Gameday/Notre Dame for Visitors, and First Timers

ulukinatme

Carr for QB 2024!
Reaction score
If Legends was anywhere else, you wouldn’t go there. I’ve only been on game day and they were overwhelmed and serving some basic throw it out on the table food. For the cover, line, and hassle- do anything else. You’d be better off getting food from any of the pop up tents that the clubs have. ROTC tends to be north side by the Library and is my tent of choice.
Agree, Legends is nothing special. Skip it for something else, it's not worth the wait. If you want to eat on campus just get some brats or burgers from one of the student booths. You can keep touring campus that way without losing much time.

irishff1014

Reaction score
You can avoid Brother’s. It used to be a decent spot but I returned last year for a game and it’s gone majorly downhill. If you go to Rocco’s, be ready to wait, but for South Bend cuisine, it is worth it. Not sure what type of vibe you’re looking for, but would probably leave Corby’s by 10 or so.

October should be a blast for you. Make sure you wear your walking shoes. Go to the bookstore on Thursday. It’ll be a crowded store on Friday and Saturday. Make sure you take your Benjamin’s too. Lol so much stuff in there.

Barnaby’s was delicious. Have fun take it all in. It’s going to blow your mind.

forkbeard3777

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, irishff1014. I presumed the bookstore would be slammed on gameday. I'll try and check it out Thursday or early Friday. I'm preparing to snag a few Christmas presents (for myself). ;) Cheers.

irishog77

NOT SINBAD's NEPHEW
Reaction score
While I ripped on Barnaby’s as a potential location for MF to take an interviewing coach, I do highly recommend it for a visitor such as yourself. It’s a very midwestern, no frills place. And some of the pizza is pretty good.
As a fellow southerner, it’s a real treat. It almost feels like something from a bygone era.

irishff1014

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, irishff1014. I presumed the bookstore would be slammed on gameday. I'll try and check it out Thursday or early Friday. I'm preparing to snag a few Christmas presents (for myself). ;) Cheers.

You’ll have plenty to choose from that’s for sure.

INLaw

Hardcore chooch
Reaction score
While I ripped on Barnaby’s as a potential location for MF to take an interviewing coach, I do highly recommend it for a visitor such as yourself. It’s a very midwestern, no frills place. And some of the pizza is pretty good.
As a fellow southerner, it’s a real treat. It almost feels like something from a bygone era.
Always the Barnabys on Jefferson in South Bend. Never the one on Grape or Main in Mishawaka.

T-Boone

Reaction score
Was it a blow to south bend when the college football hall of fame was moved? That seems like a face slapping.

ulukinatme

Carr for QB 2024!
Reaction score

The bookstore is definitely slammed on gameday, but it's also not as bad as it used to be. At least it wasn't for me last season for the UNLV game. Part of that may have been it was a late October game so lots of season ticket holders had already been through once or twice, but I feel like they've opened up a lot more registers in the last few years too. I got in line and had my transaction complete in 3 minutes, which is a record for me on a Saturday. If you have the option to go Thursday or Friday that would be best.

arrowryan

Reaction score
**FIRST TRIP TO SOUTH BEND**

Good afternoon, all.

My father and I are coming up from SEC country and will be making our first ever trip to South Bend for the Pitt game - October 28th. Foremost, we have no real ties to the university; however, I've always had a great deal of respect and admiration for Notre Dame. In addition, we are not Catholic, we are "Catholic-lite" (i.e., Episcopalian). That said, Notre Dame has always maintained a special place in my heard, and I'd considered myself more than just a "casual fan". I cannot pinpoint the exact linchpin - whether if it's the gold dome, touchdown Jesus, the shiny, golden helmets, Rudy, the victory march and rakes of mallow, and so forth, but it's there.

That said, my two very young children are growing older (making weekend trips much more difficult) and, unfortunately, my father isn't getting any younger. Being that we are diehard college football fans, our respect and admiration for Notre Dame, and general father-son bonding, this trip is paramount and an absolute must.

