Carolina Postgame

FDNYIrish1

Well-known member
Messages
3,101
Reaction score
5,435
Went in to a noon away game in basically a monsoon and won by 11 with 2 of the 3 phases of the team having uncharacteristically bad performances. Self scout and get back to the lab. How about that running game eh? Eh?
 

notredamermotherpray4us

Well-known member
Messages
225
Reaction score
303
I may be in the minority here. But I don’t think Williams had a bad game. I feel he actually had decent vision today.

Now, the younger guys showed out now doubt. They were great. But I don’t think Williams was bad.
I agree that all the negativity AW is getting isn't really justified imo. He is being out played by James and Walton and It's not always pretty. Last 2 games though he's averaging over 5 ypc on 22 carries and a TD. If he continues to play like that and James and Walton continue to out play him I'd like to think that puts us in a pretty good position to run the table.
 

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Staff member
Messages
45,926
Reaction score
22,019
Frustrating to see Denbrock go stupid with the play calling at the goal line.

The positive is there were enough mistakes that it will give MF something to use for this weeks practice in working to get better.

One game, but Walton looks like RB1.
 

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Staff member
Messages
45,926
Reaction score
22,019
What minutes were those?
UNC needed a goal line stop, an almost-unrepeatable 97-yard drive, and then a kick return for a touchdown to make it even briefly close. Then we took back over.
We were always going to win that game. Though it’s one we easily lose in many past years.
UNC doesn’t have a goal line stand if Denbrock doesn’t have a brain fart.
 

greyhammer90

the drunk piano player
Messages
17,795
Reaction score
18,719
Post game win expectancy according to SP+ was 98.1%


The lowest of the season lmao

No idea about the methodology of each but it's interesting to me that our SP+ post game win expectancy has been at or near 99% but our "Did we really get beat that bad?" chart placement often puts us at middle-high but not at the top of the chart.
 

IrishFanForever23

Well-known member
Messages
1,261
Reaction score
645
Frustrating to see Denbrock go stupid with the play calling at the goal line.

The positive is there were enough mistakes that it will give MF something to use for this weeks practice in working to get better.

One game, but Walton looks like RB1.
If you’re referring to CJ’s run on third down, he checked to that and Denbrock was pissed. According to ISD anyway.
 

Dale

Well-known member
Messages
19,297
Reaction score
33,814
No idea about the methodology of each but it's interesting to me that our SP+ post game win expectancy has been at or near 99% but our "Did we really get beat that bad?" chart placement often puts us at middle-high but not at the top of the chart.

Parker’s only does just net success rate I believe whereas SP+ includes a lot more
 

Jiggafini19Deux

Minister of Delayed Gratification
Messages
14,605
Reaction score
15,791
The team and coaches are far more poised than the people who support them. Thank God for that. The response to 21-20 was to just ram the ball down UNC's throat and score a touchdown. Then force a punt. Then do it again. That's the sign of a disciplined, well coached team. You on on the road, in less than ideal conditions and take another double digit victory. I do think that Bobby Petrino gave them some things they need to get better at defensively, and that's actually a good thing.

We'll probably end up looking back at this and recall it as "The Walton Game." At least I will. Very impressed with CJ Carr, Faison, Greathouse, James, Williams, Walton and the offense. Stepped up and did it when it matters. This is as good of a second half team as I've seen. They're very good and are going to continue to improve. They're in the conversation.

Other than that, I was surprised at the amount of trash talking jabronis that UNC had on the field yesterday. They never had the lead and end up leaving their home field a 2-2 team. Some of those dudes were The U 30 for 30 worthy with the amount of jawing and yapping they were doing. Made it even more satisfying to beat them and their broken ass coach.
 

Irishdawg

Well-known member
Messages
1,639
Reaction score
1,306
The team and coaches are far more poised than the people who support them. Thank God for that. The response to 21-20 was to just ram the ball down UNC's throat and score a touchdown. Then force a punt. Then do it again. That's the sign of a disciplined, well coached team. You on on the road, in less than ideal conditions and take another double digit victory. I do think that Bobby Petrino gave them some things they need to get better at defensively, and that's actually a good thing.

We'll probably end up looking back at this and recall it as "The Walton Game." At least I will. Very impressed with CJ Carr, Faison, Greathouse, James, Williams, Walton and the offense. Stepped up and did it when it matters. This is as good of a second half team as I've seen. They're very good and are going to continue to improve. They're in the conversation.

Other than that, I was surprised at the amount of trash talking jabronis that UNC had on the field yesterday. They never had the lead and end up leaving their home field a 2-2 team. Some of those dudes were The U 30 for 30 worthy with the amount of jawing and yapping they were doing. Made it even more satisfying to beat them and their broken ass coach.
And his psycho 25 year old girlfriend
 

ND87

Well-known member
Messages
1,015
Reaction score
399
Had to watch YouTube highlight / condensed this morning, so I am certainly missing a few plays.
But what I saw was our offense could (outside of one screwup) essentially do what it wished, and our D had some brain farms. Overall, played a game that shoulda been 45-19 or so.... is that about right?
 

allenm5333

Well-known member
Messages
3,967
Reaction score
3,847
Had to watch YouTube highlight / condensed this morning, so I am certainly missing a few plays.
But what I saw was our offense could (outside of one screwup) essentially do what it wished, and our D had some brain farms. Overall, played a game that shoulda been 45-19 or so.... is that about right?
Just 2 or so bad drives. Sometimes offense plays well too
 
Top