Sept 12 | Rice

KMac151993

Well-known member
Messages
3,900
Reaction score
2,436
Kentucky HC acting like a coked up hardo then shit starts breaking against the Cats and he looks like a little school boy.
 

Dale

Well-known member
Messages
19,049
Reaction score
33,417
Lame. Just knee it out if you’re not gonna try
 

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Messages
49,710
Reaction score
12,143
Surprised to see the Minnesota score,… not too often a sec team actually leaves the south and beats a seemingly equal opponent.
 

Irishdawg

Well-known member
Messages
1,629
Reaction score
1,299
Surprised to see the Minnesota score,… not too often a sec team actually leaves the south and beats a seemingly equal opponent.
Was at the game, Miss. St. looked so much faster than the gophers! Dominant
 
Last edited:

RudyVerse

Well-known member
Messages
1,300
Reaction score
2,327
I think Jonaz needs to get some 1st team reps to see how he does in a real situation. I don't know what happened to Aneyas. He just doesn;t look like the same guy from 2024.
I think we just had a low bar for a true freshman and we’re awed that he got on the field.

He hasn’t progressed in any athletic way. Looks like he’s running in Longos sand trap.
 

Old Man Mike

Fast as Lightning!
Messages
9,420
Reaction score
7,255
I think we're going to be alright in the running game.

I note that the OLine is still shuffling -- not the best thing two games in.
That sort of thing MIGHT be affecting the RBs (or maybe just Aneyas.)
I see the gaps still there, but the backs not directly trusting them.
Hopefully the O-Staff will get on the RBs about trusting the play-gaps (and we'll look quicker.)
We apparently really need to stabilize RT. .. and run more behind the wash created by Knapp.
 

Dizzyphil

Well-known member
Messages
4,298
Reaction score
1,700
I think we're going to be alright in the running game.

I note that the OLine is still shuffling -- not the best thing two games in.
That sort of thing MIGHT be affecting the RBs (or maybe just Aneyas.)
I see the gaps still there, but the backs not directly trusting them.
Hopefully the O-Staff will get on the RBs about trusting the play-gaps (and we'll look quicker.)
We apparently really need to stabilize RT. .. and run more behind the wash created by Knapp.
I agree with you somewhat but, the top three backs averaged over three yards per carry. Add in that Carr had a monster day passing to everyone exept the O-Line and Rice Defense, and..... the average starting line was the Rice 47 yard line. Williams had a 13 yard carry diminshed by a Facemask penalty. So, overall the stats could have been much better but after the first drive of the 2nd half, the game was over. The 2s and 3s came in to get reps. ND literally beat Rice in one half of football.

Always enjoy your posts Mike... love your direct reflections!!
 

Old Man Mike

Fast as Lightning!
Messages
9,420
Reaction score
7,255
Thank you. I generally enjoy the IE site because there are several knowledgeable posters and many other appreciative ones.

If a few guys could just dump the "it-all-relates-to-my-last-remark" attitude and just go with the pleasant drift more, this would be pretty ideal. I had a guy tell me to "take a nap" (an old person slur) just because I disagreed with an opinion about Jason Garrett (I can understand the differences of opinions we have; not so much the race to make things personal. Wish that one thing would stop.)
 

Dizzyphil

Well-known member
Messages
4,298
Reaction score
1,700
Thank you. I generally enjoy the IE site because there are several knowledgeable posters and many other appreciative ones.

If a few guys could just dump the "it-all-relates-to-my-last-remark" attitude and just go with the pleasant drift more, this would be pretty ideal. I had a guy tell me to "take a nap" (an old person slur) just because I disagreed with an opinion about Jason Garrett (I can understand the differences of opinions we have; not so much the race to make things personal. Wish that one thing would stop.)
Sir, I totally understand. I was a Junior in college the last time ND won a NC and I went to the ND/AL Sugar bowl in '73/Tulane Stadium when my Uncle lived in Hattiesburg MS. My Grandfather worked for Dolly Madison in Birmingham and got us tickets.

I get your statement on the 'take a nap' deal... I get it too every once in a while... guess you and I are the 'old school' gents that don't get the 'win now' - 'what have you done for me lately' crowd. All we can do is watch and root for 'ol ND ....

We sure as shit can't 'suit up' and make a difference huh???
 

PolishDomer

Well-known member
Messages
1,886
Reaction score
2,990
As a 50 something, this works wonders...

1789341605669.jpeg

Now im looking for something that can actually grow some hairs back...
 
Last edited:
Top