So, that said, I've combed through various posts, articles, YouTube videos, and so forth on what to see and what to do. I've read through all eleven pages, and would still like to reach out to you for tips, suggestions, dos/don'ts, must-sees, okay to skip, and so forth.

We'll be arriving in South Bend Thursday evening (October 26th) and will be leaving Sunday (the 29th). I've been to most of the SEC stadiums, and given how excited we are, I splurged on the hotel. We're staying at the Fairfield Inn directly across from the stadium and the Irish green. Put simply, I didn't want to waste any time whatsoever dealing with Uber, Lyft, taxi, parking, etc. I'll spend a few extra hundred dollars a night to maximize on this experience. I also want to be on or very close to the campus and stadium and hopefully will be spending as much time there as possible.

That said, your help, tips, and suggestions "planning" our trip and advice is greatly appreciated. I'd like to treat this trip as "Notre Dame-centered" as much as possible. Said another way, I've been to plenty great restaurants, breweries, cocktail bars, and so forth across the U.S. I'm not looking to go to some place that, albeit maybe good or great, if it's out of the way and doesn't have any real Notre Dame connection or "Notre Dame feel" to it. We're coming to Notre Dame/South Bend to be entrenched in the whole experience, not to eat or drink at some random and/or generic place.

THURSDAY NIGHT

We've got about an eight hour drive that we'll be facing, and we'll most likely be getting in fairly late in the evening Thursday. Probably around 7:00PM. Google Maps shows a couple of spots by our hotel - O'Rourke's Public House, Brother's Bar and Grill, Legends on campus, Rohr's at the Morris Inn. We're also not opposed to venturing to the Linebacker Inn, Taphouse on the Edge, Danny Boy Draft Works, and such to eat, have a few drinks, and catch the college and/or NFL action that night.

Any recommendations? Is there anything going on Thursday nights that's focused around the game (example - coach's call in show?)

FRIDAY

Weather permitting, I'd really like to see and be on the campus most of the day. Take a jog around the school, visit the bookstore, etc. I believe events are released the week prior to the game (pep rally, etc.), but can you help me out a little more here. Is it possible to get into the stadium the Friday before to see it at field level? What about the pep rally? Is it possible to see the helmets being painted like in Rudy? I'm already planning on going to the midnight drum circle. Any suggestions on popular places to eat and drink Friday?

SATURDAY

- Before the Game

Much like Friday, weather permitting, I'd like to be outside (and preferably not holed-up in a dark bar) as much as possible taking it all in. Can you fill me in on absolute musts? Trumpets under the Dome? Concert on the steps? Is there a path where you can follow the band and the Irish guard march to the stadium? Can you tailgate on campus or is it just confined to certain restricted areas (i.e., parking lots)? Is it worth the time trying to venture into the parking lot tailgate areas? Look, I've tailgated at LSU, the Grove at Ole Miss, for an Iron Bowl, and with the Vol Navy...all were great, unique experiences. That said, I'm not looking to get soused in a parking lot and miss something really cool and unique. Any advice here?

In addition, what's the alcohol policy like on gameday? Open containers acceptable? Do they need to be in cups (Oxford, MS law)? Is it worth it to snag a a steak sandwich from the Knights of Columbus? How long does that approximately take?

- After the Game

After the Irish win, what's a good post-game celebratory ND spot/bar/restaurant to tip back a few too many pints, grab a bite, and catch some football? I presume everything will be crowed, but nothing that we aren't used to.

