Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'23 OH DE Brenan Vernon (Notre Dame Verbal)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • '23 OH DE Brenan Vernon (Notre Dame Verbal)

    DE
    Mentor, OH
    Mentor HS


    Measurements:
    Height: 6-5
    Weight: 245

    Rankings:
    247 Comp: .. 0.9908 composite, #6 DL, #18 Overall
    247: ............ 94 rating, #8 DL, #39 Overall
    Rivals: ......... 6.0 rating, #9 Overall
    ESPN: .......... 86 Grade, #4 DE, #34 Overall

    Offers:
    Notre Dame
    Ohio State
    West Virginia
    Duke
    Indiana
    Kent State
    Kentucky
    Michigan
    Michigan State
    Nebraska
    Penn State
    Tennessee

    Media Links:

    Twitter = https://twitter.com/brenanvernon

    Hudl = https://www.hudl.com/profile/9576930/Brenan-Vernon

    Highlights:

    <iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/9576930/5dc03b5138638b0e64e7e610' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 08-04-2021, 02:02 PM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
    ND on the board for 2023 with Mentor's Brenan Vernon.

    Has been to campus already.

    Ohio State has not offered. Bill Greene already has a OSU CB down.




    Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post
    It's not just every kid that owns an ND hockey sweater. Not exactly the first choice of token gear that you pick up at the bookstore. Look forward to finishing no. 2.
    I get that, and that is usually what ND has to settle for in Ohio but OSU has really slow played homegrown talent lately. The only visit tweet on his timeline besides ND's is the Michigan one where he was offered two seeks later.

    THIS is close to the level of early ND needs to be on elite talent during their freshmen year.
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 06-06-2021, 06:06 AM.

    Comment


    • #3
      .

      .

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
        .
        I concur

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm assuming that means he's all pOSU.

          Comment


          • #6
            Visiting this weekend for II.

            Comment


            • #7
              Singer has made a couple mentions recently that this is a recruitment we are doing better in that people may realize.

              Comment


              • #8
                ND is really making a run at Brenan. We’ll see if this goes anywhere.

                https://irishsportsdaily.com/forums/1/topics/59677

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hmm, something's happening here.

                  These are 3 names from the Rivals 2023 list
                  Vernon 9
                  Drayk Bowen 16
                  Alex Styles 26

                  These are 3 names from the 247 2023 list
                  Sonny Styles 15
                  Vernon 18
                  Drayk Bowen 25

                  Now sure, Vernon is the kind of guy that OSU often comes in late and locks up, but as said above, Singer, who mentioned Farrell, thinks this Vernon stuff is not perfunctory

                  There is a difference between a pipe dream and when three, count 'em, three top 25 defenders have been on your campus, engaged and being Freemanized and Elstonized, in June even before the middle of June.

                  That great yellow haired recruiting expert, Ric Flair used to say
                  "You wanna be the best you have to beat the best."

                  We're not where we need to be
                  We're not where we want to be
                  we're not where we're going to be

                  But we Are NOT where we were.

                  It's different this time..
                  .

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BrownerandFry View Post
                    Hmm, something's happening here.

                    These are 3 names from the Rivals 2023 list
                    Vernon 9
                    Drayk Bowen 16
                    Alex Styles 26

                    These are 3 names from the 247 2023 list
                    Sonny Styles 15
                    Vernon 18
                    Drayk Bowen 25

                    Now sure, Vernon is the kind of guy that OSU often comes in late and locks up, but as said above, Singer, who mentioned Farrell, thinks this Vernon stuff is not perfunctory

                    There is a difference between a pipe dream and when three, count 'em, three top 25 defenders have been on your campus, engaged and being Freemanized and Elstonized, in June even before the middle of June.

                    That great yellow haired recruiting expert, Ric Flair used to say
                    "You wanna be the best you have to beat the best."

                    We're not where we need to be
                    We're not where we want to be
                    we're not where we're going to be

                    But we Are NOT where we were.

