2023 QB Cycle Cloudy Board

ThePiombino

The OG "TP"
Reaction score

On Dante - Mom & Dante wanted ND, Dad wanted Oregon. Stopped communication with both Vizzina and Avery Johnson. Says they slow played Jackson Arnold.

Says CJ is the real deal, but ND needs to change their recruiting strategy to recruit 4-5 QB's and let the first one commit who wants in.

Very bullish on ND's recruiting but they need to figure out how to get an elite QB to get over the hump.
So literally what everyone on IE is saying.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
How much bag must A&M be offering to flip an elite QB who is from Los Angeles away from Lincoln Riley and USC? What'd Nico get? Double it?

Dale

Reaction score

“Penn State won’t be alone in trying to flip Smolik, who committed to Tulane on June 23. Wisconsin and Notre Dame have expressed interest in recent weeks, he said.”

Last edited:

Dale

Reaction score
He mentioned the same to 247 actually last week. Surprised no one snooped it:

“I got a text from a coach at Notre Dame and I’ve heard from Wisconsin, LSU and Baylor but it's mainly Penn State and Tulane right now that I'm focusing on."

StPaul_Irish

Resident Smart Ass
Reaction score
Smolik's hudl is ok. Ok arm, ok athlete. Actually kind of a perfect fit if TB12 balls out and allows CJ to cook for a year.

du Lac

CEO of IE
Reaction score
I concede he could be a diamond in the rough (he does looks better than Tommy Rees), but if he did decent at Elite 11, why has nobody moved him up in the rankings?

It also appears Penn State has been after him hard. We can't just show up late to every QB recruiting battle like this in every single case and expect to win.

Last edited:

Dale

Reaction score
I'm clearly no expert but looked like his first four passes all went out of bounds?

Confused as well but he seemed to be standing there intentionally. Not sure why they didn’t have a WR to run routes since it was a full blown camp?

SouthSideChiDomer

Reaction score
Confused as well but he seemed to be standing there intentionally. Not sure why they didn’t have a WR to run routes since it was a full blown camp?
It wasn't a route rep, it was a touch rep. Watch again and look how he just gets the ball over the net. He puts the ball above the "defender" and within reach of a receiver at the out of bounds line.

NDPhilly

Philly Torqued
Reaction score
On a positive note, Minchey must have said thanks but no thanks to PSU or didn’t care enough about them to tweet an offer out like he did with ND.

Reaper97

Reaction score
Can we just make this thread about Narduzzi being pissed off at everybody and blaming ND for all bad things that happen to him?