SOUTH BEND RESTUARANTS

Lastly, I've been compiling a list of South Bend restaurants and bars. Please feel free to chime in on them (i.e., good, bad, an absolute must, skip, too young, too old, etc.) Any and all tips and suggestions are much appreciated:
  • Corby's Irish Pub
  • Linebacker Lounge
  • Fiddler's Hearth
  • Rocco's Pizza
  • Barnaby's Pizza
  • Legends
  • O'Rourke's
  • Brother's Bar and Grill
  • Danny Boy Draft Works
  • Taphouse on the Edge
Anything I can omit? Any place I'm missing? Any old school ND spots that I must include?

CAMPUS

I plan on seeing essentially the entire campus, but do you have any favorite spots on gameday? I've seen pictures of Adirondack chairs and tables on the library lawn facing touchdown Jesus. Any places that you'd recommend focusing time and energy on?

Thank you all, and Go Irish!
It sounds like you've covered most of it through your research. I'll just add a few comments.

Linebacker is a must for someone who hasn't been to Notre Dame before. It's nothing crazy, but that bar is a staple to football weekends in South Bend. The celebrities that have been in there is kind of wild.

Corby's is another must. I don't know how much of a partier you are, but I wouldn't wait until 10/11pm to get there because that's when it starts to get shoulder to shoulder busy. Maybe stop in there after dinner for a couple drinks. Don't worry about the location; the location is fine. It isn't the best area in South Bend, but it is very far from the worst.

Rocco's has the best pizza in South Bend. Maybe go there for an early dinner (4:30/5?) to avoid the lines. It isn't a big restaurant; it has an old school, small Italian feel. You could hit Corby's with an 8 iron from Rocco's; this would be a good time to hit up both in one trip. Barnaby's has the second best pizza in South Bend. There are two locations. Make sure to get pizza from the Jefferson Blvd location, not the Grape Rd location. This is very important!

It's hard to describe the campus in words. It's beautiful in the Fall. Hit up all the spots: grotto, Touchdown Jesus, Golden Dome, bookstore etc.. Just soak it all in. The place is truly a top 5 location for a college football experience. Try to make some time for tailgating. I know it'll be difficult because you have a lot of other stuff to see and do, but it's worth it. I think the tailgating is great. Even though you won't know anyone, people will still hand you a beer and start a conversation.

forkbeard3777

Reaction score
It sounds like you've covered most of it through your research. I'll just add a few comments.

Linebacker is a must for someone who hasn't been to Notre Dame before. It's nothing crazy, but that bar is a staple to football weekends in South Bend. The celebrities that have been in there is kind of wild.

Corby's is another must. I don't know how much of a partier you are, but I wouldn't wait until 10/11pm to get there because that's when it starts to get shoulder to shoulder busy. Maybe stop in there after dinner for a couple drinks. Don't worry about the location; the location is fine. It isn't the best area in South Bend, but it is very far from the worst.

Rocco's has the best pizza in South Bend. Maybe go there for an early dinner (4:30/5?) to avoid the lines. It isn't a big restaurant; it has an old school, small Italian feel. You could hit Corby's with an 8 iron from Rocco's; this would be a good time to hit up both in one trip. Barnaby's has the second best pizza in South Bend. There are two locations. Make sure to get pizza from the Jefferson Blvd location, not the Grape Rd location. This is very important!

It's hard to describe the campus in words. It's beautiful in the Fall. Hit up all the spots: grotto, Touchdown Jesus, Golden Dome, bookstore etc.. Just soak it all in. The place is truly a top 5 location for a college football experience. Try to make some time for tailgating. I know it'll be difficult because you have a lot of other stuff to see and do, but it's worth it. I think the tailgating is great. Even though you won't know anyone, people will still hand you a beer and start a conversation.

Awesome post, arrowryan.

Linebacker and Corby's sounds like a must. O'Rourke's is looking good too, especially given its proximity to the hotel and campus. I also love a good Guinness and pub food.

Can someone fill me in on the alcohol policy on campus for gameday? Can you freely walk around campus with an open container? I'm not looking to get soused where I don't remember the game and all the events, but I was thinking of snagging a cheap soft, collapsible cooler and loading it up with beers and ice. I never like showing up to a tailgate, party, and such empty handed and mooching off generous hosts.