                    It's different this time..
                    .
                    Welcome aboard. Will be interesting to see how this develops.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      CB


                      Mentor football: Highly recruited Brenan Vernon gets 'Bama offer, 'loves' Notre Dame and revisits Ohio State
                      The recruitment of Mentor defensive lineman Brenan Vernon is far from over, but a pecking order might be coming into play.

                      Vernon, a highly ranked rising junior, is spending a big chunk of this month taking unofficial visits to some of the most prestigious college football programs in America.

                      A week ago, Vernon (6-foot-5, 250) visited both Clemson and Alabama, picking up a scholarship offer from Coach Nick Saban's Crimson Tide along the way.

                      This week Vernon is re-visiting Ohio State and Notre Dame, both of which have offered him scholarships.

                      The list of potential suitors for Vernon — ranked five stars by 247sports and four stars by rivals.com — is undoubtedly going to continue to grow. After all, he still has two more years of high school football yet to play.

                      Additionally, official visits will be scheduled sometime next year.

                      But leaders of the pack might be forming.

                      "I'm trying to keep it short and simple — Clemson, Alabama, Ohio State and Notre Dame," Vernon told The News-Herald. "Those (unofficial) visits are going to cap off my summer.

                      "I wouldn't say that's my final four. I'm still working. I haven't picked up (offers from) LSU, Georgia, none of that. But those four are where I'm investing my time right now."

                      Vernon is ranked the 39th overall prospect in America for the class of 2023 by 247sports, as well as the eighth-best defensive lineman in the class and the second overall prospect in Ohio in his class.

                      Rivals.com has him ranked ninth overall in America in his class and the No. 3 strongside linebacker in the land. However, their website has not been updated recently, as the Alabama offer is not listed on their site.

                      The visit to Clemson did not glean a scholarship offer from Coach Dabo Swinney's Tigers. It was a good visit, Vernon said, but he was not as glowing about the prospects of him being a Clemson Tiger.

                      "Great program. Amazing facility," Vernon said. "But I don't think Clemson is the right fit for myself."

                      The next trip, to Tuscaloosa, Ala.? That caught Vernon's eye.

                      After running some sprints and working out for the Alabama staff, Vernon found himself sitting in Saban's office.

                      "Coach Saban goes, 'I already offered you, right?'" Vernon said. "He was checking a paper. They hadn't offered yet so he said, 'Well you're going to have an opportunity to come to Alabama.' He thought they offered me already.

                      "Alabama was awesome. You see how hard-nosed they are. You wonder how they win so many games, then you see how they operate and how relentless they are. What went through my head was how amazing of an opportunity it would be for myself there."

                      The trip to Ohio State, slated for June 22, is a big one in Vernon's eyes, too. It's the first time he has been able to meet with the Ohio State coaches — including celebrated defensive line coach Larry Johnson — since his freshman year.

                      "I'm really excited to get down there and see what Coach J has in store for me, and learning a thing or two from his tutelage," Vernon said.

                      After a brief stop at home, Vernon will head out to South Bend, Ind., for his second trip this month to Coach Brian Kelly's Fighting Irish.

                      "I LOVE Notre Dame," Vernon said. "I love Notre Dame a lot.
                      A lot. A LOT.

                      "I was just out there on June 6. This is my second stop there this month. I enjoyed it enough that I'm going down there again."


                      While Vernon is on his whirlwind tour of Who's Who in College Football, he is working out with his Mentor teammates in hopes for a banner junior year of football.

                      As well as a healthy one.

                      Vernon played his entire freshman year with a torn labrum in his shoulder, which required postseason surgery.

                      Then a year ago amid a COVID-shortened 2020 season, Vernon only played 4 1/2 games because of a foot injury that also required surgery after the season.

                      Vernon said he doesn't ever feel he's at 100 percent — but that's just the competitor in him.

