General team info

Huntr

24 Karat Shamrock
Messages
8,412
Reaction score
11,850
latest playcalling chart


HTo2zYoWYAELxv4
 

Dale

Well-known member
Messages
19,332
Reaction score
33,904
People have LSU and Tennessee in Top 10s. Unfathomable.

Based off a decent sample size of results at this point, they should both be behind half their own conference
 

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Messages
13,800
Reaction score
10,970
People have LSU and Tennessee in Top 10s. Unfathomable.

Based off a decent sample size of results at this point, they should both be behind half their own conference
LSU I kind of get. They have a lot of talent, drubbed A&M (I know) and that loss to Ole Miss was just a wild game. Someone has to be 10th and I guess it could be them.
Tennessee though? They seem to have a solid defense but their offense sucks. Only thing they've done is sort of hang around with Texas (at home, at noon) in a game they were never actually going to win. Typical overrated middle class SEC team.
 

Dale

Well-known member
Messages
19,332
Reaction score
33,904
LSU I kind of get. They have a lot of talent, drubbed A&M (I know) and that loss to Ole Miss was just a wild game. Someone has to be 10th and I guess it could be them.
Tennessee though? They seem to have a solid defense but their offense sucks. Only thing they've done is sort of hang around with Texas (at home, at noon) in a game they were never actually going to win. Typical overrated middle class SEC team.

LSU has a closer resume to be unranked then Top 10. They went 7 - 5 last year, fired their coach and have zero quality wins. By resume, they should be behind Ole Miss, Miss St, Missouri, Alabama, Georgia, Texas and Florida. Heck they should be behind, like Wake Forest who has a link via Ole Miss and Louisville. IMO LSU is the laziest ranking in the country.
 

Jeffwantpoppers

Well-known member
Messages
776
Reaction score
923
LSU has a closer resume to be unranked then Top 10. They went 7 - 5 last year, fired their coach and have zero quality wins. By resume, they should be behind Ole Miss, Miss St, Missouri, Alabama, Georgia, Texas and Florida. Heck they should be behind, like Wake Forest who has a link via Ole Miss and Louisville. IMO LSU is the laziest ranking in the country.
LSU is ranked on name and name alone.
 

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Messages
13,800
Reaction score
10,970
LSU has a closer resume to be unranked then Top 10. They went 7 - 5 last year, fired their coach and have zero quality wins. By resume, they should be behind Ole Miss, Miss St, Missouri, Alabama, Georgia, Texas and Florida. Heck they should be behind, like Wake Forest who has a link via Ole Miss and Louisville. IMO LSU is the laziest ranking in the country.
Given that LSU replaced their coach and a sizable chunk of their roster, I'm not sure last year's performance matters much. This year, they have routed Clemson and A&M (I realize these look less impressive now than they did at the time, but still those are reasonably talented teams) and lost on the road to a good team with a massive chip on its shoulder in a game that came down to the final minute.

I dunno. I think there are about seven really good teams this season, and it's all kind of a muddle after that. Someone has to be ranked #10 right now. I'm not going to get too upset about it being LSU. It's early yet, and we'll find out if they are actually good when they play Bama and Texas back to back in November.
 

Dale

Well-known member
Messages
19,332
Reaction score
33,904
Given that LSU replaced their coach and a sizable chunk of their roster, I'm not sure last year's performance matters much. This year, they have routed Clemson and A&M (I realize these look less impressive now than they did at the time, but still those are reasonably talented teams) and lost on the road to a good team with a massive chip on its shoulder in a game that came down to the final minute.

I dunno. I think there are about seven really good teams this season, and it's all kind of a muddle after that. Someone has to be ranked #10 right now. I'm not going to get too upset about it being LSU. It's early yet, and we'll find out if they are actually good when they play Bama and Texas back to back in November.

Right but you can also always move a team up right? I would have had Miss St higher last week, I would have them lower this week. Same with Iowa. You are allowed to move teams up and down based off results. Some teams are 5 - 0. Almost half the season! The issue is LSU has one of the weakest SEC schedules. So it provides a potentially unreliable anchor for the entire conference.
 

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Messages
13,800
Reaction score
10,970
Why does anyone care about the poll before mid-November? Watch your team and hope they win. That's all that matters rn.
I mean, feel free to watch other teams too if you want. But this right here.
It will all sort itself out, and none of it really matters at this point. This is especially true of teams ranked below, say, 15. (or, in this case, 11. Why the hell is Utah ranked so high? Yes they're 4-0 but their biggest win is... Iowa State?)
 

Dale

Well-known member
Messages
19,332
Reaction score
33,904
Why does anyone care about the poll before mid-November? Watch your team and hope they win. That's all that matters rn.

Because I like CFB too much and they objectively influence CFP rankings. You don’t have to if you don’t want to!
 

GowerND11

Well-known member
Messages
6,811
Reaction score
3,757
The SEC glaze is insane. Ole Miss top 10 after being DOG WALKED by Florida who, in turn, got DOG WALKED by Missouri is all we need to see.

And while people might say, well it’s early these rankings don’t matter, they absolutely have proven to matter. The playoff committee does not deviate much, sadly.
 

CoachB

Well-known member
Messages
1,392
Reaction score
1,940
My official undisputed unbiased Real Top 25

1. Miami
2. Notre Dame
3. Georgia
4. Indiana
5. Alabama
6. Texas
7. Ohio St.
8. BYU
9. Utah
10. UCLA
11. Wisconsin
12. Nebraska
13. Texas Tech
14. Tennessee
15. Northwestern
16. Wake Forest
17. Mississippi State
18. Missouri
19. Florida
20. Ole Miss
21. LSU
22. Oklahoma St.
23. Oregon
24. Pittsburgh
25. Boise St.
 
Last edited:

Me2SouthBend

Well-known member
Messages
2,856
Reaction score
3,544
My official undisputed unbiased Real Top 25

1. Miami
2. Notre Dame
3. Georgia
4. Indiana
5. Alabama
6. Texas
7. Ohio St.
8. BYU
9. Utah
10. UCLA
11. Nebraska
12. Texas Tech
13. Tennessee
14. Northwestern
15. Wake Forest
16. Mississippi State
17. Missouri
18. Florida
19. Ole Miss
20. LSU
21. Oklahoma St.
22. Oregon
23. Pittsburgh
24. Boise St.
25. Arizona
No Wisconsin?
 
Top