Gameday/Notre Dame for Visitors, and First Timers

Sam Crow

The Young Gun
Reaction score
Im going to the Blue gold game this spring and hopefully making it down to a game next season. im way excited been to a few Irish games before but never in south bend

IRISHinKC

Reaction score
Im going to the Blue gold game this spring and hopefully making it down to a game next season. im way excited been to a few Irish games before but never in south bend

Losing my job set me back a little bit on making it up there for a game.

Reaction score
Note that there is a Five Guys now by the South Joyce parking lot. That has to be including on a must-do list...

Definitely do the players walk, especially if you have a young kid or sibling. They love it and it is a cool experience. If you had to do one thing along with the game, I would choose that.

Canada's "Rudy"

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks

Goshen/Gipper,
Thanks for the info. I would love to be able to come and see a game at Notre Dame with my two boys. Unfortunately, I don't have season tickets. If you know of anyone who would sell (4) tickets to any game in 2010 I would greatly appreciate the help.
All the best for a great 2010 and Go Irsh!!

Canada's "Rudy"

neoroks32

Reaction score
best time time at notre dame is when my friend and i went scalping tickets but it wasnt really scalping because we actually gave deals 2 tickets for $70 when one was $68 it was probably my best day ever!

neoroks32

Reaction score
Goshen/Gipper,
Thanks for the info. I would love to be able to come and see a game at Notre Dame with my two boys. Unfortunately, I don't have season tickets. If you know of anyone who would sell (4) tickets to any game in 2010 I would greatly appreciate the help.
All the best for a great 2010 and Go Irsh!!

Canada's "Rudy"

my grandpa gets 2 tickets to every notre dame home game im not sure about away games but he always sells them even though my whole family is full of huge ND fans

fairkidz

Reaction score
thanks for the info ,i have been to south bend 4 times. my first seeing joe montana my last being just last year. i will be taking my son to his first game this year.

bjohnmwc

Reaction score
Seat Question

Seat Question

Hi....looking to head to ND for the first time.

Question on seating. Do you know which seats are in the sun for the longest time of an afternoon game, and which seats tend to be the best from which to see a game? Bringing my wife and daughter (she'll be 11 mos - gotta start early) and just trying to figure out logistics.

Appreciate any help I can get!

justinpham

Reaction score
The sections across from the press box will get the most sun with the sections right under the press box getting the most shade.

The games will go for about 4 hours so the shade will shift 2-3 sections. As the game (and the season) progresses, more sections will get more shade, starting with the ones west side of the stadium.

Hope you and your family enjoy the game!

NotreDameStadium_all.GIF

justinpham

Reaction score
You'll generally find students anywhere between Sections 28-36.

They're pretty much all sorted by year in school (Seniors, Juniors, etc.)

bjohnmwc

Reaction score
Awesome help guys -- thanks for the seating info!

Another quick question.....does anybody have tips on parking? We've never been out before, so I had planned on doing some of campus on Friday, but what's parking like on Saturday?

I couldn't really care that much about tailgating...thinking more of proximity to stadium since my wife and I will have the stroller to lug around while on campus, but I'd like to be able to ditch it in the car fairly easily before game time.

Thanks!

H

HereComeTheIrish

Unless you've got a parking pass, which can be had in ebay, but cost big bucks, you'll be relegated to White field where it costs if memory serves me $20. You can catch a shuttle at the front of white field which drops you off at the Library oval and that's free, but a pain in the ass come the end of the game. You'll have to walk from there to the stadium.

bjohnmwc

Reaction score
Thanks - I had seen a few different takes on this; some people said lots were open if you got to campus early, but others had mentioned the shuttle bus as an option. I had been looking on the official ND athletic site, and saw that they had map of parking sites. They also said, though, that "all persons, regardless of age, require a ticket for entry" to a game. I have a hard time seeing the need to purchase a ticket for an infant (less than a year old in Sept when we are thinking of going) who will spend the game in either my or my wife's arms....gulp! I may call ND for clarification on that one....

H

HereComeTheIrish

Thanks - I had seen a few different takes on this; some people said lots were open if you got to campus early, but others had mentioned the shuttle bus as an option. I had been looking on the official ND athletic site, and saw that they had map of parking sites. They also said, though, that "all persons, regardless of age, require a ticket for entry" to a game. I have a hard time seeing the need to purchase a ticket for an infant (less than a year old in Sept when we are thinking of going) who will spend the game in either my or my wife's arms....gulp! I may call ND for clarification on that one....

