Gino Guidugli - Quarterbacks Coach

irishandy

Well-known member
Messages
4,526
Reaction score
2,213
Nice to see ND crack the top 10, but I think we are better than #8. I can see ND rising in future lists.
 

irishff1014

Well-known member
Messages
26,849
Reaction score
9,635
This dudes thread needs to be bumped too. If you had anything to do with the recruitment of Riley you should be on the hot as well. 2 years in a row with experienced QB’s and the QB play got worse.

Hope you got a cool seated chair in your office.
 

pumpdog20

Well-known member
Messages
5,244
Reaction score
3,912
Yup, I remember being the only one going after him last year.
 

IrishTusker

Well-known member
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
1,793
We're watching other options from the portal play significantly better. Big questions about evaluating talent, here.
 

irishjim

Well-known member
Messages
285
Reaction score
250
At minimum, I’m a change here. Hartman and Leonard have missed so much
 

IrishLion

I am Beyonce, always.
Staff member
Messages
19,275
Reaction score
11,578
Honestly, I think Gino is getting boxed out on some of the QB decisions. There's context clues here and there between Freeman, Debrock and the NIL/portal dealings that lead me to believe that Gino is essentially developing and dealing with the recruited guys, and is "relegated" to communicating with his guys from the booth on gamedays where he helps spot things for Denbrock.

Not to absolve Gino of the issues with the QB position, but I don't think he's got enough control of the last two seasons to put him on the hot seat, imo.

Recruiting has been relatively good since he arrived, Angeli has always looked ready and capable when given a chance, and Carr looked sharp in the Spring game already.

Maybe I'm just a Cincy apologist, though. #MikeMickensForever
 

Jiggafini19Deux

Minister of Delayed Gratification
Messages
14,612
Reaction score
15,807
Love CJ's decision making.

The one thing we saw Saturday, and I think this is where Gino comes in, is CJ needing to lead his WR a bit more on the deep balls. The 4th down where he missed a wide open TD being the best example. You just HAVE TO hit that throw.

Otherwise, the dirty work is probably being done during the week with Minchey and the other guys in the room. I like having Gino at The Gug. Could be a matter of time before something comes along for him.
 

SportsingHard

Well-known member
Messages
1,417
Reaction score
1,239
Love CJ's decision making.

The one thing we saw Saturday, and I think this is where Gino comes in, is CJ needing to lead his WR a bit more on the deep balls. The 4th down where he missed a wide open TD being the best example. You just HAVE TO hit that throw.

Otherwise, the dirty work is probably being done during the week with Minchey and the other guys in the room. I like having Gino at The Gug. Could be a matter of time before something comes along for him.
You're counting slot fades and such as deep balls? As best I can recall, he seems to overthrow these things more often than he underthrows them.
 

Jiggafini19Deux

Minister of Delayed Gratification
Messages
14,612
Reaction score
15,807
You're counting slot fades and such as deep balls? As best I can recall, he seems to overthrow these things more often than he underthrows them.
He underthrew two on Saturday. One was to Gilbert. I can't remember if the other one was Pauling or Fields. He overshot the 4th down one.

Never said anything about slot fades.
 

SportsingHard

Well-known member
Messages
1,417
Reaction score
1,239
He underthrew two on Saturday. One was to Gilbert. I can't remember if the other one was Pauling or Fields. He overshot the 4th down one.

Never said anything about slot fades.
I see how I wasn't very clear. What I meant was "Are you including fades (along with gos, posts, corners, seams, etc.), or is there some reason you don't think of them as a deep routes even though they're conventionally considered deep routes?"
 

NDWarrior

Well-known member
Messages
3,584
Reaction score
2,715
R.I.P. David Guidugli, father of Gino Guidugli. 🙏



"David was a prominent figure in the Northern Kentucky and Greater Cincinnati sporting community. Although he was a local high school teacher, his discipline, organization, and academic accountability showed his dedication to the job. Before that, he was a standout defensive end for the Northern Kentucky Raiders. Because of his contributions to the game, he was inducted into the Cincinnati Semi-Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2008. But his sporting legacy also spread beyond football."

Prayers Pour in as Notre Dame Coach Loses His Father Before Marcus Freeman’s Season Opener
 
Last edited:
Top