NHL Thread

IrishInOntario

Well-known member
Messages
1,179
Reaction score
1,955
Davidson better hope and pray they can sign Byram to an extension since he's entering the last year of his contract. If he walks after 1 year, holy shit, his ass better be fired. If Im Bedard, id seriously be thinking about finding somewhere else to call home

The worst part is that his agent is Darren Ferris. The guy that is openly hostile with organizations in an attempt to extract every dollar our the organization for his client. Universally hated around the league for being completely unreasonable.
 

KPENN

Well-known member
Staff member
Messages
13,608
Reaction score
13,345
They should have drafted Demidov when they had the chance. A left shot RW would have been perfect for Bedard.
 
Last edited:

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Messages
49,707
Reaction score
12,143
Curious to see if my Pens do land the other Ruck brother tomorrow
 

KPENN

Well-known member
Staff member
Messages
13,608
Reaction score
13,345
The Flyers making the playoffs and beating the Penguins last year was the worst thing to happen to them. They have an over inflated view of the team now because of that. I hate this team right now. Going on 15 years of the same shit. They won’t commit to a full rebuild and are stuck being mid. If it wasn’t for Michkov and Martone falling into their laps the Flyers have would have nothing to show for Briere’s tenure as GM.
 

FU BK

Well-known member
Messages
1,976
Reaction score
3,112
Man...Kyle Davidson is a wizard....Bynum signs for 12.5 a year....highest paid dman in the league...lol
 

KPENN

Well-known member
Staff member
Messages
13,608
Reaction score
13,345
Leo is an absolute stud, going to be Miko type player, but 4 1sts and 18 million...woof
As is constructed minus something fluky happening, they weren’t going to be in line for any top 5 and maybe even top 10 picks, they have the money and #1 center is their number one need.
 

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Messages
49,707
Reaction score
12,143
If ducks don’t match not only is he the biggest contract in the ho but they lose a bunch of draft picks as well, right??
 

KPENN

Well-known member
Staff member
Messages
13,608
Reaction score
13,345
If ducks don’t match not only is he the biggest contract in the ho but they lose a bunch of draft picks as well, right??
Yeah they’ll be mid round firsts. The Flyers as built aren’t bottoming out. This is arguably their biggest need. This is a no brained
 

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Messages
49,707
Reaction score
12,143
Yeah they’ll be mid round firsts. The Flyers as built aren’t bottoming out. This is arguably their biggest need. This is a no brained
lol,… ‘the winners of the 2027 nil draft lottery are,…. The Anaheim Ducks by way of the Philadelphia Flyers.’

Idk, being totally honest if I’m a flyers fan I’m hoping Anaheim matches,… four first rounders and that much money?? To me that’s the recipe to staying in the murky middle for the near future. Who knows tho,…
 

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Messages
49,707
Reaction score
12,143
If I’m you KPENN I’m so glad the Ducks matched,… that contract and no first rounders for years?? No thanks
 

FU BK

Well-known member
Messages
1,976
Reaction score
3,112
Holy shit....cant believe Anaheim matched that. Hopefully Bedards shoulder will make him want less than that.
 

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Messages
49,707
Reaction score
12,143
Holy shit....cant believe Anaheim matched that. Hopefully Bedards shoulder will make him want less than that.
I think Verbeek had little choice considering how their offseason was going
 

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Messages
49,707
Reaction score
12,143
I mean I’d want him too but not at that price
 

KPENN

Well-known member
Staff member
Messages
13,608
Reaction score
13,345
I mean I’d want him too but not at that price
They really don’t have many great center options. He would have been an overpay but I think with him they have a cup contender forward group. They half assed a rebuild and he we are
 

StPaul_Irish

Resident Smart Ass
Messages
2,934
Reaction score
3,157
They really don’t have many great center options. He would have been an overpay but I think with him they have a cup contender forward group. They half assed a rebuild and he we are

Leo is a stud, IMO will be a top 10 NHL player in 2-3 years. It's a heavy contract, and crazy that the "little ball of hate" Patty V was basically caught with his pants down. He didn't really have a choice, was he going to let a all day long 1C walk for 4 mid/late rounders?
I want to believe that Philly did this as a FU to Cutter G and his camp. They knew the Ducks would have to match and still needed to Extend Leo, and the Russian D man, with Cutter coming up soon. If not you are letting your top player walk for 4 unknowns, and turning Anahime into the Philly that Cutter didn't want to sign with. Who knows if this is how it went down, but it makes for a good and plausable story lol. And, it's kind of brilliant
 

