Politics

Politics

  • Obama

    Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Romney

    Votes: 172 48.7%
  • Other

    Votes: 46 13.0%
  • a:3:{i:1637;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:1637;s:6:"nodeid";s:7:"2882145";s:5:"title";s:5:"Obama";s:5:"

    Votes: 130 36.8%

  • Total voters
    353

ulukinatme

Carr for QB 2026!
Messages
32,411
Reaction score
19,044
We’re wasting a billion plus per day in Iran last time I checked.
Maybe, but if Iran did have plans for a nuke it would be devastating if they decided to use it here. We just passed the 25th anniversary of 9/11. Sometimes the best defense is a good offense.
 

ulukinatme

Carr for QB 2026!
Messages
32,411
Reaction score
19,044
Him and his tribe who think we should just let Iran have a nuke. This shit has a caucus in the democrat party. At least we know where he gets it.



Yeah, Iran is a state sponsor of terrorism. They already use fear and subversion to influence neighbors and cause destruction, lets just let them have a nuke. That should make things better! :rolleyes:
 

NDWarrior

Well-known member
Messages
3,574
Reaction score
2,707
Him and his tribe who think we should just let Iran have a nuke. This shit has a caucus in the democrat party. At least we know where he gets it.


Your reply and interpretaion of what he's saying is "batshit crazy." He's simply outlining what has been around since the post-WWII era -- Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD) and Detente.

It's world superpower strategy 101 and a doctrine of military strategy and national security policy.

And you don't even listen to the entire interview. He's saying Iran has simply been trying to join the club and play the game for leverage and influence in the area, but as he said, he's not advocating for Iran getting nukes, but he understands the country's strategy and the why behind it and that MAD and Detente do tend to bring stability to regions where there are nukes - Please see the Cold War era.

I don't follow Piker and this is the first time I've heard him speak but he obviously understands history and geo political strategy.

Before this latest war, I'll tell you one thing I've noticed about Iran. When they're hit - like when the Nukes bunkers were hit about 1.5 years ago and when Israel bombed them a few years back - they are very measured in their response... You can practically predict what they're going to do. A requisite retaliatory strike that's not very damaging. We saw this after both of these events and I would venture to guess is exactly why Trump and his team felt emboldened to strike the Iranian nukes back in April 2025. They took an informed and calculated gamble that Iran would bark back but not go full-on pit bull attack and they were right.

You guys blow everything up and exaggerate things.
 

Fbolt

I've been around
Messages
7,466
Reaction score
2,609
Your reply and interpretaion of what he's saying is "batshit crazy." He's simply outlining what has been around since the post-WWII era -- Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD) and Detente.

It's world superpower strategy 101 and a doctrine of military strategy and national security policy.

And you don't even listen to the entire interview. He's saying Iran has simply been trying to join the club and play the game for leverage and influence in the area, but as he said, he's not advocating for Iran getting nukes, but he understands the country's strategy and the why behind it and that MAD and Detente do tend to bring stability to regions where there are nukes - Please see the Cold War era.

I don't follow Piker and this is the first time I've heard him speak but he obviously understands history and geo political strategy.

Before this latest war, I'll tell you one thing I've noticed about Iran. When they're hit - like when the Nukes bunkers were hit about 1.5 years ago and when Israel bombed them a few years back - they are very measured in their response... You can practically predict what they're going to do. A requisite retaliatory strike that's not very damaging. We saw this after both of these events and I would venture to guess is exactly why Trump and his team felt emboldened to strike the Iranian nukes back in April 2025. They took an informed and calculated gamble that Iran would bark back but not go full-on pit bull attack and they were right.

You guys blow everything up and exaggerate things.
Iran is measured in their response? How about the response comes from the US or Israel as their proxies typically hit either the US or Israel. You ever been on the wrong side of a KH or an SMG attack Mr Keyboard Warrior? Did not think so.
 

NDWarrior

Well-known member
Messages
3,574
Reaction score
2,707
Iran is measured in their response? How about the response comes from the US or Israel as their proxies typically hit either the US or Israel. You ever been on the wrong side of a KH or an SMG attack Mr Keyboard Warrior? Did not think so.
Stop changing the subject and stay focused Mr. ADHD. I'm simply saying before the war, Iran could be bombed and their response was predictable and relatively harmless. Since the war started in March, it's been a different story.

Now be a nice sniper who has used up his ammo for the day and crawl back into your cave.
 

Fbolt

I've been around
Messages
7,466
Reaction score
2,609
My cave? You mean real world, on the ground experience?

No changing the subject-I laughed at you stating they have measured responses-which, who fucking cares. It is predominantly the US and Israel responding to THEIR attacks. Talk about switching the narrative of what actually happens out there. If you knew-then you would know.

But you don't know. I pity you, fool!
 

Fbolt

I've been around
Messages
7,466
Reaction score
2,609
Stop changing the subject and stay focused Mr. ADHD. I'm simply saying before the war, Iran could be bombed and their response was predictable and relatively harmless. Since the war started in March, it's been a different story.

Now be a nice sniper who has used up his ammo for the day and crawl back into your cave.
I'm not a sniper, although 1700 yards is my longest shot.
 

NDWarrior

Well-known member
Messages
3,574
Reaction score
2,707
Drayer, Drayer, Drayer, you're either too dumb to know how dumb you are, or you're being highly disingenuous with your usual simping for MAGA and Trump.

