2023 Master List

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not surprising, need to expand the CB/DB board.

Last edited:

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This from 247's Mike Roach after his viewing of the Battle Las Vegas 7v7 tourney back in February.

I mentioned the name of Spanaway (Wa.) Lake cornerback Jasiah Wagoner over the weekend, and no defensive back impressed me more. Wagoner was the only defensive back able to check Johntay Cook throughout the weekend showing speed and tight coverage on the Desoto four-star. Wagoner was in the conversation as the best overall player in attendance helping to lead Heir 7v7 to the finals. Wagoner embraced the challenge of following his opponent's best receiver on every play and stood out in a setting that isn't advantageous to defensive backs. He holds 13 early offers, but those numbers should go up this spring as Wagoner looks like a guy who could be one of the top defensive backs in the country.

arrowryan

Reaction score
Looking at Notre Dame’s receivers targets/commits: James, Greathouse, Flores, Gallagher, Elzy, Hanafin. It made me wonder which one(s) could do damage in the slot.

The obvious top choice would be Gallagher, imo, because of his speed and what he can do in space. I also keep going back to Greathouse. He’s a bigger body, but he could definitely be a “bully” slot. JuJu Smith a great bully slot in Pittsburgh and Claypool had a lot of success lining up in the slot at Notre Dame.

Between James, Flores, Hanafin, and Elzy, Stuckey has a lot of good options for possession receivers. Greathouse seems to have the flexibility to play multiple receiver positions.

allenm5333

Reaction score
Looking at Notre Dame’s receivers targets/commits: James, Greathouse, Flores, Gallagher, Elzy, Hanafin. It made me wonder which one(s) could do damage in the slot.

The obvious top choice would be Gallagher, imo, because of his speed and what he can do in space. I also keep going back to Greathouse. He’s a bigger body, but he could definitely be a “bully” slot. JuJu Smith a great bully slot in Pittsburgh and Claypool had a lot of success lining up in the slot at Notre Dame.

Between James, Flores, Hanafin, and Elzy, Stuckey has a lot of good options for possession receivers. Greathouse seems to have the flexibility to play multiple receiver positions.
Yes. Agree 100%. Gallagher is your YAC type. Greathouse is the "I can't believe he just picked up 8 yards and 3rd and 7" receiver. I would also look at Tease at a YAC slot if we recruit him there. Some of our TEs could be big slots as well. Thinking Raridon

SouthSideChiDomer

Reaction score
Just listening to the 247 football recruiting podcast, and they were discussing the QBs in the '23 class. One of the interesting parts was them talking about all the dominoes left to fall, and it goes way beyond Dante Moore and Jaden Rashada. These are the guys they mentioned are uncommitted and visiting big schools, committed but looking elsewhere, or committed though the team is still looking for another. So basically all are guys who aren't set.

Chris Parson - Committed to FSU, but FSU is bringing in Rickie Collins and Brock Glenn for visits.

Rickie Collins - Committed to Purdue, but took an OV to FSU.

Brock Glenn - Considered an Auburn lean, but took OVs to Ohio State and FSU.

Austin Novosad - Committed to Baylor, but took an OV to Ohio State and might flip.

Emory Williams - Took an OV to Miami and they gave him the green light to commit, but he wants to throw for some other schools.

Also, from earlier in the podcast, talking about the OT7 League 7-on-7 tournament they mentioned that Malachi Nelson actually wasn't great and was benched. His replacement was Collin Hurst, who led them to winning the tournament and was named Tournament MVP. Collin Hurst has a single FCS offer even though, as a junior, he completed "over 70 percent of his passes for 3,267 yards with 35 touchdowns to go against just two interceptions."