General team info

NDRock

Well-known member
Messages
7,543
Reaction score
5,597
I feel like all these transgressions occur during program upswings.

Lax,

Do you think certain people in the university purposely go out of their way to discover stuff like this (behavior, academic trouble, etc.) during the good times to remind the football program the university is way bigger?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You know, I’m no conspiracy theorist but that seems to be what has happened during Kelly’s tenure.
 

Circa

Conspire to keep It real
Messages
8,000
Reaction score
818
I feel like all these transgressions occur during program upswings.

Lax,

Do you think certain people in the university purposely go out of their way to discover stuff like this (behavior, academic trouble, etc.) during the good times to remind the football program the university is way bigger?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this Is true. I would tell Our Head Football Coach Brian Kelly to please leave and go get yours.!! You can't stop the madness that even Lou dealt with.
It's definitely a major problem within the ranks of people who don't care about NDFB.
 
Last edited:

nsisk157

Well-known member
Messages
956
Reaction score
265
99.9 percent based on a bunch of no-named twitter people sourcing each other?

Barstool Chief has a decent track record with Book reporting; he broke the starting nod. He hasn't mentioned anything, but has since issued two new tweets..

"I'm not in the business of breaking news or making people's lives harder."

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I’m going to delete a tweet</p>— Chief (@BarstoolChief) <a href="https://twitter.com/BarstoolChief/status/1049414468961259520?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 8, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
 
Last edited:

calvegas04

Well-known member
Messages
12,853
Reaction score
9,724
99.9 percent based on a bunch of no-named twitter people sourcing each other?

it is very weird all ND reporters and ND accounts have gone quite, except Mack he is always spilling the beans

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Just keep working. The glass is never half empty, it’s half full.</p>— Alizé Mack (@AlizeMack97) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlizeMack97/status/1049416335120318465?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 8, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
 

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
27,831
Reaction score
10,323
Why doesn't this ever happen at Alabama or Ohio State?

We'll see what happens but I made a similar statement elsewhere. No other big time football program would do this in the midst of a playoff run. Suspend the star QB, yea right. Only at ND. Let's see what happens.
 

Circa

Conspire to keep It real
Messages
8,000
Reaction score
818
Why doesn't this ever happen at Alabama or Ohio State?

Because none of them including Clemson, Georgia, FSU... you name It. The upper hands of college football don't have kids that go to normal classes... Aka. North Carolina (caught with 0 punishment). It's a disturbing thing and one we should be very weary of.
 

NDRock

Well-known member
Messages
7,543
Reaction score
5,597
Why doesn't this ever happen at Alabama or Ohio State?

My wife went to Bama and had class with some football players. She laughed when I told her the Book rumor just now. Said the ones she knew didn’t do anything school related.
 

Sea Turtle

Slow and steady wins the race
Messages
5,794
Reaction score
3,560
I feel like all these transgressions occur during program upswings.

Lax,

Do you think certain people in the university purposely go out of their way to discover stuff like this (behavior, academic trouble, etc.) during the good times to remind the football program the university is way bigger?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not Lax but yeah, when you're employing 3 different investigative teams using criminal computer forensics used in MURDER investigations like with the frozen five, you are certainly going scorched Earth to keep the program under your thumb.
 

IrishLax

Something Witty
Staff member
Messages
38,077
Reaction score
30,713
99.9 percent based on a bunch of no-named twitter people sourcing each other?

No dude, GK posted something in the mod forum around 4:15, then I texted a bunch of people and got in the car at like 4:20, and by the time I got home it had been corroborated by a bunch of people including Ironman. GK was also the person to break the Frozen Five thing.

From what I'm hearing now, it seems like it might end up being small potatoes. Or maybe it'll be a total cluster fuck because ND gonna ND. We just gotta let this thing play out.
 

calvegas04

Well-known member
Messages
12,853
Reaction score
9,724
I mean if this is happening I wouldn't be mad at Kelly just jumping ship and given ND the finger
 

Circa

Conspire to keep It real
Messages
8,000
Reaction score
818
Not Lax but yeah, when you're employing 3 different investigative teams using criminal computer forensics used in MURDER investigations like with the frozen five, you are certainly going scorched Earth to keep the program under your thumb.

It needs to stay normal. But over the top type stuff because you paraphrased wrong... Un-friggin-believable!
 

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Messages
13,760
Reaction score
10,914
Have they even had midterms yet? Looks like Fall Break starts this coming weekend.
 

Circa

Conspire to keep It real
Messages
8,000
Reaction score
818
I mean if this is happening I wouldn't be mad at Kelly just jumping ship and given ND the finger

Exactly! I love my Irish but he won't win with a forensic scientist team taking DNA of thought processes when we get good.
#Peace BK
 

Ironman8

Jaqen H'ghar
Messages
11,652
Reaction score
902
Pretty sure it’s business ethics one credit class that many remember taking together as a class. Used to be open book I believe.

Irony is strong here though
 

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
27,831
Reaction score
10,323
FWIW, a poster on 247 is saying it was a collaboration from the entire class, so they'd have to suspend the entire class? Not sure if true but he doesn't think anything comes of this at all.
 

ThePiombino

The OG "TP"
Messages
16,481
Reaction score
6,246
FWIW, a poster on 247 is saying it was a collaboration from the entire class, so they'd have to suspend the entire class? Not sure if true but he doesn't think anything comes of this at all.

Highly doubt nothing comes of a FOOTBALL player being less than ethical in ND's eyes...
 

Circa

Conspire to keep It real
Messages
8,000
Reaction score
818
Pretty sure it’s business ethics one credit class that many remember taking together as a class. Used to be open book I believe.

Irony is strong here though

Geez! 'I am Involved in an unreal world beholding of simplicities unrelated.' fml
 

SouthSideChiDomer

Well-known member
Messages
1,526
Reaction score
614
Players take 12 credits. The play 12 games. Book cheats on a 1 credit class, so he should be suspended 1 game, right? Good, we can all agree that is fair and he will be back in time for Navy.
 

Circa

Conspire to keep It real
Messages
8,000
Reaction score
818
Just look what the other fiasco did to Everett. They aren't trying to make men outta soldiers. They're making soldiers lay down and die.
 

402puck

Dee Snutzs
Messages
1,497
Reaction score
3,147
9bb7f40ee84f795e69584d11ec72297f.png


🤔
 

Irishize

Well-known member
Messages
4,531
Reaction score
461
Right now, we don't have any confirmation on what punishment has been doled out or he is allegedly facing. Might be fine, might just take a zero on the assignment.

There is a 99.9% chance though that Book is in some hot water. There is way too much smoke from a bunch of different sources for that not to be the case. So I'm gonna go start drinking, and hope for the best.

Too bad ND doesn’t operate like Stanford or Book could’ve dropped the class w/ zero penalty.
 
Top