Maybe we give you too much credit and it's actually the former - I always wondered if the 54 in your handle represented your IQ?
(And Bishy isn't much brighter when he parrots your stupid uninformed tweets.)

Now, where do I begin to debunk your extremely-disingenuous post?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The tweet leaves out the biggest piece of context: The bill included a voter ID provision, which is the main reason it failed on a party-line vote.

What the bill actually does

The Stop Insider Trading Act started as Rep. Bryan Steil's (R-Wis.) House bill, with Sen. Ricketts introducing the Senate companion in March. It would bar members of Congress, their spouses, and dependent children from buying publicly traded stocks, and require public notice before any stock sale. That notice would have to come 7 to 14 days before a sale, and violations would carry a penalty of $2,000 or 10% of the investment's value, whichever is greater, plus forfeiture of any net gain. Members could keep their current portfolios, and executive-branch officials aren't covered.

The voter ID rider

The bill also contains voter ID language taken from the SAVE America Act
. Democrats have repeatedly blocked that measure this year. They called the addition a "poison pill" and voter suppression. Republicans countered that photo ID shouldn't be controversial and pointed to polling showing public support. Schumer said the bill was "built to fail" because of that provision. Democrats also argued the provision would gut mail voting.

Democrats' substantive objections
  • It's a ban on buying, not on owning or trading. Members of both parties acknowledged it wouldn't fully ban congressional stock trading, since lawmakers could still profit from sales.
  • Schumer objected that it would explicitly let members keep trading stock in privately held companies, including ones they oversee.
  • Hakeem Jeffries noted it doesn't cover the president, vice president, or cabinet.
Politics and timing
  • This was the Senate's last act before the election recess, paired with a data center utility-cost bill that also failed. Both votes were expected to fall short and were meant to put Democrats on the record.
  • Ricketts is in a competitive race in Nebraska, and his independent opponent, Dan Osborn, has accused him of profiting heavily from his stock portfolio while in the Senate. Osborn points to an estimated $10 million in gains in April 2025, when stocks rebounded after Trump eased his "Liberation Day" tariffs.
  • This is the second time Senate Democrats have blocked this bill. An earlier Senate vote in July was also derailed by the voter ID provision.
The competing bill

Last summer the Senate Homeland Security Committee advanced a stricter bill from Sen. Josh Hawley (R-Mo.) that would ban both trading and ownership of stocks by lawmakers, the president, the vice president, and their families. It still hasn't gotten a floor vote. Sen. Tim Kaine argued that if Republicans really wanted a ban, they would bring a clean stock ban to the floor. Schumer said his caucus is "ready to go" on a real ban.

How each side frames it
  • Republicans say Democrats voted against a stock trading ban that passed the House with bipartisan support. That House vote in July was 232–198, with 13 Democrats in favor.
  • Democrats say the bill was a weak ban deliberately tied to a voting measure they'd never accept, so it would fail.
Both framings contain some truth. The tweet's version, "all Democrats voted no," is accurate but omits the voter ID rider. The Pelosi GIF is political commentary; she's in the House and had no role in this Senate vote.

Sources:
 

NDWarrior

Well-known member
Messages
3,574
Reaction score
2,707
Tolerance

Tolerance of what? Liberties are being taken that since he supposedly used the word "extermination" (so far only mentioned by a "neighbor" or "friend" with no further details) and he expressed his displeasure for AIPAC, that he obviously wanted to "exterminate Jews."

IMO, he was sick and tired of TX politicians taking loads of AIPAC $ and so he was looking to do some damage in the TX State Capitol (not the right way to address this huge problem of course).

I don't read any crazy "Lunatic Leftist" Democrat into this at all... MAGA admin propaganda, especially when you hear Patel and the FBI have taken over and NO details are released to the public. It's fake news!
 

Fbolt

I've been around
Messages
7,466
Reaction score
2,609
^the party of tolerance
Tolerance of what? Liberties are being taken that since he supposedly used the word "extermination" (so far only mentioned by a "neighbor" or "friend" with no further details) and he expressed his displeasure for AIPAC, that he obviously wanted to "exterminate Jews."

IMO, he was sick and tired of TX politicians taking loads of AIPAC $ and so he was looking to do some damage in the TX State Capitol (not the right way to address this huge problem of course).

I don't read any crazy "Lunatic Leftist" Democrat into this at all... MAGA admin propaganda, especially when you hear Patel and the FBI have taken over and NO details are released to the public. It's fake news!
Go get'em W@rRi0r!
 

TorontoGold

Mr. Dumb Moron
Messages
8,074
Reaction score
6,174

ulukinatme

Carr for QB 2026!
Messages
32,411
Reaction score
19,044
I got Florida and American Conservatism. Fair

I got Pennsylvania and historically Republic Rome. I also had American Conservatism. I was heavy on Democracy over Autocracy, as well as Militaristic and Protectionism over Pacifist and Globalism.
It said I was strongly in favor of Biology over Technology, but I didn't think it came across that way based on my answers. I was generally in favor of tech advances only if change didn't hurt nature with the exception being AI where I was strongly against it's advances without rails.
I was middle of the road or slightly leaning left or right in most other areas.
The biggest area I differed from American Conservatism was in religion where I was right down the middle between Religious and Irrelegious.

The figure closest to me based on ideology was Cicero of Rome, and Lincoln after that.

In my Ideological Other Matches I had Neoconservatism.
 
Top