Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'22 IN OL Ashton Craig (Notre Dame Verbal)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '22 IN OL Ashton Craig (Notre Dame Verbal)

OL / DL
    Lawrenceburg, IN
    Lawrenceburg HS

EARLY ENROLLEE

Measurements:
    Height: 6-5
    Weight: 270

R&R's 7-25-20:
    247 Comp: .... 3* ..... #61 OT ..... #701 OA ..... .8627
    247: ............... 3* ..... #49 OT ........................... 87
    Rivals: ........... 3* ..... #64 OT ........................... 5.6
    ESPN: ........... 3* ..... #42 OT ........................... 79

Offers:
    Notre Dame ....... Offered...6-22-21

Iowa ------------ OV - 6-25-21
    Neb ------------- OV - 6-4-21
    Northwestern - OV - 6-11-21
    Vandy ----------- OV - 6-19-21

Yale
    AF
    BC
    Baylor
    Cincy
    Duke
    FSU
    IU
    I State
    Miami U
    MI
    Purdue
    Wake
    Columbia
    Dartmouth
    Penn
    Tulane
    BSU
    BGSU
    CMU
    Coastal Caro
    EMU
    Toledo
    WMU

Media Links:

Instagram = https://www.instagram.com/ashtonc_54/

Twitter = https://twitter.com/AshtonCraig_54

Hudl = . https://www.hudl.com/profile/10771076/Ashton-Craig

Highlights:
    Junior Season = https://www.hudl.com/video/3/1077107...8fbe0a44f2a51d
    Last edited by BobbyMac; 07-25-2021, 05:57 PM.

On campus today.

Umm, I hadn't seen his Jr film. Shame on me. This is an uber athletic dude with serious twitch for 6-5/270. Even if he's 6-4 in cleats, this is pretty impressive stuff. This guy is Jake Taylor quick off the snap.

He's gotten offers from a ton of P5 programs this year. He's heading to OSU next. No idea if ND will be interested (on either side of the ball cuz the DL work is impressive too) but I will be watching him wherever he goes.

Comment

OK this cycle has gotten... interesting?

What's the date on the OV?

Comment

He also cancelled his OV with Vandy this weekend and will visit Michigan instead.

Last edited by BobbyMac; 06-22-2021, 09:18 PM.

Comment

C_...?

Comment

No date in that article, just said next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
              No date in that article, just said next week.

Gotcha. So he's gonna go to MI this weekend, ND during the week and Iowa next weekend.

Maybe an offer gets ND next weekend?

I wish he didn't get his Twitter account suspended

Also of note, after his ND visit, Wiltfong and the Mothership bumped him up 2 pts to an 89. That makes him the #36 OT now, up from #49.

This has Zen Michalski 2.0 written all over it.

Comment

You say he's Jake Taylor quick off the snap, so is he a flex RT/G kinda guy? Or could he pull off the Z Mart LT special?

Comment

Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                  You say he's Jake Taylor quick off the snap, so is he a flex RT/G kinda guy? Or could he pull off the Z Mart LT special?
                  He looks like a tackle to me but I thought Alex Bars was going to replace McG when he left so what do I know?

BTW, I don't think Jake Taylor ever plays a snap of OG/C at OU or Bama.

Comment

Wanna know more about Ashton Craig? Here's his QB's 9:00 highlight. This is how I discovered Kevin Pyne was not who we were told he was.

Craig is #54.

BTW, If Garret Yoon was 6-2, he'd might need an offer. Looks like a great PWO option. His last tweet was from the Navy camp. That's exactly what he looks like in his film.

Comment

This might be the biggest mystery in ND recruiting. I'm not even sure where he is. 247 says he's on an official at ND, Rivals has him on an OV to MI and he got his Twitter account suspended like a lot of prospects prolly cuz of copyright infringements due to music.

One thing I know is... Quinn owns guys who know how to work a baitcaster.

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                        This might be the biggest mystery in ND recruiting. I'm not even sure where he is. 247 says he's on an official at ND, Rivals has him on an OV to MI and he got his Twitter account suspended like a lot of prospects prolly cuz of copyright infringements due to music.

Gotta train your thumb. It's not that hard. People give up too easily and just stick with spinning reels like a child.
                        60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Irishnuke View Post

Gotta train your thumb. It's not that hard. People give up too easily and just stick with spinning reels like a child.
                          And never trust the magnet. That leads to backlash city too.

Comment

Lake Istokpoga, FL.

Comment

Very interesting how the weekend shakes out

Comment

You have to think this is because of them likely running 2nd for Wagner, Taylor, and Brunner…right?

Comment

C_...?
                                  B

Comment

So he got offered as an OC per 247 or Rivals... didn't ask which one.

Freebie from ISD

Comment

Had we made it clear to any other target they were 100% a Center? Hinzman?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post
                                        Had we made it clear to any other target they were 100% a Center? Hinzman?
                                        Originally it was Tanona. Then I heard Hinzman. Of course, last class it was Coogan...

Then there's talk about Patterson back to OC.

Comment

If we are gonna concede somewhere I’d say Hinzman always seemed least likely of the WI guys

Comment

Who's his favorite O Lineman? (Duh)

Good interview, much like Vernon.

Comment

Who doesn't love Q? lol

Comment

Follow up question should've been, "why do you like Quenton Nelson?"

and the answer:

Comment

Saw a video of Q handling his assignment then stops a separate DL after he beat the LT and ultimately saved Rivers life in one play. HoFer
                                                  "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

Driskell seems to think this is a "interesting" offer. Did somthing happen behind the curtains to one of our other targets?
                                                    "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                                                      Saw a video of Q handling his assignment then stops a separate DL after he beat the LT and ultimately saved Rivers life in one play. HoFer
                                                      Being a Colts fan, I've found myself watching Q on almost every play. His head is on a swivel looking to where he can help out. He still runs down the field to help the RB get up.