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Messages
49,707
Reaction score
12,143
Yeah it’ll be interesting to see how this plays out, it’s not done,… the ducks need room to keep their core together and need to find a team that has the cap space and needs to take some contracts for them… if this becomes DucksVFlyers we all know what team fits that mold and would be an excellent the petty option for the Ducks
 

FU BK

Well-known member
Messages
1,976
Reaction score
3,112
As a hawks fan, never thought id see the day Kaner is a Hawk again. Even at his age, dude can still play and sad to say he will have the most points this year with Bedard out
 

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Messages
49,707
Reaction score
12,143
I cannot wait for the season,… get here already. Plus this looks extremely promising:

 

StPaul_Irish

Resident Smart Ass
Messages
2,934
Reaction score
3,157
Where is Laine going to sign? My Bolts need a RH forward in the worst way. Sign him to a 2 year prove it contract loaded w/ incentives.
 

402puck

Dee Snutzs
Messages
1,497
Reaction score
3,147
Where is Laine going to sign? My Bolts need a RH forward in the worst way. Sign him to a 2 year prove it contract loaded w/ incentives.

As a fellow Tampa guy, no thank you. Would rather start the season with what we’ve got and accrue as much space as possible for the deadline and take a swing at a rental
 

StPaul_Irish

Resident Smart Ass
Messages
2,934
Reaction score
3,157
As a fellow Tampa guy, no thank you. Would rather start the season with what we’ve got and accrue as much space as possible for the deadline and take a swing at a rental

I get it, but if you can catch lightning in a bottle (pun intended) on a 2x1, why not? If he sucks release him, and at 1/per... Still have some cap space. Hell if hes average, maybe you trade him.
 

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Messages
49,707
Reaction score
12,143
So I guess I’m at a season of life where I’d rather watch pre season hockey than MNF bc that’s exactly what I did last night. Can’t wait for the season,…

Anyway I heard an unreal stat, the record for longest running division title drought isn’t my Browns in the nfl… it’s the Edmonton oilers!!! They haven’t won a division title since 99 was on the team!!! Crazy
 

Some Irish Bloke

Five foot nothin', a hundred and nothin'
Messages
6,660
Reaction score
6,445
So I guess I’m at a season of life where I’d rather watch pre season hockey than MNF bc that’s exactly what I did last night. Can’t wait for the season,…

Anyway I heard an unreal stat, the record for longest running division title drought isn’t my Browns in the nfl… it’s the Edmonton oilers!!! They haven’t won a division title since 99 was on the team!!! Crazy
That is definitely a choice but to each their own. Though MNF wasn't a particularly competitive game so I ended up putting on Peaky Blinders. Still haven't seen the movie so I figured I'd rewatch.

Anyway, I wish I could say I was excited for the season. I'm trying to figure out when my Red Wings became the armpit of hockey but man, the endless rebuild continues....I'd be surprised if they reached 80 points this year.
 

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Messages
49,707
Reaction score
12,143
That is definitely a choice but to each their own. Though MNF wasn't a particularly competitive game so I ended up putting on Peaky Blinders. Still haven't seen the movie so I figured I'd rewatch.

Anyway, I wish I could say I was excited for the season. I'm trying to figure out when my Red Wings became the armpit of hockey but man, the endless rebuild continues....I'd be surprised if they reached 80 points this year.
easiest choice ever... at no point in the last five years has MNF ever been anything more than background noise... NFL is just not it anymore.

On the flip side, the NHL is infinitely interesting to me... so many great subplots.
 

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Messages
49,707
Reaction score
12,143
That is definitely a choice but to each their own. Though MNF wasn't a particularly competitive game so I ended up putting on Peaky Blinders. Still haven't seen the movie so I figured I'd rewatch.

Anyway, I wish I could say I was excited for the season. I'm trying to figure out when my Red Wings became the armpit of hockey but man, the endless rebuild continues....I'd be surprised if they reached 80 points this year.


Watching the pens/wings game right now… super funny vibe. No announcers but you get all audio from officials and all the arena music, but you can’t hear the crowd or ice. So it’s silence, then a tripping call comes in followed by arena organ music then back to silence lol
 

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Messages
49,707
Reaction score
12,143
And what a short handed goal by Nick Robertson,… great goal
 
Top