                      "I'll always feel I'm 80 or 90 percent because if I believe I'm 100 percent, that means I've given up on myself and I'm satisfied where I'm at," he said. "I'll never be satisfied. If I'm at 80 or 90 percent, I'm still going to bust my ass, because there's always things you can work on to be better. That's just the inner competitor in me."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Now that's a positive quote.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I think we lead...which is incredible.
                          "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Unless this is all smoke and mirrors I gotta think that ND should be considered the leader here. It feels like the only thing stopping people from calling it like it is, is the idea that OSU gets what OSU wants when it comes to in-state talent.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              He obviously did not like leaving Clemson without an offer. Once you see that 5 star next to your name tough to disagree with that.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Five stars wanna play with five stars. Getting one of these guys on board would really help with the others (bowen, styles, Vernon, Harris, even Montgomery)

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Eleven Warriors staff member Andrew Ellis in response to a poster saying they would be shocked to see Vernon land at ND: "I wouldn't."

                                  Don't know how big of a homer he is but I can say he was extremely dismissive of ND's chances with AJ Harris and was very amused we think we have a shot. Wild to think we might lead for the top two players in Ohio.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post
                                    Eleven Warriors staff member Andrew Ellis in response to a poster saying they would be shocked to see Vernon land at ND: "I wouldn't."

                                    Don't know how big of a homer he is but I can say he was extremely dismissive of ND's chances with AJ Harris and was very amused we think we have a shot. Wild to think we might lead for the top two players in Ohio.
                                    We've done well in Ohio, but not like this.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

                                      We've done well in Ohio, but not like this.
                                      Depending how you look at it, maybe 2016 is equivalent. ND got Ohio's #1 rated player in 2016 = Tommy Kraemer and the #4 player = Liam Eichenberg. But Liam went in the 2nd round ahead of #2 Jonathan Cooper (7th Round) and #3 Demario McCall who is back for his 6th year and looking to find a position where he can get on the field.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Looks like the 3rd Bosa brother. Here's an interview just posted today w/ Eleven Warriors



                                        He seems very careful not to show too much love to OSU when the interviewer repeatedly hints at the Ohio connection

                                        Comment


                                        • #21
                                          Singer said might toss in a FutureCast here but not quite yet

                                          Comment


                                          • #22
                                            Originally posted by DCDomer View Post
                                            Looks like the 3rd Bosa brother. Here's an interview just posted today w/ Eleven Warriors



                                            He seems very careful not to show too much love to OSU when the interviewer repeatedly hints at the Ohio connection
                                            Man he is a good interview! He sounded like an NFL veteran answering those questions.

                                            I interpreted his answers as
                                            1a) ND
                                            1b) BAMA
                                            2)?
                                            3)OSU



                                            Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog!

                                            Comment


                                            • #23
                                              Andrew Ellis of 11W now predicting Vernon to ND

                                              Comment


                                              • #24
                                                Sounds like both Singer and Loy want to see how his OSU visit goes and then could do the same.

                                                Comment


                                                • #25
                                                  Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post
                                                  Andrew Ellis of 11W now predicting Vernon to ND
                                                  Not familiar with any one person at Eleven Warriors but that feels like a massive concession.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • #26
                                                    Watched his tape and he doesn't really flash any pass rush juice, which is what I was kind of expecting to see given his ranking. Definitely a beast against the run and he looks super long. Gonna be a strong SOB in college. Seems like a high floor, run stuffing SDE, top 100 type but maybe not top 25.

                                                    Comment


                                                    • #27
                                                      Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post
                                                      Watched his tape and he doesn't really flash any pass rush juice, which is what I was kind of expecting to see given his ranking. Definitely a beast against the run and he looks super long. Gonna be a strong SOB in college. Seems like a high floor, run stuffing SDE, top 100 type but maybe not top 25.
                                                      DT?

                                                      Comment


                                                      • #28
                                                        Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post
                                                        Andrew Ellis of 11W now predicting Vernon to ND
                                                        Dominos starting to fall.