We've had that discussion before and I can tell you with much certainty.... "every person" entering the stadium must be ticketed. No exceptions

Also, on the getting to campus early thing, it won't matter. Unless you've got a hang tag to get you into a specific lot, you're out of luck. You'll be sent to White Lot.

bjohnmwc

Reaction score
That's totally helpful.....I could see myself making plans, buying two tickets, and then getting to the gate only to find out that I need 3.

Do you happen to have any idea how far the walk is from the White Lot to the stadium? I know that they have shuttles running from the lot to the library prior to game time, but I wasn't sure if the shuttles ran from campus back to the lot before the game.

Just wondering about the feasibility of bringing a stroller onto campus, walking around in the AM, and then getting the stroller back to the car should we park in one of the lots as opposed to dropping the big bucks on a Joyce lot parking pass.

Thanks!

bjohnmwc

Reaction score
Getting pumped. Have tix to the Purdue game, got a hotel, getting a rental.

Dumb question re: parking. I've looked at purchasing a game day pass for parking at the Eddy Street Commons...any idea what time I'd have to get my car to the lot to be set prior to game time? I know that traffic patterns and things change on Game Day....has anyone ever parked there, or know anything about parking there?

bert2834

Best Bert EVER!!!!
Reaction score
Not sure if it was in this thread or not, but I remember reading on this site that you can buy the tickets that are returned from the visiting team on gameday.

Is that true?
Where do I buy them?
What time does it open?

Thanks!!

bjohnmwc

Reaction score
Und.com was/is selling some tickets themselves...that way you know the tix are legit. They started a while back, so I gon't know what's currently left, but alumni find out about their tix on 7/7 so there may be more up soon.

NDgettysburg

Hockey Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Note that there is a Five Guys now by the South Joyce parking lot. That has to be including on a must-do list...
Oh man, that is some awesome news....so long Huddle, hello 5 Guys!

Another quick question.....does anybody have tips on parking? We've never been out before, so I had planned on doing some of campus on Friday, but what's parking like on Saturday?
If you can get a room at Sacred Heart Parish Center (old dorm rooms, $50/night), you get a hang tag and park in their lot. Short walk around the lake to the campus. Or, as we just about always do, park at St. Mary's College. It's not too bad of a walk to campus (alot of it is on a slight downhill grade...or course going back, it's uphill, hehe).

Polish Leppy 22

Reaction score
My girlfriend this past weekend (not I) brought up the idea of going out to South Bend for a game this season. Neither of us has ever been and really want to do it.

Any ideas for a young couple in their mid 20's in regards to best places to stay? I checked local hotels and craigslist and it didn't look too promising. Tickets we can do, but we can't drop $500 or $600 just to lay our heads down at night.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated!

H

HereComeTheIrish

My girlfriend this past weekend (not I) brought up the idea of going out to South Bend for a game this season. Neither of us has ever been and really want to do it.

Any ideas for a young couple in their mid 20's in regards to best places to stay? I checked local hotels and craigslist and it didn't look too promising. Tickets we can do, but we can't drop $500 or $600 just to lay our heads down at night.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated!

Check out Elkhart, Indiana. It's 15 miles east of campus, Exit 92 off of the Indiana Turnpike. The rooms are a bit more affordable, they tend to be cleaner, and there are a lot of places to eat and you're not fighting the crowds to do it. We typically stay at the Ramada, Holiday Inn Express, Comfort Inn or Jamison which are right off of the expressway. Hopefully this will help you out. Good luck!

HCTI

IrishTimer

Banned
Reaction score
Check out Elkhart, Indiana. It's 15 miles east of campus, Exit 92 off of the Indiana Turnpike. The rooms are a bit more affordable, they tend to be cleaner, and there are a lot of places to eat and you're not fighting the crowds to do it. We typically stay at the Ramada, Holiday Inn Express, Comfort Inn or Jamison which are right off of the expressway. Hopefully this will help you out. Good luck!

HCTI

That or Mishwaka as well.

H

HereComeTheIrish

You betcha... It's a great alternative to paying $400 a night for a shit hotel in SB...

mrmiller8

Reaction score
First Time poster

First Time poster

First time poster here and will be a consistent poster. Trying to get my ND football fix now that I'm out in the real world....meaning not in college anymore and I have to sit in an office 8 hours a day. Live in Jacksonville Florida and no longer in Indiana and this is the one thing I miss.

DomeisourHome

Reaction score
Yeah Elkhart is the route we always go. We stay at the Holiday Inn Express and it's only like $160 dollars and very clean.