If you can freely walk around with an alcoholic beverage, are there any restrictions - i.e., does it need to be in a cup or concealed (Ole Miss/Oxford, MS is extremely strict about this, regardless of age)? Is it frowned upon at Notre Dame or is a more the merrier type atmosphere?

My father isn't too big of a drinker, so, again, it isn't like we're going to be blitzed, loud and obnoxious (except for game time).

arrowryan

Reaction score
Awesome post, arrowryan.

Linebacker and Corby's sounds like a must. O'Rourke's is looking good too, especially given its proximity to the hotel and campus. I also love a good Guinness and pub food.

Can someone fill me in on the alcohol policy on campus for gameday? Can you freely walk around campus with an open container? I'm not looking to get soused where I don't remember the game and all the events, but I was thinking of snagging a cheap soft, collapsible cooler and loading it up with beers and ice. I never like showing up to a tailgate, party, and such empty handed and mooching off generous hosts.

If you can freely walk around with an alcoholic beverage, are there any restrictions - i.e., does it need to be in a cup or concealed (Ole Miss/Oxford, MS is extremely strict about this, regardless of age)? Is it frowned upon at Notre Dame or is a more the merrier type atmosphere?

My father isn't too big of a drinker, so, again, it isn't like we're going to be blitzed, loud and obnoxious (except for game time).

They’re pretty lenient with the alcohol policy. I wouldn’t walk inside the bookstore, Basilica, etc with a beer in hand. But you absolutely can walk around outside with a beer in hand.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
**FIRST TRIP TO SOUTH BEND**

Good afternoon, all.

My father and I are coming up from SEC country and will be making our first ever trip to South Bend for the Pitt game - October 28th. Foremost, we have no real ties to the university; however, I've always had a great deal of respect and admiration for Notre Dame. In addition, we are not Catholic, we are "Catholic-lite" (i.e., Episcopalian). That said, Notre Dame has always maintained a special place in my heard, and I'd considered myself more than just a "casual fan". I cannot pinpoint the exact linchpin - whether if it's the gold dome, touchdown Jesus, the shiny, golden helmets, Rudy, the victory march and rakes of mallow, and so forth, but it's there.

That said, my two very young children are growing older (making weekend trips much more difficult) and, unfortunately, my father isn't getting any younger. Being that we are diehard college football fans, our respect and admiration for Notre Dame, and general father-son bonding, this trip is paramount and an absolute must.

So, that said, I've combed through various posts, articles, YouTube videos, and so forth on what to see and what to do. I've read through all eleven pages, and would still like to reach out to you for tips, suggestions, dos/don'ts, must-sees, okay to skip, and so forth.

We'll be arriving in South Bend Thursday evening (October 26th) and will be leaving Sunday (the 29th). I've been to most of the SEC stadiums, and given how excited we are, I splurged on the hotel. We're staying at the Fairfield Inn directly across from the stadium and the Irish green. Put simply, I didn't want to waste any time whatsoever dealing with Uber, Lyft, taxi, parking, etc. I'll spend a few extra hundred dollars a night to maximize on this experience. I also want to be on or very close to the campus and stadium and hopefully will be spending as much time there as possible.

That said, your help, tips, and suggestions "planning" our trip and advice is greatly appreciated. I'd like to treat this trip as "Notre Dame-centered" as much as possible. Said another way, I've been to plenty great restaurants, breweries, cocktail bars, and so forth across the U.S. I'm not looking to go to some place that, albeit maybe good or great, if it's out of the way and doesn't have any real Notre Dame connection or "Notre Dame feel" to it. We're coming to Notre Dame/South Bend to be entrenched in the whole experience, not to eat or drink at some random and/or generic place.

