Carolina Postgame

NDFAN2008

Well-known member
Messages
7,976
Reaction score
6,095
One thing I would’ve liked to have seen on defense is more double my blitz. Send more than what they have protecting and force Edwards to make a split second decision.
If they play like that against Miami they’ll get killed. Can’t give these QB’s 4-5 seconds to throw
 

Dale

Well-known member
Messages
19,530
Reaction score
34,217
I’m not so sure the defensive performance is on Ash. I thought the secondary just didn’t play well. In particular, I thought Shuler played like shit. In general, I didn’t think the secondary had good eyes.

The scoring plays/drives were thanks to 1.) Shuler being poor in man coverage on the TE, and 2.) The boneheaded penalty on Ausberry.

Not saying Ash is completely blame free. I just don’t think this group of 18-22 year old kids were up to snuff today.

Shuler should play better, but Thurman has WR traits and 6 inches, 40 pounds on Shuler. He should not be manning him in the red zone. It’s a matchup made for Talich and he’s the only plus weapon on the entire offense.
 

arrowryan

Well-known member
Messages
15,567
Reaction score
10,724
Shuler should play better, but Thurman has WR traits and 6 inches, 40 pounds on Shuler. He should not be manning him in the red zone. It’s a matchup made for Talich and he’s the only plus weapon on the entire offense.

Shuler defended that same player just fine later in the game on the exact same route. Not denying Thurman’s ability, but Shuler has to at least make him earn it lol.
 

Rudy89

Well-known member
Messages
2,765
Reaction score
780
It’s still better bc you can just enjoy the rest of your weekend,… night games are fucking torture
This guy knows what’s up. Yeah I love noon games . I don’t watch any other team but I’m in a great mood for the rest of the day now & my anxiety will go away until Wednesday.
 

Dale

Well-known member
Messages
19,530
Reaction score
34,217
Shuler defended that same player just fine later in the game on the exact same route. Not denying Thurman’s ability, but Shuler has to at least make him earn it lol.

Against Talich it’s closer a 50/50 matchup. Against Shuler you’re starting out at like 70/30. He’s respecting his physicality and just gets toasted on a corner. He also beat Shuler vertically repeatedly. I just would like us to not put players at disadvantages, regardless of their performance
 

Silentkaw

Well-known member
Messages
108
Reaction score
257
Georgia was in a battle with Vanderbilt and their backup QB. It’s good to face a little adversity.
 

Dizzyphil

Well-known member
Messages
4,330
Reaction score
1,722
This guy knows what’s up. Yeah I love noon games . I don’t watch any other team but I’m in a great mood for the rest of the day now & my anxiety will go away until Wednesday.
I'm plastered by 3p... And keep on drinking.....
 

Irish2155

Well-known member
Messages
6,884
Reaction score
2,293
Couldn’t run on is. We couldn’t get to the QB however, which put a lot of pressure on our D backfield. That’s my biggest takeaway…the lack of pass rush.

Walton’s our dude. CJ can sling it. Faison can catch it.
 

KPENN

Well-known member
Staff member
Messages
13,673
Reaction score
13,524
This guy knows what’s up. Yeah I love noon games . I don’t watch any other team but I’m in a great mood for the rest of the day now & my anxiety will go away until Wednesday.
My guy do you enjoy college football at all? You’re worried sick all week about Notre Dame and don’t watch other games
 

arrowryan

Well-known member
Messages
15,567
Reaction score
10,724
Against Talich it’s closer a 50/50 matchup. Against Shuler you’re starting out at like 70/30. He’s respecting his physicality and just gets toasted on a corner. He also beat Shuler vertically repeatedly. I just would like us to not put players at disadvantages, regardless of their performance

I don’t think Ash is asking too much of Shuler to cover a tight end. If Shuler can’t do that then we have bigger issues. I’ll chalk it up as a bad rep by Shuler. It happens.
 

