Everything Soccer

Jiggafini19Deux

What do you hillbillies want?
Reaction score

I remember that Newcastle squad. Zero business being relegated on paper but they mailed it in.

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
Luton goes up 3-2 on aggregate vs Sunderland in Championship Playoff.

Sunderland Til I Die gets better regardless.

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
Inter in the Champions League Final

Roma in the Europa League Final

Fiorentina in the Conference League Final

Quite a showing for Serie A in European competitions. Roma vs Sevilla should be fantastic. Sevilla wins Europa League just about every year it feels like. Mourinho has pulled that injured riddled Roma squad along this season.

Inter are in top form right now. Napoli has been by far the best team in Italy, but Inter are the best team in Italy right now. City are obviously heavy favorites, rightfully, but I don't think it is the foregone conclusion on paper everyone is making it out to be.

CTIDANDREW

Reaction score
Inter in the Champions League Final

Roma in the Europa League Final

Fiorentina in the Conference League Final

Quite a showing for Serie A in European competitions. Roma vs Sevilla should be fantastic. Sevilla wins Europa League just about every year it feels like. Mourinho has pulled that injured riddled Roma squad along this season.

Inter are in top form right now. Napoli has been by far the best team in Italy, but Inter are the best team in Italy right now. City are obviously heavy favorites, rightfully, but I don't think it is the foregone conclusion on paper everyone is making it out to be.
According to fbref.com Inter has actually been more proficient on the xGD/90 min line then Napoli...which is crazy when you think about the point difference between the two on the season.
Should be a good final. Inter have the players needed to sit back an counter and give City trouble.
1684511114510.png

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score

This is what it's all about. Great stuff.

Luton Town vs Coventry for a Premier League spot should be very interesting. Luton's stadium is a dump and I don't know how it fits in the Premier League. They were in League Two not long ago.

NorthDakota

Grandson of Loomis
Reaction score

This is what it's all about. Great stuff.

Luton Town vs Coventry for a Premier League spot should be very interesting. Luton's stadium is a dump and I don't know how it fits in the Premier League. They were in League Two not long ago.

Bournemouth has made tiny dumpy stadium work

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score

Up and down the country, non-League football is booming and relatively tiny clubs are seeing attendances skyrocket. This is despite — or perhaps because of — the runaway success of the Premier League, with fans wanting a cheaper and more authentic football experience on their doorstep.

Yes. More of this, please.

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
Coventry only has 4 or 5 players under contract for next season, meaning if they win promotion this weekend to the Premier League they're going to have to build a Premier League squad and do so without much money.

They might be better off losing to Luton Town in a sense, which sounds totally ridiculous, but financially could actually end up being a better option.

phillyirish

Reaction score
Coventry only has 4 or 5 players under contract for next season, meaning if they win promotion this weekend to the Premier League they're going to have to build a Premier League squad and do so without much money.

They might be better off losing to Luton Town in a sense, which sounds totally ridiculous, but financially could actually end up being a better option.
No way man. The premier league money is just that much better. Best financial decision would be to go to the premier league with a Skeleton roster, finish 20th and collect that 100m+ TV money in addition to all the other incentives. Use that to build a young, solid championship core for the future.

IHateMarkMay

IHateDavidPollackToo
Reaction score
Not sure what Nottingham Forest's financials were when they got bumped for this season, but they brought a ton of players in. They are safe from relegation, so it worked well for them for at least one season.

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
Coventry has the lowest wage bill of any team in the Championship currently. They have,quite literally, no money.

What they do have is Mark Robins, who might very well be the best manager in England at any level given what he's done with this club since his arrival. He has stayed there is spite of the odds.

IHateMarkMay

IHateDavidPollackToo
Reaction score
I'm not an Arsenal fan, but I read the ESPN article where Ogden said they should go for Kane or Bellingham. Kane won't happen, but Bellingham would be interesting. I'm not sure if he'd fit their system, but they are looking for a CDM and what's the point in paying 100M for a 24 year old Rice when you can have a 19 year old Bellingham for 130M? Plus, it would keep him from going to City, which is a win for everyone else.

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
Arsenal just bought Gabriel Jesus. If you're going to put up money to get Harry Kane who is about to turn 30, why not spend on Oshimen or Vlahovic? Other than Kane being PL proven? No faith in Nketiah? Better yet, why spend on a striker at all? Goals are not really an issue.

They've scored 83 goals this season in 37 matches and only City have more. They've allowed 43, and interestingly enough, Liverpool in fifth have conceded the same number. City allowed 31 all year. The City squads of the last few years that have dueled Liverpool were not giving up 40+ goals. Neither of those squads were.

Jorginho, Xhaka and Elneny all off the books in a year. Partey off in 2025. All around 30 years old. Declan Rice makes a lot of sense when you start adding all of this up, especially since Bellingham is going to Real Madrid by most accounts.

IHateMarkMay

IHateDavidPollackToo
Reaction score
Agreed, Kane really does not make sense to Arsenal. The draw for Kane is the PL proven and he is consistent (at least that is really the only argument I've seen). Oshimen has really burst on the scenes as a goal scoring machine this year (14 goals in 27 games last season isn't lighting the world on fire).

I'd rather Bellingham go to Madrid, although they have Camavinga and Tchouameni.

GowerND11

Reaction score
Xhaka probably off the books this year TBH. So glad to see his redemption arc occur. Bellingham isn't coming to Arsenal, and like mentioned probably doesn't fit our style. Declan Rice would be a great get, though with West Ham staying up that becomes slightly more difficult to do.

I'd love to see Arsenal, selfishly, try to bring back Yunus Musah as well.