Degenerate Gambling Thread

IRISHDODGER

Blue Chip Recruit
Messages
8,327
Reaction score
6,418
Won a 6-game parlay betting ML on six ND opponents to lose. It was a small bet to the point I wanted all those teams to win to help NDs SoS but if they can’t cant win, I may as well.
 

IrishLax

Something Witty
Staff member
Messages
38,068
Reaction score
30,697
Feel like ND -27.5 is basically free money against Purdue. Their defense is so bad, and their offense isn't good enough to get to 20+
 

Dale

Well-known member
Messages
18,989
Reaction score
33,287
According to SP+, MSU should be a 10 pt dog vs Nebraska, not the 5.5. One of the wider discrepancies. Market crediting Sparty?

The other? Has PSU by 16.5 over Wisconsin. Not the 10.


Hmmm
 

MeanGreenBeans

Well-known member
Messages
1,171
Reaction score
1,071
According to SP+, MSU should be a 10 pt dog vs Nebraska, not the 5.5. One of the wider discrepancies. Market crediting Sparty?

The other? Has PSU by 16.5 over Wisconsin. Not the 10.


Hmmm
You could also bet neither game and just forget they ever happened. Everyone else will. Good luck though. Woof.

sddefault.jpg
 
Last edited:

RDU Irish

Catholics vs. Cousins
Messages
8,923
Reaction score
3,018
I was raked over the coals today with my bets. Yikes

Yikes of a weekend that only saving grace was my high conviction over 66.5 for the SMU game and Dale's call on Castelanos that felt like a terrible call after that first pass of his. +40000 parlay for Love/Price to both get 2TDs and 100 rush/rec yards obviously did not happen but bet protect gave me my $5 back.

Looking forward to the game tonight. Donald back offset by Garrett out. Very curious to see how Donald looks after sabbatical even in limited action. Think I will put bets in assuming no Puka - lines surely move once he is officially out. Kyren and Fields TD parlay is the obvious homer pick currently +750 on DK. Added Fields +25 yards to add 30% boost for +1235.

Likely +285 TD scorer seems a bit high for him. Probably pair that with 40+ yards rec to get +385.
 

arrowryan

Well-known member
Messages
15,512
Reaction score
10,637
Gilbert’s receiving total on DK was 27. I took it right before the game started. Hit it on the first play of the game lol.
 

Dale

Well-known member
Messages
18,989
Reaction score
33,287
Koby Howard out for PSU. Wisconsin +10 looking even better. Wouldn’t blame anyone for doing just 1H though cause Fickell

Has more yards than WR/TE 2 - 5 combined

1H PSU U14.5 just ran away out of range odds wise
 

Dale

Well-known member
Messages
18,989
Reaction score
33,287
I locked in Oregon +1.5...

Should have bet more.

Good grab. I am opposite, bet Oregon -5.5 before WK 0. Adding some alt Oregon even still.

Hedging some with Zacheryus Williams and Bowman props based off injury report
 

IHateMarkMay

IHateDavidPollackToo
Messages
3,904
Reaction score
1,022
I got a $55 bonus bet from DraftKings to use between now and Sunday. Seeing as most of my bets are $1, I'm definitely overthinking everything for a 2-3 play parlay to get the full amount. I want to take Notre Dame to score over 41.5, win by 21.5, and a low passing yard, but go back and forth with betting on your favorite team bias lol
 

RDU Irish

Catholics vs. Cousins
Messages
8,923
Reaction score
3,018


I have a full card and only one overlap with Clay 🙌


Why bother with the over for ND just take -27.5 spread. Purdue isn't contributing to that shit.

Are we seeing a different Falcons offense tonight with the return of Penix? Bit of a turd TNF game. Atlanta offense has been dookie.
 

notredomer23

Staph Member
Messages
18,299
Reaction score
19,038
Live bet the Falcons last night -3.5 +250 like a sicko when it was 10-7. Could tell that offense looked different with Penix in despite the early struggle. Cashed out at half for what would have been a +110ish win. Then got wise and tried to bet Packers +4.5 with the proceeds. What an idiot!
 

Dale

Well-known member
Messages
18,989
Reaction score
33,287
Oregon -5.5 (GOTY), -9.5 (Alt), -13.5 (Alt)

- Legacy game for both coaches. Probably irresponsible bets but while Oregon has struggled I trust them to “flip a switch” more than I trust a LR/Gary Patterson defense to flip a switch. Mosley and Simms being down are legitimate blows. Finney will have Dixon-Wyatt in hell IMO. USC DL has not lived up to hype plus injuries at LB and Nickel potentially. I have hedged with alt line props on Mark Bowman and Zacheryus Williams, USC will need them to step up to win.

Illinois/OSU Over 52.5

- Illinois defense stinks. They like to pass a lot. Chance it’s 42+ from OSU

Texas A&M TT U21.5

- Main worry is Leavitt fucks it with a TO

Tennessee/Texas I have no idea tbh. I don’t like Arch. But Brandon likely struggles here. I parlayed with a boost Tennessee ML and Bishop 2+ TDs to have something

Oregon St TT O33.5

- Riding this till it stops

Georgia Tech/Stanford O46.5

- I hate both defenses. Both offenses aren’t pretty either but Mendoza and Warren are fine enough to score a few TDs each

Eying for ML RR:

Iowa St, Missouri, Wisconsin, Ole Miss, Wake, Michigan, UC, App State
 

RDU Irish

Catholics vs. Cousins
Messages
8,923
Reaction score
3,018
Bijan paid me nicely - 6 receiving yards away from a sweep. Took the 2TD for Bijan at halftime to parlay early wins. DK early payout promo if your team goes up 7 wasn't needed for my Falcons ML. Figured the dog can always get lucky with that promo and score first.

Patrick Mahomes as Comeback POY feels like cheating that award. Put a protected $25 on Donald now at +1400 but Mahomes is -260 and running away with it. Love/Price should dominate OROY race as they get more burn. Haven't put up much for stats yet but its just a matter of time. +300 Love, +600 Price - splitting money between those two before one pops off feels smart.

Iowa ML may be hate fueled pick but I don't care - probably put Iowa +7.5 (-167) as parlay staple
UGA -13.5 seems way too low what am I missing?
Utah -7.5 @ Iowa State - ISU has to be pretending right? Dangerous at home and losing by 3 to Iowa give me pause tho.
Oregon @ USC - take the over and a ton of player props
Mizzou - I know nothing about them or MissSt but I refuse to think either should be 2:1 favorite over the other.
SMU -34.5

In order of conviction:
Duck/Dicks over 61.5, IA +7.5, Utah ML, LSU ML, Mizzou +7.5 five way for +750. Add UGA -13.5- six way parlay +1500 add SMU -34.5 for +3000.
 
Top