THURSDAY NIGHT

We've got about an eight hour drive that we'll be facing, and we'll most likely be getting in fairly late in the evening Thursday. Probably around 7:00PM. Google Maps shows a couple of spots by our hotel - O'Rourke's Public House, Brother's Bar and Grill, Legends on campus, Rohr's at the Morris Inn. We're also not opposed to venturing to the Linebacker Inn, Taphouse on the Edge, Danny Boy Draft Works, and such to eat, have a few drinks, and catch the college and/or NFL action that night.

Any recommendations? Is there anything going on Thursday nights that's focused around the game (example - coach's call in show?)

FRIDAY

Weather permitting, I'd really like to see and be on the campus most of the day. Take a jog around the school, visit the bookstore, etc. I believe events are released the week prior to the game (pep rally, etc.), but can you help me out a little more here. Is it possible to get into the stadium the Friday before to see it at field level? What about the pep rally? Is it possible to see the helmets being painted like in Rudy? I'm already planning on going to the midnight drum circle. Any suggestions on popular places to eat and drink Friday?

SATURDAY

- Before the Game

Much like Friday, weather permitting, I'd like to be outside (and preferably not holed-up in a dark bar) as much as possible taking it all in. Can you fill me in on absolute musts? Trumpets under the Dome? Concert on the steps? Is there a path where you can follow the band and the Irish guard march to the stadium? Can you tailgate on campus or is it just confined to certain restricted areas (i.e., parking lots)? Is it worth the time trying to venture into the parking lot tailgate areas? Look, I've tailgated at LSU, the Grove at Ole Miss, for an Iron Bowl, and with the Vol Navy...all were great, unique experiences. That said, I'm not looking to get soused in a parking lot and miss something really cool and unique. Any advice here?

In addition, what's the alcohol policy like on gameday? Open containers acceptable? Do they need to be in cups (Oxford, MS law)? Is it worth it to snag a a steak sandwich from the Knights of Columbus? How long does that approximately take?

- After the Game

After the Irish win, what's a good post-game celebratory ND spot/bar/restaurant to tip back a few too many pints, grab a bite, and catch some football? I presume everything will be crowed, but nothing that we aren't used to.

SOUTH BEND RESTUARANTS

Lastly, I've been compiling a list of South Bend restaurants and bars. Please feel free to chime in on them (i.e., good, bad, an absolute must, skip, too young, too old, etc.) Any and all tips and suggestions are much appreciated:
  • Corby's Irish Pub
  • Linebacker Lounge
  • Fiddler's Hearth
  • Rocco's Pizza
  • Barnaby's Pizza
  • Legends
  • O'Rourke's
  • Brother's Bar and Grill
  • Danny Boy Draft Works
  • Taphouse on the Edge
Anything I can omit? Any place I'm missing? Any old school ND spots that I must include?

CAMPUS

I plan on seeing essentially the entire campus, but do you have any favorite spots on gameday? I've seen pictures of Adirondack chairs and tables on the library lawn facing touchdown Jesus. Any places that you'd recommend focusing time and energy on?

Thank you all, and Go Irish!
ND is the Mecca of CFB and a definite bucket list experience. Enjoy my friend. BTW....I would suggest visiting the grotto at night.

One other thing. I would get to your seats in time to take in the band before the game. Worth it for first timers.

Last edited:

Some Irish Bloke

Five foot nothin', a hundred and nothin'
Reaction score
They’re pretty lenient with the alcohol policy. I wouldn’t walk inside the bookstore, Basilica, etc with a beer in hand. But you absolutely can walk around outside with a beer in hand.
Yep, like arrow said plenty of people will be strolling with alcohol, just keep it all outdoors and no one will bat an eye. Very much a "don't stick out in a crowd" situation and you'll be perfectly fine. I've enjoyed quite a few wobble pops on campus.

O'Rourke's is looking good too, especially given its proximity to the hotel and campus. I also love a good Guinness and pub food.
I've been here a few times, great bar atmosphere with plenty of TVs to catch a game; I had their chicken sandwich and it was terrible, but I've heard good things about their burgers, fyi.

