- Messages
- 45,970
- Reaction score
- 22,082
I don’t make the rules, but it is what it is.Convenient.
Legal in 38 states. 14 medical and 24 recreational.
I don’t make the rules, but it is what it is.Convenient.
Legal in 38 states. 14 medical and 24 recreational.
I'd rather he let the weed people slide than all these assholes that embezzled, cheated and stole millions of dollars while likely ruining people's lives in the process.I don’t make the rules, but it is what it is.
Who are “they”?
As a member of the original hippy era, I am "familiar" with pot, weed, maryjane, Maui Wowee, ganja, hash, etc. I personally don't have a problem legalizing weed. I'd much rather Indiana get that revenue instead of letting neighboring states get it.I'd rather he let the weed people slide than all these assholes that embezzled, cheated and stole millions of dollars while likely ruining people's lives in the process.
These pardons are not one of our better "traditions". Not just bad optics, either.
The same political positions that investigated Trump.Who are “they”?
I thought “they” were all corrupt?The same political positions that investigated Trump.
Good. Keep anything that doesn't have to do with the subject of the bill out of it. No need to add fillers to any bills![]()
Democratic senators seek to ax transgender care ban from defense bill
The National Defense Authorization Act, which passed the House last week, would bar transition-related health coverage for service members’ minor children.www.nbcnews.com
I think this is something we can all agree on. Less pork on both sides in these bill write ups. One side will write up a bill called the "Save the Puppies" bill, and then there will be $100 million going to <insert random country name here> for some unrelated venture. When the other side votes against the bill, the outcry is "Why didn't the other party vote yes?! THEY HATE PUPPIES!"Good. Keep anything that doesn't have to do with the subject of the bill out of it. No need to add fillers to any bills
The best way to create some unity is by not adding bull shit like this to a bill that has nothing to do with it.I think this is something we can all agree on. Less pork on both sides in these bill write ups. One side will write up a bill called the "Save the Puppies" bill, and then there will be $100 million going to <insert random country name here> for some unrelated venture. When the other side votes against the bill, the outcry is "Why didn't the other party vote yes?! THEY HATE PUPPIES!"
Michigan has lower prices and taxes on marijuana now, so that has contributed to stagnating some growth here in IL for the first time. Fiscal year 2024 saw $2B in sales. The tax revenue goes to grants for various things.As a member of the original hippy era, I am "familiar" with pot, weed, maryjane, Maui Wowee, ganja, hash, etc. I personally don't have a problem legalizing weed. I'd much rather Indiana get that revenue instead of letting neighboring states get it.
LET'S GOOOOOOO![]()
House Ethics Committee to release report on its Matt Gaetz investigation
The committee’s yearslong investigation looked into allegations of sexual misconduct and illicit drug use against Gaetz, a top Donald Trump ally.www.nbcnews.com
This guy's political career should have been over a while ago.
Let's not forget.![]()
Marjorie Taylor Greene throws Trump's Social Security pledge on floor
The House Republican accused campaigner Alex Lawson of asking "b******* questions."www.newsweek.com
This is on the heels of her "I'll shoot down drones myself" and "Vaccines cause autism" bits a couple of days prior.
The struggles of our members of congress.
Yes, very similar. /sLet's not forget.
![]()
hes nervous lol
They do need to maintain two homes, though. And as most are aware, housing in DC metro is extremely expensive; behind only Manhattan and San Francisco.
I'm with you if there are Congressmen who weren't taking lobbyist money and weren't doing insider trading, but I'm not sure whose hands are clean of that at this point.They do need to maintain two homes, though. And as most are aware, housing in DC metro is extremely expensive; behind only Manhattan and San Francisco.
![]()
Ohio politician proposes bill to make flag planting a felony after fight in Michigan rivalry game
An Ohio politician has seen enough flag planting. Republican state Rep. Josh Williams said Wednesday on social media he's introducing a bill to make flag planting in sports a felony in the state.apnews.com
It seems to be getting easier reading headlines and knowing what party the individual in question is from.
This one was a fucking layup.
On the one hand, this is legislation that is a complete joke at any level. On the other hand, he knows exactly what he's doing and that there are people in his district and in the state of Ohio that are going to take multiple helpings of this and shove it down their throats. They won't be able to get enough.
Do they know that nobody gives a fuck about Michigan or Ohio?Eh...as a resident of Ohio I'm going to play devil's advocate. Yeah, this should be silly legislation that never sees the light of day. It is silly legislation, no doubt. That said, the rivalry and hatred between the two states is very real. It goes beyond the football field, it's existed since before Michigan became a state. It's more heated than the Oklahoma/Texas rivalry by quite a bit imo. There's bad blood that goes back generations. What I'm getting at is these two don't need any reason for a fight, they're always ready to go at each other's throats. Something as silly as a flag planting is enough to draw blood with them. You can better believe next season when they're playing in Ann Arbor there's a strong chance OSU will be out for blood and they'll be looking for revenge, and we'll see another flag planting. Then you'll see a return trip in Columbus, etc, etc. It's stupid, but that's how those two teams operate.
It's unfathomable, but that's because our team has more class than either of those programs. In 2005 Michigan State won a close one in South Bend, which ended up being Weis' first loss. They planted their flag on our field after the game. The next season in the "Hurricane Katrina" game we returned the favor in a late comeback...and a trio of Michigan State players stood in the center of their field at the 50 yard line, ready to defend their territory. No Irish players came to plant a flag. It was a pretty pathetic sight.
So, while the legislation is pretty silly, it also prevents a possible catalyst for future fights that will certainly occur between the two idiots. Also, to continue playing devil's advocate, there are a number of Ohio laws that are way worse than this one already. I'm still a little ticked that it's illegal to hunt whales in Ohio on a Sunday!
Right? Only the people in said states care, and they absolutely despise each other. I'm sure Michigan has their own version, but when you live in Ohio they pass this down to you:Do they know that nobody gives a fuck about Michigan or Ohio?
O, we don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan
The whole state of Michigan, the whole state of Michigan
We don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan, we're from Ohio
We're from Ohio...O-H
We're from Ohio...I-O
O, we don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan
The whole state of Michigan, the whole state of Michigan
We don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan, we're from Ohio