Law School Advice.

AlaskanIrish

. . . a little stitious.
Reaction score
Irishenvy's favorite son of the Flickertail State passed the Bar. Passing the Bar is not a ton of fun. After the 1st day (written essays) I was convinced I needed to do well on the multiple choice. Turns out I was right lol. Got hit with a perfect storm of essay questions on areas of law I was not prepared for. Looks like I BS'ed enough to let the multiple choice guide me home. Pass rates this year look a bit rough.

Getting sworn in this week. Looking forward to being miserable for the foreseeable future. Thank you to those who provided insight especially early on.
Congratulations! Such an intimidating experience! Welcome to the club!

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
Irishenvy's favorite son of the Flickertail State passed the Bar. Passing the Bar is not a ton of fun. After the 1st day (written essays) I was convinced I needed to do well on the multiple choice. Turns out I was right lol. Got hit with a perfect storm of essay questions on areas of law I was not prepared for. Looks like I BS'ed enough to let the multiple choice guide me home. Pass rates this year look a bit rough.

Getting sworn in this week. Looking forward to being miserable for the foreseeable future. Thank you to those who provided insight especially early on.
Just what we need, another lawyer.

Congrats! :clap:

P.S. Send me your personal email so I can get some free legal advice. :rockwoot:

Whiskeyjack

Mittens Margaritas Ante Porcos
Staff member
Reaction score

It's funny how the bar exam obliterates your memory of all similar tests that preceeded it. I had lunch with a law student recently who was complaining about the LSAT; I just blinked a couple times, tried to recall what it was like, but my brain came up with "Error: File Not Found."

NorthDakota

Grandson of Loomis
Reaction score
It's funny how the bar exam obliterates your memory of all similar tests that preceeded it. I had lunch with a law student recently who was complaining about the LSAT; I just blinked a couple times, tried to recall what it was like, but my brain came up with "Error: File Not Found."
Maybe you are just getting old! LSAT felt a lot like a typical standardized test to me that could be gamed. Especially the logic games and to a lesser extent the reasoning. The reading comprehension much less so.

Kinda curious what I would get if I took it again today 3.5 years later.

Speaking of which, I have a digital file with like 80 LSAT exams if anyone knows someone who is considering law school.