2026 Fall Camp Thread

T-Boone

Well-known member
Messages
8,690
Reaction score
5,072
Are we getting more video than previous years?
I think it seems like we are.
 

NDPhilly

Philly Torqued
Messages
17,411
Reaction score
19,330
I still think Bryce can comfortably add another 10-15 pounds, especially in his lower half. 270-275 seems to be his eventual NFL weight. That being said very glad he reworked his body to be leaner / quicker this offseason.
 

Padomer9

Well-known member
Messages
191
Reaction score
315
Porter has been struggling. As you know he’s coming off that injury so they are taking it slow with him and just trying to get him back up to speed. Graham has been showing signs of being able to get on the field. Just needs so show some more consistency. We’ve been impressed with Grahams ability to grasp the playbook and overall scheme of what we’re trying to do on offense. Him and CJ continue to build on that chemistry. He’s still a work in progress but it’s only the first week, we hope he can continue to show signs of helping this team…..next question buckeye joe?
 

notredomer23

Staph Member
Messages
18,314
Reaction score
19,055
We are third in SP+ preseason. This is with offense being moderately overrated and defense being moderately underrated IMO.



What offenses do you have ahead of ND? I felt the same at initial glance but looking at who's behind them... not so sure. Maybe just a down year for offenses? The teams immediately behind them in Tennessee, UGA, USC, and Texas A&M I'd have a very hard time moving ahead of ND. Maybe UGA, but I don't see it with the other 3.
 

RudyVerse

Well-known member
Messages
1,312
Reaction score
2,337
What offenses do you have ahead of ND? I felt the same at initial glance but looking at who's behind them... not so sure. Maybe just a down year for offenses? The teams immediately behind them in Tennessee, UGA, USC, and Texas A&M I'd have a very hard time moving ahead of ND. Maybe UGA, but I don't see it with the other 3.

I'd confidently put Texas and Oregon ahead of ND. They both have the top 5 lines on paper and much more proven skill talent than ours. They have 1st rounders at WR, Oregon has arguably the best TE in the country, and more explosive running backs. QB at both goes without saying. You could argue OSU ahead of us as well but Oregon/Texas confidently. OSU WR depth quietly got gutted by losing Porter and Graham to us.

With the CO judge ruling, Texas also got a 5th year guy back who started last year so they've only gotten deeper the last couple of weeks.
 

CoachB

Well-known member
Messages
1,388
Reaction score
1,936
For some reason I have the perception that O Line was the question mark for Oregon and Texas.
 

Dale

Well-known member
Messages
19,133
Reaction score
33,525
OSU and Oregon are already ahead of us. I think the contenders to be ranked above would be Texas and Miami. Miami has far greater OL losses which SP+ is gonna punish. Bit surprised Texas is down at 9, but they have a weird hodgepodge of transfers additions whereas ND has more HS talent.
 

notredomer23

Staph Member
Messages
18,314
Reaction score
19,055
I'd confidently put Texas and Oregon ahead of ND. They both have the top 5 lines on paper and much more proven skill talent than ours. They have 1st rounders at WR, Oregon has arguably the best TE in the country, and more explosive running backs. QB at both goes without saying. You could argue OSU ahead of us as well but Oregon/Texas confidently. OSU WR depth quietly got gutted by losing Porter and Graham to us.

With the CO judge ruling, Texas also got a 5th year guy back who started last year so they've only gotten deeper the last couple of weeks.

Yeah, Oregon and OSU are the teams ahead of ND in the rankings offensively. Texas is somehow 9th which I don't agree with unless Arch plays like he did in the 1H this past year which I don't expect.

I'd personally go Oregon and OSU as clear top 2, not sure on order. OSU's offensive line is gonna be nasty. 3-6 in any order really could be ND, Texas, Miami, and UGA IMO.

Tennessee at 4 makes zero sense.

Also Alabama at 33rd :love:
 

Dale

Well-known member
Messages
19,133
Reaction score
33,525
Tennessee at 4 makes zero sense.

It really seems like it’s a heavily OL based rating, they return a lot up front. Surprised the lack of QB didn’t outweigh that but has to be the reason.
 

RudyVerse

Well-known member
Messages
1,312
Reaction score
2,337
What makes them both have Top 5 OLs on paper?
Texas is returning 3 Texas starters and 2 transfer starters. And their tackle is graded #1 by many NFL predictions. Their tackles will be better than ours barring some massive surprise from Black and Guerby.

Maybe I'm higher on Oregon's than most but they return two true starters and a transfer starter. They'll be breaking in 2 new guys, but those guys are ~95 rated upper classmen. But their predicted starting lineup averages 326 pounds. So I'm probably higher on them than most I suppose.
 

Dale

Well-known member
Messages
19,133
Reaction score
33,525
Texas is returning 3 Texas starters and 2 transfer starters. And their tackle is graded #1 by many NFL predictions. Their tackles will be better than ours barring some massive surprise from Black and Guerby.

Maybe I'm higher on Oregon's than most but they return two true starters and a transfer starter. They'll be breaking in 2 new guys, but those guys are ~95 rated upper classmen. But their predicted starting lineup averages 326 pounds. So I'm probably higher on them than most I suppose.

I know both teams consider OL the possible weakness. Texas should be fine at OT but IOL is a question regardless. Their OL wasn’t good last year. Oregon lost 3 starters, is potentially starting two freshman.

You think the WKU and Yale transfers are plug and play? Not sure Texas or Oregon does.

They could both certainly be good, but I don’t know I agree they are Top 5 OL on paper, and not sure they expect to be.
 
Last edited:

MeanGreenBeans

Well-known member
Messages
1,199
Reaction score
1,087
Would love to see ND face Texas or Oregon in the playoffs. If anyone has the secondary to match up with their WRs, it's us. And I think we could beat them up on both sides of the line.
 

IrishLax

Something Witty
Staff member
Messages
38,082
Reaction score
30,748
What offenses do you have ahead of ND? I felt the same at initial glance but looking at who's behind them... not so sure. Maybe just a down year for offenses? The teams immediately behind them in Tennessee, UGA, USC, and Texas A&M I'd have a very hard time moving ahead of ND. Maybe UGA, but I don't see it with the other 3.
Certainly Ohio State, Texas, Oregon. Probably Miami and Ole Miss. That would have us ~6th.

I legitimately think our defense should be darn near number 1 if you only looked at the back half of last year + returning production.
 

allenm5333

Well-known member
Messages
3,950
Reaction score
3,835
Certainly Ohio State, Texas, Oregon. Probably Miami and Ole Miss. That would have us ~6th.

I legitimately think our defense should be darn near number 1 if you only looked at the back half of last year + returning production.
I am selling the ole miss o this year. They will be good but not nearly as good as they were with weis/kiffin
 
Top