Comment

Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                                                        Driskell seems to think this is a "interesting" offer. Did somthing happen behind the curtains to one of our other targets?
                                                        probably just the realization that we're not getting any of the recent visitors and we have 2 more spots to fill and only one higher ranked guy (Schrauth) we are leading on.

Comment

Originally posted by stpeteirish View Post

probably just the realization that we're not getting any of the recent visitors and we have 2 more spots to fill and only one higher ranked guy (Schrauth) we are leading on.
                                                          is there still high confidence we lead here?
                                                          Prehistoric

Comment

Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post

is there still high confidence we lead here?
                                                            No info here but I'm going to say there is waning confidence. We should've filled out the OL class by now or at least have a stronger idea of our position. Schrauth has been expected fo the past 2 months and it hasn't happened.

Methinks the OL class is the biggest question mark

Comment

I'm very curious to see if they go to a Donovan Hinish move with the OLine where they take Craig and/or Baer. I hope they don't and make those guys wait on their spots after the big fish have made decisions but we'll see!

Comment

Seems pretty clear we whiffed on Hinzman, Schrauth, or both.

Comment

Seems pretty clear we whiffed on Hinzman, Schrauth, or both.
                                                                  The fact that he's viewed as an inside guy does have me a little more nervous about schrauth.

Comment

Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post

No info here but I'm going to say there is waning confidence. We should've filled out the OL class by now or at least have a stronger idea of our position. Schrauth has been expected fo the past 2 months and it hasn't happened.

Methinks the OL class is the biggest question mark
                                                                    Wisconsin is really putting the instate pressure on the instate kids.

Also, Quinn is no Hiestand.

Comment

Or are these offers (Baer & Craig) to produce movement elsewhere? Like the infamous Jirehl Brock offer to Kyren to finally pull the trigger.

And I got news for everyone, I hope Ashton Craig is in this class over somebody. I still want Billy Schrauth in the class and one OT-only.

Comment

Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post

The fact that he's viewed as an inside guy does have me a little more nervous about schrauth.
                                                                        Right on cue, scrauth cb to UW from the wiscy insider

Comment

If they got eyes on Ashton at the workout and his measurements checked out, assuming they did, then this is a great offer. Kid is very quick and explosive. Has all the athletic traits necessary to be a starting OC at ND.

Comment

I mean, Joe Alt was a 3 star, plan B, project until he wasn’t.

with that said, I’m with Crus and Id like to wait on Baer.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              I have a feeling this will move along pretty quick

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Guys like Carson Hinzman and others I wouldn’t phrase as “whiffs” since we were never expected to land them.

The only whiff would not be getting Schrauth plus flipping the script on just one of them.

The other factor here is it’s almost a lock that someone will earn a offer from camp each year, Craig happens to be one.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post

Right on cue, scrauth cb to UW from the wiscy insider
                                                                                  4 confidence. The word for a while has been Wisconsin has some confidence too. I don’t expect him to have a official announcement but if he did it would be a case at the moment where both sides feel they could be the victor

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by Sea Turtle View Post

WTF does this mean? Have you actually compared Hiestand's classes to Quinn's?

Comment

• #43

- Hiestand had some tough recruiting years

- He also had a year or two where he got lucky late in the cycle, saving a much worse year

- Some of the depth charts look better in retrospect because we remember those guys based on how they ended up developing, not necessarily based on how good they were at that time

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Or are these offers (Baer & Craig) to produce movement elsewhere? Like the infamous Jirehl Brock offer to Kyren to finally pull the trigger.

And I got news for everyone, I hope Ashton Craig is in this class over somebody. I still want Billy Schrauth in the class and one OT-only.
                                                                                        Nah, you’ve got opinions for everyone.

Comment

• #45

Yes all the Top 150 Wisconsin lineman Hiestand landed.

Guys like Joe Brunner most schools just treat as a don’t even bother.

Comment

• #46

It means that Hiestand was going into Ohio and landing guys who Urban Meyer was personally recruiting.
                                                                                            it means that he developed guys like nobody else

Comment

• #47

It means that Hiestand was going into Ohio and landing guys who Urban Meyer was personally recruiting.
                                                                                              Who are the “guys” plural here? Kraemer and Eichenberg?

Comment

• #48

Lol. Go ahead, please provide the data that shows how much better Hiestand was than Quinn, keeping all things equal. I'm going to argue this assertion that Hiestand was a great recruiter is false. He had some big wins but he had a number of big misses and players who didn't develop.

If you're prepared to go down this path, I'm game.

Comment

• #49

Nah, you’ve got opinions for everyone.
                                                                                                  Yep, lots of those Nuke... LOTS & LOTS.

Comment

• #50

Lol. Go ahead, please provide the data that shows how much better Hiestand was than Quinn, keeping all things equal. I'm going to argue this assertion that Hiestand was a great recruiter is false. He had some big wins but he had a number of big misses and players who didn't develop.

If you're prepared to go down this path, I'm game.
                                                                                                    I really don't know why you're being so confrontational. You disagree and that's fair. I'm concerned about the Offensive line to a degree and you're not.
                                                                                                    If we miss out on Schrauth and go 0-3 on the Wisconsin kids, which now appears quite possible, that's a problem to say the least.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X