don’t care his recruiting ranking, if you’re an elite program starting a true freshman on the OL, you’re in trouble.

Depends. Didn't Fischer start for ND his freshman season? Miami is also starting a true freshman, five-star recruit at RT this year and he looked pretty good against a very good A&M d-line.

Sometimes, talent is talent and you gotta play the best guys, even if he's a young'in.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Bama is about to be so mid in the new SEC *at least for one year* and I am here for it.
Pretty wild what 3 of the 4 playoff teams will look come next season.

I think Deboer is a good coach but this type of exodus is going to take some time. No way Fisch has UW ready to go right away next season. And, Michigan is going to get fucking hammered.

PutuporShutup

Reaction score

I think Deboer is a good coach but this type of exodus is going to take some time. No way Fisch has UW ready to go right away next season. And, Michigan is going to get fucking hammered.
UW is going to be in rough rough shape next year with their max exodus, new travel and teams, plus their schedule is much more difficult

irishff1014

Reaction score

I agree but I don’t think Trash U gets hammered.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
All this is kind of stupid honestly. If these guys stick around, Bama will be a good team no matter who their head coach is. And they hired one of the better ones around.

ab2cmiller

Troublemaker in training
Reaction score
All this is kind of stupid honestly. If these guys stick around, Bama will be a good team no matter who their head coach is. And they hired one of the better ones around.
I really don't know how much of this is they don't think they can win at Bama or they don't like Bama and want to move on.

The pessimistic side of me speculates that this is their opportunity to take another run at the NIL market without looking like a NIL whore. They have a good excuse why they are looking that doesn't make them look bad. Maybe some of them are hoping that Bama ponies up in desperation as they see their team take huge hits.

benneboy

And I own every kind of classic car!
Reaction score
It's not that stupid. The entire reason Alabama was great at football just walked out the door and they no longer have a competitive advantage in the 'paying players' department. They just got set back 20 years with no clear avenue to undo that.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
I really don't know how much of this is they don't think they can win at Bama or they don't like Bama and want to move on.

The pessimistic side of me speculates that this is their opportunity to take another run at the NIL market without looking like a NIL whore. They have a good excuse why they are looking that doesn't make them look bad. Maybe some of them are hoping that Bama ponies up in desperation as they see their team take huge hits.
I’m sure NIL is a factor for some of these guys. But it’s not like Bama won’t take care of someone like Proctor.
I just think a lot of it is driven by very short-term thinking and the grass always being greener. But it’s a mess.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
It's not that stupid. The entire reason Alabama was great at football just walked out the door and they no longer have a competitive advantage in the 'paying players' department. They just got set back 20 years with no clear avenue to undo that.
These players are getting paid. Bama hired a good coach and has a lot of good football players. They may not be a Death Star but they will still be one of the top-tier programs in the SEC.
The only places you’d put ahead of them are Georgia and maybe Texas and these guys can’t all go there.

Te'o4Heisman

Reaction score
They also just hired a guy who arguably has a much better history of winning than Saban did when Alabama hired him. Across all stops he has been at, his track record is elite. Obviosuly the difference being Saban won one at LSU prior, but Deboer just almost won one at WASHINGTON, in year 2 coming off a 4-8 season before he got there. They were what, 11-2 last year and 14-1 this year?

They replaced one of the greatest to ever do it at the college level with a guy who is top 5ish at the collegiate level right now, and has never been in a position with the resources and recruiting base like he will have now.

dublinirish

Everestt Gholstonson
Reaction score
They also just hired a guy who arguably has a much better history of winning than Saban did when Alabama hired him. Across all stops he has been at, his track record is elite. Obviosuly the difference being Saban won one at LSU prior, but Deboer just almost won one at WASHINGTON, in year 2 coming off a 4-8 season before he got there. They were what, 11-2 last year and 14-1 this year?

They replaced one of the greatest to ever do it at the college level with a guy who is top 5ish at the collegiate level right now, and has never been in a position with the resources and recruiting base like he will have now.

He ain’t won nothin in the SEC and til he does he’s a nobody for recruits in the south

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NDRock

Reaction score
I’m sure NIL is a factor for some of these guys. But it’s not like Bama won’t take care of someone like Proctor.
I just think a lot of it is driven by very short-term thinking and the grass always being greener. But it’s a mess.
True but the main reason these guys may have picked Bama was because of Saban and they’ve only been there for a semester. Can see the logic of them leaving if the main reason was Saban.

pumpdog20

Reaction score
The only reason Proctor isn't already at Iowa is because of NIL. Now there's a big SWARM (Iowa's NIL fund) drive to bring him home.

Some Irish Bloke

Five foot nothin', a hundred and nothin'
Reaction score
Bama is about to be so mid in the new SEC *at least for one year* and I am here for it.
I was talking to some family about this recently, when I first started watching football in the early 00s, I remember Alabama was pretty irrelevant. Then along came Saban...I'm ready for a change, even if it's only temporary

dublinirish

Everestt Gholstonson
Reaction score
I was talking to some family about this recently, when I first started watching football in the early 00s, I remember Alabama was pretty irrelevant. Then along came Saban...I'm ready for a change, even if it's only temporary

The change is gonna be Georgia jailsexing everyone in CFB for the next decade though

IrishLax

Something Witty
Staff member
Reaction score
Unless he wants to be part of a good offense.
The irony here is that he would’ve come to ND out of HS if he had better transcripts. If he got his grades up at Bama and ND has the $$, I would expect us to kick the tires. But that’s a lot of “ifs.”