2023 QB Cycle Big Board

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
On a positive note, Minchey must have said thanks but no thanks to PSU or didn’t care enough about them to tweet an offer out like he did with ND.
I read somewhere he was also “talking to” LSU and Florida State. IDK if either offered, and LSU got the Louisiana kid who’d been committed to Purdue. But Minchey has tweeted no offers lately except ours. And then a day or two later his “official” offer letter from Pitt. 😒

INLaw

Reaction score
I read somewhere he was also “talking to” LSU and Florida State. IDK if either offered, and LSU got the Louisiana kid who’d been committed to Purdue. But Minchey has tweeted no offers lately except ours. And then a day or two later his “official” offer letter from Pitt. 😒
Just for me…if we end up with Minchey I am happy and no grumbles. Anything less and i join the sideways eyes grimace with you. I am starting with an assumption that noone sticks with Pitt over us also

Veritate Duce Progredi

A man gotta have a code
Reaction score
Has anyone stated whether a source close to people next to the people on the outside of the gug has intimated any traction in this recruitment?

INLaw

Reaction score
I've never wanted to eat crow more in my life.

Not holding my breath though.
F that. No one has to eat crow. The boon is still out… why can’t that be fine? It is early in his career. We know he is young. We knew it was a high risk/high reward higher. It is not wrong to be super excited or super skeptical because both is correct. If we end up with Minchey its an ugly win. If we end up with below that tulane guy then it is an unacceptable loss. In December or February we will have an answer. As to Moore I blame lying money daddy Bophades and not Touchdown Tommy. I can be wrong and if I am i can take the arrows.

Veritate Duce Progredi

A man gotta have a code
Reaction score
This is weird.

Im a pro reese. So i get his point. But yeah anyone or the concept of taking names making vengeance list et al… is super lame

People really passionately discuss how they don't have faith in Rees, they think he is overrated, blah, blah, blah.

I don't feel weird at all reveling in a little schadenfreude that I create. And if you guys can't understand that:

INLaw

Reaction score
People really passionately discuss how they don't have faith in Rees, they think he is overrated, blah, blah, blah.

I don't feel weird at all reveling in a little schadenfreude that I create. And if you guys can't understand that:

I love schadenfreude. I think my take is just one mass post that says i was right you were wrong…eat a dick is way cooler than. Naming like 25 anonymous screen names that once overreacted to not getting Lying Moore at QB is my point.

GATTACA!

It's about to get gross
Reaction score
F that. No one has to eat crow. The boon is still out… why can’t that be fine? It is early in his career. We know he is young. We knew it was a high risk/high reward higher. It is not wrong to be super excited or super skeptical because both is correct. If we end up with Minchey its an ugly win. If we end up with below that tulane guy then it is an unacceptable loss. In December or February we will have an answer. As to Moore I blame lying money daddy Bophades and not Touchdown Tommy. I can be wrong and if I am i can take the arrows.
I've given him enough shit that if the offense blows up this season I'll admit I was wrong. I'm just a pleb but I've never seen anything schematically impressive, and his recruiting, QB in particular, leaves a LOT to be desired.

ThePiombino

The OG "TP"
Reaction score
There is a lot of conflation on this board between Rees the recruiter and Rees the coach/play caller.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

IrishLion

I am Beyonce, always.
Staff member
Reaction score
I’d say Rees the recruiter thus far, particularly at QB, has been similar to Rees the player.

That is an astute observation.

His '23 QB recruiting vs his '24 QB recruiting is very much representative of his TOMMY YES/TOMMY NO playing experience.

Dale

Reaction score
That is an astute observation.

His '23 QB recruiting vs his '24 QB recruiting is very much representative of his TOMMY YES/TOMMY NO playing experience.

Rees is lucky he led that fourth quarter comeback otherwise he’d be gone

Dale

Reaction score

Singer with some interesting tidbits tonight.

“staff is talking to other prospects as well who are more realistic at this point (than Minchey)”

NDMatt91

Reaction score
It’s still somewhat early, but imagine the outcry if Tommy didn’t land Carr in 2024, particularly if he whiffs this class or gets an inferior QB who can’t play (a la Clark).