'23 MO RB Jeremiyah Love (Notre Dame Signee)

dublinirish

Everestt Gholstonson
Reaction score
Probably an unpopular take, but I just don’t see what everyone is excited about with Love. IMO he runs too upright and has little wiggle. I hope I’m wrong. Reminds me of Eric Dickerson but, I don’t know if that style translates to todays game? What say you guys?

Adrian Peterson did fine running upright

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crazy Balki

Site Assigned Optimist
Reaction score
That is a good comp. But AP was a freak. I think he had a lot more in his tool box. I hope someone pulls this thread up 2 years from now and makes fun of me.
I'd say he's more like Deebo Samuel than Peterson.

His style of running is very similar to that of Josh Adams, but the main difference is that Love has that initial burst that Adams lacked. Adams was great if he could get into the open field, but if he had to make a move in the backfield to get it to work, he was usually cooked.

Love isn't like that. Love is deadly in the open field like Adams, but he has that crazy burst and good balance where you're not as likely to get him down in the backfield as easily. Being an upright runner generally is fine if you have the balance to stay upright, which Love shows off a lot in his film.

There's also the ability to stretch him out wide and be a deadly receiving option, which is where the Samuel comparison lies.

All in all, Love has A LOT of tools in his arsenal.

NorthDakota

Grandson of Loomis
Reaction score

His style of running is very similar to that of Josh Adams, but the main difference is that Love has that initial burst that Adams lacked. Adams was great if he could get into the open field, but if he had to make a move in the backfield to get it to work, he was usually cooked.

Love isn't like that. Love is deadly in the open field like Adams, but he has that crazy burst and good balance where you're not as likely to get him down in the backfield as easily. Being an upright runner generally is fine if you have the balance to stay upright, which Love shows off a lot in his film.

There's also the ability to stretch him out wide and be a deadly receiving option, which is where the Samuel comparison lies.

Damnit you beat me to the Josh Adams comp.

We'll see what the kid does. I'm looking forward to watching.

IAIrish

The Dude Abides
Reaction score
Probably an unpopular take, but I just don’t see what everyone is excited about with Love. IMO he runs too upright and has little wiggle. I hope I’m wrong. Reminds me of Eric Dickerson but, I don’t know if that style translates to todays game? What say you guys?
I felt the same way about his junior year. Fast guy who bounced it outside constantly.
Take another peak at his late senior/ playoff film. He evolved big time, senior year. Running hard inside, down & dirty, while continuing to hit big plays on ther outside track.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
11729654.jpeg

Domina Nostra

Reaction score
You

Not sure if I was misreading you, but Adam’s was actually a very instinctual runner and really good at getting short yards. He was not really caught in the backfield a lot.

But I do agree that he did run upright and did take a lot of big hits and get knocked off of otherwise big runs as a result.

Hopefully, Love is like an Eric Dickerson! But he looks so much like Cierre Wood on his profile, that’s what I end up seeing.

Crazy Balki

Site Assigned Optimist
Reaction score
You

Not sure if I was misreading you, but Adam’s was actually a very instinctual runner and really good at getting short yards. He was not really caught in the backfield a lot.

But I do agree that he did run upright and did take a lot of big hits and get knocked off of otherwise big runs as a result.

Hopefully, Love is like an Eric Dickerson! But he looks so much like Cierre Wood on his profile, that’s what I end up seeing.
The issue wasn't Adams' vision.

The issue was that Adams took too long to get going. When he got to top speed, he was near uncatchable, but his initial explosiveness wasn't good enough, and he was fairly stiff.

He was very much the anti-Kyren. Kyren lacked the long speed, but he had the wiggle and initial burst out of the backfield to make something out of nothing.

The only reason Adams didn't get caught in the backfield a lot was because he played behind a Joe Moore winning line. Watch the Georgia game and you'll see first-hand Adams' shortcomings. It was a game where utilizing Dexter more would've likely been the preferable option, since he had the ability to explode out of the backfield and make more out of nothing.

BleedBlueGold

Reaction score
This is a cool snapshot I found of Justin Gatlin's 9.85 100m. The last place finisher in this heat ran a 10.1 and you can see how far behind that left him. 10.5 is absolutely flying for 100m race (especially for a high schooler), but that's not even on the screen compared to these dudes. Unreal perspective of Olympic sprinter speed. Bell and Love on the ND roster has me pumped.

Capture.JPG

Veritate Duce Progredi

A man gotta have a code
Reaction score
I'm anxious for Love to get here this summer because I'm hopeful we have a more polished Prosise. They have similar running styles, make me lament only having Prosise for 1 year as RB. What he could've done in college with a 2nd year would've been incredible. Hopefully Love can earn some burn this year.

Rockin’Irish

Hearing Impaired
Reaction score

Not so subtle timing by him bumping a tweet from December. He's a dynamic athlete I really don't remember ND having during the Kelly era. I have high hopes that even not as an EE, he will get plenty of burn situationally.

Really look forward to him catching passes out of the backfield as well as possible screens/jet sweeps.

Veritate Duce Progredi

A man gotta have a code
Reaction score
He better get his ass in front of Deland and learn pass pro because he's got everything else down, ha ha.

He also better make good friends with Hartman and get reps because he's an absolute weapon in the passing game.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not a 5 star, not closing the gap. No experience. We need better talent to compete
You know, this brings up a good question for our resident gaps closers here at IE. Does the 95th ranked prospect in his respective class count as a "gap closer". Because going into this moment I was very excited about Love getting to campus, but I suppose I should wait for that clarification before I get my hopes up.

StPaul_Irish

Resident Smart Ass
Reaction score
You know, this brings up a good question for our resident gaps closers here at IE. Does the 95th ranked prospect in his respective class count as a "gap closer". Because going into this moment I was very excited about Love getting to campus, but I suppose I should wait for that clarification before I get my hopes up.

Top 10 only

IrishLion

I am Beyonce, always.
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm anxious for Love to get here this summer because I'm hopeful we have a more polished Prosise. They have similar running styles, make me lament only having Prosise for 1 year as RB. What he could've done in college with a 2nd year would've been incredible. Hopefully Love can earn some burn this year.

I will die on the hill that Prosise could have been an elite slot receiver OR an elite running back, had the coaching staff not treated him like Great Value Theo Riddick. They essentially used him to backfill the WR position, then did the same when RB got too thin.

There were those that doubted how good his hands were at WR based on practice reports, but the opportunities they actually gave him to run routes in games always seemed to work out well.

If they would have actually focused on featuring him at WR, or started him at RB from the beginning, we would've been discussing one of the better skill players in a long time.

As it was, we have a magical 2015 to look back on fondly, at least. Dude was so dang fun to watch. Similar to Josh Adams, kind of, as well, in how he'd hit the hole and then open it up.