Sept 26 | Purdue

benneboy

And I own every kind of classic car!
Messages
1,282
Reaction score
1,323
Looking for a "get right" game for the rushing attack this game. Purdue is the softest P4 team we've played yet, I want us to really wear them out.
I'm not sure why everyone keeps saying this. Talking heads and fans alike. At this point there is pretty much a 0% chance we win a championship with a high end running game against really good defenses. Would rather see Carr continue to work on chemistry with and develop wide receivers. Yes we need to be able to run the ball some amount, but seems like a much lower ceiling for that style of offense unless Walton is untapped.
 

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Staff member
Messages
45,891
Reaction score
21,968
I'm not sure why everyone keeps saying this. Talking heads and fans alike. At this point there is pretty much a 0% chance we win a championship with a high end running game against really good defenses. Would rather see Carr continue to work on chemistry with and develop wide receivers. Yes we need to be able to run the ball some amount, but seems like a much lower ceiling for that style of offense unless Walton is untapped.
It’s a lot easier to win a natty if you can run the ball as well as pass.
 

IRISHDODGER

Blue Chip Recruit
Messages
8,333
Reaction score
6,422
ND should be able to name their score but I’m not expecting PU to be as bad as they’ve shown in previous games b/c I’m gonna give them benefit of the doubt that they get up for ND. Every team gets up for ND. Hopefully staff has the players not looking past them b/c I’m sure they’re all on social media &/or have heard how bad PU is.

I think they’ll have Carr intentionally target Greathouse & Graham this game. I think one of the pods I listened to stated that after watching the All 22, that both players were getting open but not getting targeted. AW needs to focus on vision & north/south running. Get James & Walton involved & I think ND can exploit the perimeter.
 

bkess8

Us vs. Them
Staff member
Messages
7,716
Reaction score
1,545
Would love to see the following today:

- Downfield passing game that will open up the running game
- Consistency in the running game
- Play action passing game
- Less screens and LOS passing plays
 

Bane

Well-known member
Messages
2,556
Reaction score
5,276
I'm not sure why everyone keeps saying this. Talking heads and fans alike. At this point there is pretty much a 0% chance we win a championship with a high end running game against really good defenses. Would rather see Carr continue to work on chemistry with and develop wide receivers. Yes we need to be able to run the ball some amount, but seems like a much lower ceiling for that style of offense unless Walton is untapped.
Uh probably because a balanced attack will benefit us in the long run and being able to run the ball will help you win a national championship. I'm not saying we need to transform into a 70/30 run/pass split, but we can't continue to be the 100s nationally in the run game and expect to hold up in November and January.
 

RudyVerse

Well-known member
Messages
1,300
Reaction score
2,329
I’d love to see Jonas break out, O’Brien look the part, one of Greathouse/Graham to have a big day. And no injuries.

I do not want to see Aneyas get 12 carries to Jonas’s 3.
 

Huntr

24 Karat Shamrock
Messages
8,307
Reaction score
11,725
Conference realignment and expansion is the worst part of the CFB evolution

USC and Rutgers in this conference is friggin dumb
 
Top