All Things SCOTUS

GATTACA!

It's about to get gross
Messages
15,808
Reaction score
13,740
I agree with all of you on contraception. It's too bad the Catholic Church believes it to be evil. Would probably be more ubiquitous otherwise.

I'm mostly agnostic on abortion, but there are circumstances that it's barbaric to not allow. If a woman is raped, the baby poses a significant risk to her life, or if the baby is non viable. Imagine being raped by a family member and then being told you have to have their kid.
 

Bishop2b5

SEC Exchange Student
Messages
9,305
Reaction score
6,553
I agree with all of you on contraception. It's too bad the Catholic Church believes it to be evil. Would probably be more ubiquitous otherwise.

I'm mostly agnostic on abortion, but there are circumstances that it's barbaric to not allow. If a woman is raped, the baby poses a significant risk to her life, or if the baby is non viable. Imagine being raped by a family member and then being told you have to have their kid.
I have no problem with a medically necessary abortion to save the mother's life or if the baby is non viable. My only problem with post rape abortions is the potential for false claims. I'll admit that Whiskey has made some good arguments against this. Abortion as a form of birth control is what bothers most of us. It's just a callous disregard for an innocent human life because it's inconvenient. Not much different than infanticide.
 

Blazers46

Adjectives: wise/brilliant/handsome.
Messages
8,565
Reaction score
5,914
An abortion costs hundreds of dollars to even in the four figures in extreme cases ,… birth control costs anywhere from completely free in many cases to at most like ~50 bucks a month… this isn’t about health care or helping women… it’s about control and breaking the masses like most things the powers that be on left get their sheep to parrot. It’s just much more evil,… There, I said it.
My wallet, my choice
 

GoIrish41

Paterfamilius
Messages
9,986
Reaction score
2,184
Apples and Oranges. There is an argument that can be had that being gay is a choice and if that should be consitutionally protected... being black is obviously not a choice. Lumping "coloreds" and gay people together is pretty sad.
You are right. It’s just a dumb argument!
 

ulukinatme

Carr for QB 2026!
Messages
32,439
Reaction score
19,072
Hope for those looking to kill babies


After viewing said brilliance I have decided I’m on the wrong side here,…
They were starting to win me over until they advertised 7 dances and only 5 were given. Can't trip at the goal line like that!
 

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Staff member
Messages
45,963
Reaction score
22,063
Speaking of which, a great read if you ever get the chance:

41h2dGcK1oL._SX328_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Ordered it yesterday. Thanks for the recommendation.
 

Jiggafini19Deux

Minister of Delayed Gratification
Messages
14,623
Reaction score
15,813
Imagine being raped by a family member and then being told you have to have their kid.
Then you get accused of making a false claim.

I just get a really bad deckchairs on the Titanic feel about all of this. With more to come.
 

NorthDakota

Grandson of Loomis
Messages
16,162
Reaction score
6,380
Then you get accused of making a false claim.

I just get a really bad deckchairs on the Titanic feel about all of this. With more to come.
Oddly enough, my mom's co-worker was abused as a teen and had two children with her dad or step-dad. Not sure what the specifics were.
 

ab2cmiller

Troublemaker in training
Messages
11,720
Reaction score
9,059
From what I've read the Dem's did get a little bump after the Roe rollback, but that has leveled off I guess.

Varad does need a little lesson on reading comprehension. That little colon has a little significance. LOL Not surprising that Biden (as horrible as he has been) would still potentially beat Trump.

One glimmer of good news for Mr. Biden is that the survey showed him with a narrow edge in a hypothetical rematch in 2024 with former President Donald J. Trump: 44 percent to 41 percent.
 

GATTACA!

It's about to get gross
Messages
15,808
Reaction score
13,740

In a study published this month in the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, doctors at two Texas hospitals cited the cases of 28 women less than 23 weeks pregnant who were treated for dangerous pregnancies. The doctors noted that all of the women had recommended abortions delayed by nine days because fetal heart activity was detected. Of those, nearly 60% developed severe complications — nearly double the number of complications experienced by patients in other states who had immediate therapeutic abortions. Of eight live births among the Texas cases, seven died within hours. The eighth, born at 24 weeks, had severe complications including brain bleeding, a heart defect, lung disease and intestinal and liver problems.

Who could have predicted this?
 

ab2cmiller

Troublemaker in training
Messages
11,720
Reaction score
9,059
Texas needs to fix this. Having any citizen be able to sue a provider is terribly problematic. I don't doubt one bit, as the woman mentioned, that there are doctors that fully recognize that a procedure needs to be done, but are unwilling to do it because they are afraid of being sued. sued. This woman didn't deserve to suffer like that.

I believe that abortion is murder, but this is kind of insane. This baby was already dead.
 

goldandblue

Well-known member
Messages
3,726
Reaction score
421
Did she not say in the interview that a second ultrasound would have to be completed before the doctor would perform the procedure? My wife and I have been through this before. She probably had the initial ultrasound somewhere other than her obgyn. Which would be common if the obgyn wanted their own ultrasound. Also that would probably show if any remaining tissues were still present as D&C’s are often not ordered until 10 or 12 weeks of pregnancy. 13 in our case.
 

ab2cmiller

Troublemaker in training
Messages
11,720
Reaction score
9,059
Did she not say in the interview that a second ultrasound would have to be completed before the doctor would perform the procedure? My wife and I have been through this before. She probably had the initial ultrasound somewhere other than her obgyn. Which would be common if the obgyn wanted their own ultrasound. Also that would probably show if any remaining tissues were still present as D&C’s are often not ordered until 10 or 12 weeks of pregnancy. 13 in our case.
She said she had the second ultrasound as directed by the doctor, but the doctor still wouldn't perform the procedure.
 

goldandblue

Well-known member
Messages
3,726
Reaction score
421
I’d be curious to hear the drs side of the story before I deem Texas a shithole and that something was done terribly wrong. Perhaps the doctor felt like the body’s natural processes would take care of the issue since the miscarriage happened so early in the pregnancy?
 

ab2cmiller

Troublemaker in training
Messages
11,720
Reaction score
9,059
I’d be curious to hear the drs side of the story before I deem Texas a shithole and that something was done terribly wrong. Perhaps the doctor felt like the body’s natural processes would take care of the issue since the miscarriage happened so early in the pregnancy?
You are probably right. There's probably more to this story. From what I can tell a D & C isn't usually necessary prior to 10 weeks. Prior to that women can usually safely miscarry "naturally" without any problems. She was just short of the 10 weeks. The doctor likely thought the D & C was unnecessary so she found another doctor who would perform the procedure.
 

Bishop2b5

SEC Exchange Student
Messages
9,305
Reaction score
6,553
There's a HUGE amount of disinformation, faux hysteria, and scare tactics being used by abortion advocates. There may well be some states that need to tweak their laws regarding genuine medical issues and rapes, but it's hard to sift through some of the exaggerations and sometimes outright lies about specific cases. I don't know of any right to life advocate who is opposed to necessary medical treatment for a miscarriage.
 

Jiggafini19Deux

Minister of Delayed Gratification
Messages
14,623
Reaction score
15,813
Go right to the source if you want to see what's real and what isn't, folks. You can see the laws that are being passed by state legislatures week in and week out. It's completely nuts.


Idaho Republicans are going all the way now too.
 
Top