NumbersGuy0520

Reaction score
My favorite tradition was always trumpets under the dome.

Recently it’s been Trumpets ‘In Front’ of the Dome. As I understand it, the change was necessitated by COVID, for obvious and understandable reasons.

However, last year, it remained in front of the dome, and I think I read somewhere that administration now believes the old stairs inside the admin building are a liability, hence why it remained in front of the building.

Anyone here have an inside scoop for next year/for future years? I’d hate it if my favorite tradition was officially done. Thanks in advance!

ulukinatme

Carr for QB 2024!
Reaction score
My favorite tradition was always trumpets under the dome.

Recently it’s been Trumpets ‘In Front’ of the Dome. As I understand it, the change was necessitated by COVID, for obvious and understandable reasons.

However, last year, it remained in front of the dome, and I think I read somewhere that administration now believes the old stairs inside the admin building are a liability, hence why it remained in front of the building.

Anyone here have an inside scoop for next year/for future years? I’d hate it if my favorite tradition was officially done. Thanks in advance!
Is this true? I honestly haven't gotten a chance to do it since 2018 I guess. 2019 I only got to the Louisville away game. 2020 was COVID. 2021 I arrived late for Cincinnati, and 2022 I thought I just missed them coming out of the Dome at the UNLV game (Our group took too long getting food from the student grills). I did see the Trombones in Front of the Dome.

calvegas04

Reaction score

Admin was going to fix the stairs until they found out the price. Instead they will be using an existing set of stairs in the back of the building.

arrowryan

Reaction score
When comparing food, I think Brothers is better than O'Rourke's. Brothers gets really busy Friday night, but it shouldn't be hard to get lunch on Friday or dinner at a normal time.

ulukinatme

Carr for QB 2024!
Reaction score
Admin was going to fix the stairs until they found out the price. Instead they will be using an existing set of stairs in the back of the building.
That would be par for the course, right up there with covering the Christopher Columbus art on the walls inside.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
That would be par for the course, right up there with covering the Christopher Columbus art on the walls inside.
So it's not just the football program when it comes to being cheap. lol

Some Irish Bloke

Reaction score
When comparing food, I think Brothers is better than O'Rourke's. Brothers gets really busy Friday night, but it shouldn't be hard to get lunch on Friday or dinner at a normal time.
I stayed at the Morris Inn this month for a combo Bball/Hockey game on campus, and we ate at Rohr's on Friday night. The food was excellent, but a little pricy.

Not sure if you need a reservation at Morris to eat there, though? Don't think that's the case but I'm not positive.

forkbeard3777

Reaction score
I highly doubt that'll be the case - i.e., reservations at the Morris Inn to eat at Rohr's.

Rohr's maybe a good spot to grab a bite to eat and a couple of beers around lunchtime on Friday. Or, maybe Legend's would be a better spot on Friday for lunch given that previous posts provide that Saturday is slammed. Something convenient to the campus and easy ..a BLT, burger, chicken club, etc. will certainly suffice.

Roccos, Barnaby's, Brother's, and/or O'Rourke's sounds like it'll be better suited for Friday and Saturday night.

forkbeard3777

Reaction score
Agree, Legends is nothing special. Skip it for something else, it's not worth the wait. If you want to eat on campus just get some brats or burgers from one of the student booths. You can keep touring campus that way without losing much time.

In your opinion, are any of the student booths better than others? I know the Knights of Columbus sling out the steak sandwiches. Brats and burgers are tough to screw up...

Some Irish Bloke

Reaction score
In your opinion, are any of the student booths better than others? I know the Knights of Columbus sling out the steak sandwiches. Brats and burgers are tough to screw up...
In my experience it's all pretty much similar, good grab and go food. There are also usually some food trucks around the stadium with chicken sandwiches and the like. Can't go wrong, I like that suggestion to just grab something and keep marching.