NotKoon

Well-known member
Messages
493
Reaction score
1,039
What minutes were those?
UNC needed a goal line stop, an almost-unrepeatable 97-yard drive, and then a kick return for a touchdown to make it even briefly close. Then we took back over.
We were always going to win that game. Though it’s one we easily lose in many past years.
The minutes between the kick return touchdown and ND’s answer touchdown, they converted 3 4th down on that drive
 

Dale

Well-known member
Messages
19,530
Reaction score
34,217
I don’t think Ash is asking too much of Shuler to cover a tight end. If Shuler can’t do that then we have bigger issues. I’ll chalk it up as a bad rep by Shuler. It happens.

I’m not sure what the disagreement is, would you rather the 6’0 205 defender with the shortest wingspan in the secondary cover the 6’6 245 star player or have him cover the slot WR with zero catches, backup TE or play zone?

No disagreement Shuler should player better
 
Last edited:

Rudy89

Well-known member
Messages
2,765
Reaction score
780
My guy do you enjoy college football at all? You’re worried sick all week about Notre Dame and don’t watch other games
I enjoy Notre Dame & that’s the only thing I care about in college football. That’s just all I want to see is ND win a title and be successful when it comes to college ball. If notre dame isn’t playing I’d rather just watch something else I’m interested in.
 

Dale

Well-known member
Messages
19,530
Reaction score
34,217
Edwards was 8/11 on throws 10 - 20. That was the outstanding performance that woulda never seen coming
 

Notre Dame Joe

Well-known member
Messages
550
Reaction score
314
This guy knows what’s up. Yeah I love noon games . I don’t watch any other team but I’m in a great mood for the rest of the day now & my anxiety will go away until Wednesday.

I searched youtube for the full game replay. They did not provide it but dropped the final score right at the top of the page in Shorts.
 

arrowryan

Well-known member
Messages
15,567
Reaction score
10,724
I’m not sure what the disagreement is, would you rather the 6’0 205 defender with the shortest wingspan in the secondary cover the 6’6 245 star player or have him cover the slot WR with zero catches?

No disagreement Shuler should player better

Not really disagreeing with you. I just expect more from Shuler. That’s all.
 

Jimmy3Putt

KooL
Messages
6,632
Reaction score
7,997
15 straight wins by double digits ties for #2 with the 2008-09 Florida Gators and two away from the 2001-02 Miami teams.

The running game is gelling and I think the depth chart will be Walton/James/Williams.

Was not pretty and we faced some real adversity for the first time in a long time. Game got within 1 and we responded beautifully. A long, soul crushing drive, a 3 and out, and another long drive, a 4 and out, and another long drive. We shrunk the game and choked the life out of them.

Our WR corps is rounding out with Faison, Greathouse, and Gilbert. If the rushing attack continues its upward trajectory the offense will be deadly.

Onward.

Williams has proven in previous years that he's great as third string back! The staff needs to set him up for success.
 

Dale

Well-known member
Messages
19,530
Reaction score
34,217
Clemson had a 47% pressure rate vs UNC, we had a 29%

29 isn’t bad. But it isn’t good.

They moved their LG to LT is change I see. The benched LT got whipped by Will Heldt

FWIW
 

402puck

Dee Snutzs
Messages
1,580
Reaction score
3,372
Clemson had a 47% pressure rate vs UNC, we had a 29%

29 isn’t bad. But it isn’t good.
Thought they spent a lot of time only rushing 4, be curious to see what the actual numbers are on that
 

SportsingHard

Well-known member
Messages
1,453
Reaction score
1,271
Been watching since Faust and I don't recall a player better at making the most of his opportunities than Luke Talich. His knack for making plays is ridiculous.

Glad the coaches recognize where the RB depth chart needs to go and are taking steps to make it happen.

Toughest thing about days like today is enduring all the "everbody needs to..." posts.
 

OrlaNDomer

Well-known member
Messages
700
Reaction score
534
Was delayed 4 hours between Berlin and Barcelona and missed the entire game. Sounds like it was frustrating. Very pleased we at least kept double digit win streak alive. As much as I love stomping inferior opponents getting pushed a bit I think is a good thing from time to time.
 
Top