Chicago White Sox... The thread.

Southside Sully

Reaction score
Lot of opt outs happening. Cueto is worth a nominal contract as depth either way. Same with Andrus. Guys who have won or have excelled at their positions are good to have in the clubhouse, especially if 79 is gone. They need some vets who have been to the dance on the squad.

MacIrish75

BIG Mayonnaise Guy
Reaction score
Lot of opt outs happening. Cueto is worth a nominal contract as depth either way. Same with Andrus. Guys who have won or have excelled at their positions are good to have in the clubhouse, especially if 79 is gone. They need some vets who have been to the dance on the squad.
Need someone to play second base, preferably on the cheap. If not Elvis, probably looking at a Romy/Lenyn Sosa situation. Surely one of them or the aggregate can get us at least what Josh Harrison did.

I’m more worried about corner OF spots and starting pitching.

Jiggafini19Deux

Clam Bakes and Shitty Takes
Reaction score
They've been shit in RF and at 2B for too long. I don't want cheap and I don't want some garbage platoon. Get someone good.

Build the pitching staff from the back end to the first starter. That's how championships are won. Houston and Philly had awesome bullpens.

chisea03

Reaction score
They've been shit in RF and at 2B for too long. I don't want cheap and I don't want some garbage platoon. Get someone good.

Build the pitching staff from the back end to the first starter. That's how championships are won. Houston and Philly had awesome bullpens.
Hopefully the building off the pitching staff if not resulting trading Liam which I read might happen

chisea03

Reaction score
Correa just opted out of his contract with the Twins and a lot of fingers are pointing to the Cubbies. I'd love to see the Sox sign him.

I read that there's still a chance that Abreu comes back, they just want to settle the coaching situation first then evaluate.

Southside Sully

Reaction score
Correa just opted out of his contract with the Twins and a lot of fingers are pointing to the Cubbies. I'd love to see the Sox sign him.

I read that there's still a chance that Abreu comes back, they just want to settle the coaching situation first then evaluate.
to be 3B?

chisea03

Reaction score
Apparently, The White Sox has decided to reorganize their strength and conditioning department. Logan Jones appears to be joining the staff from the Diamondbacks.

chisea03

Reaction score
Shawna Patrick:

I hear a lot of rumors that players and coaches don’t want to come to the @whitesox because of poor culture. Sox were last to hire a manager, of course they haven’t completed their coaching staff. Pollock walking away was pretty telling. New players are shocked how archaic it is.

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
Same things were being said about the Bulls before Jerry let his son Michael take over. Should come as zero surprise.

Grifol and Montoyo carry some weight among MLB player circles, but it only goes so far.

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
They need a RF and 2B, and whatever amount of money they have to spend this winter, they've started by getting a starting pitcher.

I've seen this movie play out too many times. Getting rid of LaRussa was one piece of the problem puzzle.

luckofirish8

Reaction score
Not sure how to feel about Mike Clevinger...but he's signed

A bit surprised they didn't sign a lefty given that this likely means a base 5 man right-handed rotation. Not the end of the world, but you usually want to break it up a bit. Injuries are inevitable in baseball, so these things work themselves out.

MacIrish75

BIG Mayonnaise Guy
Reaction score
A bit surprised they didn't sign a lefty given that this likely means a base 5 man right-handed rotation. Not the end of the world, but you usually want to break it up a bit. Injuries are inevitable in baseball, so these things work themselves out.
I think this means they’re going to trade Giolito and sign someone like Sean Manaea. He’s been linked to the Sox for years now.

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
There is no way Jerry is bringing on Fernando Tatis with the guaranteed money he is due from San Diego. If you believe this, you're taking drugs that are way too powerful and need to get help as fast as you possibly can. If it does happen, get to your nearest church or whorehouse because the world is coming to an end as we know it.

I think the dude is a clown anyway and for the money he's owed, a very expensive clown. They had him in hand and traded him for a James Shields that everyone knew was bad and going to be worse...except for Kenny.

Jerry, Kenny and Rick remain. It's an issue.

chisea03

Reaction score
There is no way Jerry is bringing on Fernando Tatis with the guaranteed money he is due from San Diego. If you believe this, you're taking drugs that are way too powerful and need to get help as fast as you possibly can. If it does happen, get to your nearest church or whorehouse because the world is coming to an end as we know it.

I think the dude is a clown anyway and for the money he's owed, a very expensive clown. They had him in hand and traded him for a James Shields that everyone knew was bad and going to be worse...except for Kenny.

Jerry, Kenny and Rick remain. It's an issue.
Apparently, the Padres see him as problematic with injury and defensive plights. I know how this organization likes to attempt to make amends for their previous bad decisions (LaRussa). I’m still hoping for someone to bring up Oscar Colas *cough*…

I also think that Carlos will resign with the twins on a side note

MacIrish75

BIG Mayonnaise Guy
Reaction score
Colas probably breaks camp as starting RF.
I am all for this, especially if we’re able to sign Kepler or Benintendi on the other side. DH Eloy. Play Vaughn at 1st. Sheets can be a rotational OF/DH/1B guy if you don’t trade him.

Edit: We’d have to trade for Kepler. Don’t see that happening in division.

Last edited:

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
Apparently, the Padres see him as problematic with injury and defensive plights. I know how this organization likes to attempt to make amends for their previous bad decisions (LaRussa). I’m still hoping for someone to bring up Oscar Colas *cough*…

I also think that Carlos will resign with the twins on a side note
Wow, my heart pumps piss for the Padres.

You know what's also problematic? The $340 million contract they gave him.