RIP...

Notre Dame Joe

Well-known member
Messages
521
Reaction score
294
I’m from the land of ‘carolers are still a thing’??

I liked the second, one of the better nostalgia pushes from this era,… most of these modern updates/ sequels are horrible imo. I definitely did not think the new Christmas movie was horrible
Was it a real sequel or in name only?

The Where Are They Now? for a Christmas Story was fantastic. IT seems like we just lost the mother too.
 

CanadalovesND

Well-known member
Messages
6,624
Reaction score
6,119
Some of you may be familiar with the story of Prichard's tragic injury. Young, talented, aspiring boxer that was left with permanent brain damage after suffering a subdural hematoma following a fight in October 2015. He spent eight months in a coma, and after emerging, he wasn't able to walk or talk. Spent the rest of his life in near-constant care.

No official cause of death has been stated.

 

Notre Dame Joe

Well-known member
Messages
521
Reaction score
294
Some of you may be familiar with the story of Prichard's tragic injury. Young, talented, aspiring boxer that was left with permanent brain damage after suffering a subdural hematoma following a fight in October 2015. He spent eight months in a coma, and after emerging, he wasn't able to walk or talk. Spent the rest of his life in near-constant care.

No official cause of death has been stated.

Boxing.
 

ulukinatme

Carr for QB 2026!
Messages
32,446
Reaction score
19,082

Remember the Titans and Heroes.

Way too young. Hard to believe.

Holy shit, was not expecting this today. Just yesterday I read an article how the Heroes show is currently back on Netflix and is the #2 show currently on the platform, finding renewed popularity and a new audience. I used to tell my wife all the time that she looked like a brunette Hayden, they had similar face structure, high cheekbones, etc. Gone way too young, RIP!
 

Classic Irish

Well-known member
Messages
1,349
Reaction score
416
Holy shit, was not expecting this today. Just yesterday I read an article how the Heroes show is currently back on Netflix and is the #2 show currently on the platform, finding renewed popularity and a new audience. I used to tell my wife all the time that she looked like a brunette Hayden, they had similar face structure, high cheekbones, etc. Gone way too young, RIP!
Seriously? Wow. You really need to broaden your horizons if this triggers this reaction.
 

NDty9

Well-known member
Messages
1,185
Reaction score
695
That was my reaction too: “what?” Sorry she passed but let’s act like adults here. How old are you? Let’s not pretend she was some star of stage and screen. If she had been overweight and homely, you wouldn’t give a damn. But just because you jerked off to her poster ten years ago doesn’t make her Meryl Streep. And you know it.
Know when to keep your douchey thoughts to yourself … you sound like a pathetic scumbag
 

ulukinatme

Carr for QB 2026!
Messages
32,446
Reaction score
19,082
That was my reaction too: “what?” Sorry she passed but let’s act like adults here. How old are you? Let’s not pretend she was some star of stage and screen. If she had been overweight and homely, you wouldn’t give a damn. But just because you jerked off to her poster ten years ago doesn’t make her Meryl Streep. And you know it.
Are you okay, where did this all come from? She wasn't my favorite actress, but I did enjoy the show in it's prime and she was a central figure. I thought it was a crazy coincidence that the show re-entered the zeitgeist again just this week. Be classy, this isn't a good look.
 

T-Boone

Well-known member
Messages
8,709
Reaction score
5,079

Remember the Titans and Heroes.

Way too young. Hard to believe.
Gutted by that news today. I don't know those later roles, but she was adorable in Remember the Titans.
I only read a bit of the story today and it is just too sad.

Edit: didn't she narrate Remember the Titans?
 

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Staff member
Messages
45,969
Reaction score
22,074
Tommy John passed.

Kind of weird that he may be more famous pertaining to a surgery as opposed to his performance.
Yeah and he was a pretty good pitcher. IIRC, his was the first MLB'er to have this operation. Experimental at the time, but as a pitcher his career was basically over without the operation. Anyone remember his nickname "Terre Haute Tommy"? RIP Tommy.
 

Irishnuke

CFB Message Board Guy
Messages
8,347
Reaction score
4,201
That was my reaction too: “what?” Sorry she passed but let’s act like adults here. How old are you? Let’s not pretend she was some star of stage and screen. If she had been overweight and homely, you wouldn’t give a damn. But just because you jerked off to her poster ten years ago doesn’t make her Meryl Streep. And you know it.
Wow. You're a dickhead.
 

