Chicago White Sox... The thread.

oddz313

Reaction score
In Detroit we have Trust fund Pizza boy who doesn't seem to spend money even when we just got Miggy off the books. Hopefully that changes soon.

MacIrish75

They scanned my cat. I can play!
Reaction score
In Detroit we have Trust fund Pizza boy who doesn't seem to spend money even when we just got Miggy off the books. Hopefully that changes soon.
At least you have Benetti now. Also you guys are primed to be pretty solid in the next few years. Enjoy.

ozzman

Reaction score
This would be amazing, which means it has no chance of happening

dublinirish

Everestt Gholstonson
Reaction score

drove by the park the other day on the way into town for a work thing, god its an ugly site in an ugly area :/

Irishdawg

Reaction score

My thoughts exactly 🎯

Southside Sully

Reaction score
In my old job we had all the initial plans for the 78's infrastructure and CTA link. I think this or the Bears moving here could be a real possibility. The CTA red line stop was approved as were many initial infrastructure updates. This passes the smell test more than I would think. The south loop has ZERO nightlife, I would imagine they would try to parlay this with an entertainment district, which Jerry is investigating doing with one of the parking lots as it is.

ozzman

Reaction score
In my old job we had all the initial plans for the 78's infrastructure and CTA link. I think this or the Bears moving here could be a real possibility. The CTA red line stop was approved as were many initial infrastructure updates. This passes the smell test more than I would think. The south loop has ZERO nightlife, I would imagine they would try to parlay this with an entertainment district, which Jerry is investigating doing with one of the parking lots as it is.
The goal is to model it on Atlanta. I really hope it happens.

Jiggafini19Deux

What do you hillbillies want?
Reaction score
I’ll Venmo you.
If Jerry wants a new ballpark, he can pay for it himself.

The fact this is even a thing shows how completely warped the situation is. Let's build a new ballpark instead of building a new front office and culture to build a new team that actually wins.

Nah. We'll just hire a bunch of people from the Kansas City Royals and keep squeezing out 90-100 loss turds.

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
GEIsE0pWIAAujng

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
That’s way to gorgeous of a rendition to be possible.
This would be phenomenal. It has a PNC vibe to it for sure.

Problem is the owner would be the same so the team would still suck because he'd have his KC Royals cronies running the team like it was still 1996.

Southside Sully

Reaction score
If Jerry wants a new ballpark, he can pay for it himself.

The fact this is even a thing shows how completely warped the situation is. Let's build a new ballpark instead of building a new front office and culture to build a new team that actually wins.

Nah. We'll just hire a bunch of people from the Kansas City Royals and keep squeezing out 90-100 loss turds.
Exactly the days of Billionaire organizations having tax payers pay for stadiums needs to end its ridiculous

stpeteirish

House Skeptic
Reaction score
Exactly the days of Billionaire organizations having tax payers pay for stadiums needs to end its ridiculous
Believe it or not the cheapest ownership in baseball, the Tampa Bay Rays, are paying for half of their new stadium, which will go for a billion or so.
City and county are splitting the other half.
Key is there's money to be made on the non stadium development surrounding the stadium and the team has control over that.

BobbyMac

Staffer 4 Life
Staff member
Reaction score

Southside Sully

Reaction score
Proud realtor licensed in IL IN MI and have referral partners in Knoxville Chattanooga and Nashville, I have you covered Bobby!

Wild Bill

Reaction score

Incredible. The nerve.

Already texted my state rep. Absolutely no way. Not one nickel.
"Jerry Reinsdorf, the team's chairman traveled to Springfield Tuesday, in search of public funding..."

Like he's pounding the pavement to secure honest funding. 🤣

Old miser drags his sorry ass to Springfield, aiming to swindle taxpayers would be more accurate.

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
Jerry Reinsdorf begging for a billion dollar handout is as American as the game of baseball itself.

F*ck him.

NDFAN2008

Reaction score
Jerry is one of the if not the worst owner in sports. The sox were last in the league in attendance. How about spending money on some good free agents that people want to watch. If he spent the money he would get that back plus more.

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
He's never given a player a contract worth $100M but he's asking for a billion dollars from tax payers for a stadium he doesn't need and can't fill because he's alienated his fan base by decades of nepotism and blowing their recent contender window by hiring his drunk crypt keeper friend to manage the team.

He caught lightning in a bottle in 2005 and had Michael Jordan. Those are his accomplishments.

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
Evidently, it's a fucking acronym.

Fearless, Aggressive, Selfless and Technically sound

Which is actually "FASTS"

Morons. What's an acronym for billionaire owner looking for billion dollar handout? BOLBDH

Southside Sully

Reaction score
I can't believe no one has posted about Cease being traded. Vegas line has now moved to under over 60.5 wins this year. It is so hard being a fan of this team. Yes it was a trade that had to be done and now have 3 of our top 10 prospects from this trade, but it would be nice if this team ever spent and built a team. Rinse and Repeat. I can't wait for the post Reinsdorf era.

NDFAN2008

Reaction score
I can't believe no one has posted about Cease being traded. Vegas line has now moved to under over 60.5 wins this year. It is so hard being a fan of this team. Yes it was a trade that had to be done and now have 3 of our top 10 prospects from this trade, but it would be nice if this team ever spent and built a team. Rinse and Repeat. I can't wait for the post Reinsdorf era.
I think it's a good trade they get two guys who should be in their rotation plus a good young outfielder.