You're correct that Legends would be packed on Saturday. If you find the right tailgate (again, most Irish fans are friendly and will welcome you guys) they'll offer their food, too. My family and I always pass out our extra food if we have a few brats and burgers left over. It's not uncommon elsewhere.

ulukinatme

Carr for QB 2024!
Reaction score
Not really, they're all about the same in my experience. You may want to find one run by one of the female dorms, they sometimes have fathers helping cook out and they're less likely to overcook the food or screw something up compared to the younger guys lol.

Like @Some Irish Bloke mentioned there's also some food trucks around the stadium or by the Joyce Center too, either works if you want to grab and go so you don't get slowed down.

forkbeard3777

Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks for the intel. Good point on the female dorms and their fathers "manning the grill." I presume we'll be going for something quick and easy - burgers, brats, etc, and that'll certainly suffice.

This certainly may seem like a dumb question (and we've got a little ways to go), but any great seats/sections of the stadium to sit into? I really, really want to be able to see and hear Notre Dame's band clearly. Can you see Touchdown Jesus and/or the Golden dome from any of the seats? If they are nosebleeds, I'm not too sure that would be worth it.

Some Irish Bloke

Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks for the intel. Good point on the female dorms and their fathers "manning the grill." I presume we'll be going for something quick and easy - burgers, brats, etc, and that'll certainly suffice.

This certainly may seem like a dumb question (and we've got a little ways to go), but any great seats/sections of the stadium to sit into? I really, really want to be able to see and hear Notre Dame's band clearly. Can you see Touchdown Jesus and/or the Golden dome from any of the seats? If they are nosebleeds, I'm not too sure that would be worth it.
To be clear, there isn't a bad seat in the house. But in order to see the Golden Dome, the Basilica and Touchdown Jesus, you're going to want to sit in the upper bowl. I've sat in just about every section/corner of that stadium, high and low, and you won't have a bad seat, but of course some are better than others. If you want to enjoy the band and see the sights the best, I'd suggest the following sections in green:

1678471635826.png

The red sections are the seats assigned for visitors, so you might not be able to hear the band as well over there, depending on the opponent. Sometimes we allow other bands to travel and if they do, they'll be seated in that section and you won't be able to hear a dang thing on that entire side of the field, as bands tend to drown each other out.

I sat in section 107 or 108 for the Cal game this past September and you get a great view of the big three buildings (TD Jesus, Basilica, GOlden Dome) and you're next to the band.

Basically anything lower bowl you're not seeing the sights, from within the stadium, fwiw.

If you sit on the ND sideline, you can see TD Jesus but you won't be able to see the Golden Dome or the Basilica.

forkbeard3777

Reaction score
You're the man!

ETA: I'm using this interactive 3D seating chart of the stadium that I just found: LINK - you're right, the upper levels of 107, 108, etc. provide a great view of Touchdown Jesus, the Basilica, and the Golden Dome.

Last edited:

rtrn2glory

Reaction score
I'm going to be in town and staying across the street from campus next weekend. Planning on hitting the Linebacker for evening beers, but any suggestions on good places to eat relatively nearby?

irishff1014

Reaction score
I'm going to be in town and staying across the street from campus next weekend. Planning on hitting the Linebacker for evening beers, but any suggestions on good places to eat relatively nearby?

I am not sure how much you like pizza but Barnaby’s in town was so damn good. Have fun

Some Irish Bloke

Reaction score
I cannot stress enough how overrated and divey the Linebacker is. I think you'd have better options to enjoy a libation, especially given that it's not a football weekend, just my $0.02.

It sounds like you're staying either near Eddy St or Ivy Court, either way O'Rourke's is a better sports bar. If you're heading downtown and want a local bar experience, Corby's > Linebacker. I'm sure others disagree, again this is just my own opinion haha.