                                                        Comment


                                                        • #29
                                                          Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post
                                                          Watched his tape and he doesn't really flash any pass rush juice, which is what I was kind of expecting to see given his ranking. Definitely a beast against the run and he looks super long. Gonna be a strong SOB in college. Seems like a high floor, run stuffing SDE, top 100 type but maybe not top 25.
                                                          I agree. Another guy that was very advanced for his age which is why he was ranked as such but might not keep said ranking.

                                                          Comment


                                                          • #30
                                                            Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post
                                                            Andrew Ellis of 11W now predicting Vernon to ND
                                                            OSU fans coming with the “must not be top of our board” stuff in that thread already lol.

                                                            Comment


                                                            • #31

                                                              Comment


                                                              • #32

                                                                Comment


                                                                • #33
                                                                  Seems like the sucknuts are concerned here.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • #34
                                                                    This guy's a character. Seems like 70's NFL film. Guy goes out, runs like a caveman and then heads to the sideline and lights up a Lucky Strike.

                                                                    https://streamable.com/lnszkf

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • #35
                                                                      Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                                                      This guy's a character. Seems like 70's NFL film. Guy goes out, runs like a caveman and then heads to the sideline and lights up a Lucky Strike.

                                                                      https://streamable.com/lnszkf
                                                                      I don't care what anyone says, yelling makes you 7x better at everything.

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • #36
                                                                        Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                                                        This guy's a character. Seems like 70's NFL film. Guy goes out, runs like a caveman and then heads to the sideline and lights up a Lucky Strike.

                                                                        https://streamable.com/lnszkf
                                                                        From the 70's, yeah, I see some Bob Lilly in him.
                                                                        But I would add the 80's, Dan Hampton.

                                                                        He can be quiet on the field. Behind him? Kollie, Sneed, Burnham, Styles and Bowen can handle the chirping.

                                                                        .

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • #37

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • #38
                                                                            Will be interesting to see if Keon’s commitment today will have any impact on Mr. Vernon’s decision timeline…….

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • #39
                                                                              Those yellow vans though.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • #40
                                                                                Gobaira, Kelley, and Vernon in consecutive classes would be so sick.

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                • #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by RockinIrish View Post
                                                                                  Will be interesting to see if Keon’s commitment today will have any impact on Mr. Vernon’s decision timeline…….
                                                                                  Probably not.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                  • #42
                                                                                    Personally, I think Vernon is growing into a Swing DL. He's a large human. 5T/3T type of player. Plus, I don't think he's got the quickness to play on the edge full time but I think he could very well fit into the Big End on early downs and move inside for pass rush situations.

                                                                                    That's a long winded way of saying I think you could fit Keeley, Vernon, and a 3rd DE in the same class. Then also get a true DT/NT.

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                    • #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                                                      Personally, I think Vernon is growing into a Swing DL. He's a large human. 5T/3T type of player. Plus, I don't think he's got the quickness to play on the edge full time but I think he could very well fit into the Big End on early downs and move inside for pass rush situations.

                                                                                      That's a long winded way of saying I think you could fit Keeley, Vernon, and a 3rd DE in the same class. Then also get a true DT/NT.
                                                                                      Notre Dame has hella realistic options when you look beyond Keeley and Vernon. McDowell, Bradley, and Gilbert just to name a few. Plus, who knows what else the Freeman/Elston combo can pull out of their hat.

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                      • #44
                                                                                        Whoa!

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                        • #45
                                                                                          Solid
                                                                                          "Fvck Michigan" - The World

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                          • #46
                                                                                            Whoa. Possibility of landing the top 3 players from Ohio in the 2023 class is real
                                                                                            Last edited by Irish Man3; 06-29-2021, 05:12 PM.

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                            • #47
                                                                                              Hell yeah, lets go! Absolutely massive pick up

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                              • #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by BobbyMac View Post
                                                                                                So sorry Buckeyes

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                • #49
                                                                                                  Massive.


                                                                                                  Im sure staff is enjoying some brews on their D staff retreat Freeman treated about now

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                  • #50
                                                                                                    Neeeeaaaaatttt

                                                                                                    Comment

                                                                                                    Adsense

                                                                                                    Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X