GrangerIrish24

I bring nothing to the table
Messages
7,562
Reaction score
16,687
Are you okay, where did this all come from? She wasn't my favorite actress, but I did enjoy the show in it's prime and she was a central figure. I thought it was a crazy coincidence that the show re-entered the zeitgeist again just this week. Be classy, this isn't a good look.

Don’t let this turd get you down. You’re wife sounds hot to us 😁
 

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Staff member
Messages
45,969
Reaction score
22,074

Panettiere died at an apartment complex in Greenville, South Carolina, and local police told NewsNation affiliate WSPA there didn’t seem to be signs of foul play. People reports 911 dispatch audio mentions “overdose” and “cardiac arrest” around the time of her death.
 

Bishop2b5

SEC Exchange Student
Messages
9,306
Reaction score
6,555
Given her past struggles with drugs, I was afraid that was going to be the cause of death. Very talented and beautiful young woman, but went down the wrong path.
 

IRISHDODGER

Blue Chip Recruit
Messages
8,361
Reaction score
6,437
Absolutely amazing that he was 46 years old for his final start.
I think only Nolan Ryan was older to start a game in modern history.

Jobe’s 1st UCL transplant was arguably the most successful as John received it well into his career and won more games post-UCL than any other pitcher who had TJ surgery as a MLBer. David Wells leads all pitchers as he had TJ in the minors & turned in a helluva career.
 

notredamermotherpray4us

Well-known member
Messages
226
Reaction score
303
I think only Nolan Ryan was older to start a game in modern history.

Jobe’s 1st UCL transplant was arguably the most successful as John received it well into his career and won more games post-UCL than any other pitcher who had TJ surgery as a MLBer. David Wells leads all pitchers as he had TJ in the minors & turned in a helluva career.
Jamie Moyer and Phil Neikro off the top of my head were older. Im sure there were a few others too
 

FU BK

Well-known member
Messages
1,990
Reaction score
3,135
Gutted by that news today. I don't know those later roles, but she was adorable in Remember the Titans.
I only read a bit of the story today and it is just too sad.

Edit: didn't she narrate Remember the Titans?
I dont think she narrated it as she was only 10 or so when it was filmed. Tragic seeing someone so young pass away
 

T-Boone

Well-known member
Messages
8,709
Reaction score
5,079
I dont think she narrated it as she was only 10 or so when it was filmed. Tragic seeing someone so young pass away
Yeah I should say it was her character that narrated at the beginning and end.
 

T-Boone

Well-known member
Messages
8,709
Reaction score
5,079
Apologies to all for lashing out the way I did last evening. Having a quite bad couple of days, but my behavior was totally inappropriate. Again my apologies. I’m going to take a few days away from the board.
Spend the day in bed watching meryl strep movies.
 

ulukinatme

Carr for QB 2026!
Messages
32,446
Reaction score
19,082
Apologies to all for lashing out the way I did last evening. Having a quite bad couple of days, but my behavior was totally inappropriate. Again my apologies. I’m going to take a few days away from the board.
It's all good, we've all been there. I honestly typed a more aggressive reply in my last message, but changed it after I realized there's probably more to it than words convey. Be well, God bless.
 

ulukinatme

Carr for QB 2026!
Messages
32,446
Reaction score
19,082
Ironic to be named Frank Beard, and you're in ZZ Top, but not known as one of the guys with a fantastic beard.

RIP, Frank. Sharp Dressed Man, Legs, and La Grange are some of my favorite Classic Rock songs, the drums were particularly tasty on the later. Back to the Future is my favorite trilogy all time, thought it was so cool Frank, Billy, and Dusty made cameos in the 3rd movie.

Just saw that ZZ Top was supposed to play in Dayton in 12 days, had no idea. They've cancelled their remaining shows obviously.
 

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Staff member
Messages
45,969
Reaction score
22,074
Ironic to be named Frank Beard, and you're in ZZ Top, but not known as one of the guys with a fantastic beard.

RIP, Frank. Sharp Dressed Man, Legs, and La Grange are some of my favorite Classic Rock songs, the drums were particularly tasty on the later. Back to the Future is my favorite trilogy all time, thought it was so cool Frank, Billy, and Dusty made cameos in the 3rd movie.

Just saw that ZZ Top was supposed to play in Dayton in 12 days, had no idea. They've cancelled their remaining shows obviously.
Don’t forget Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers. I’m getting old. All the rockers from my teens and twenties are leaving us. RIP Frank.
 
Top