Who Stays who goes?

BeatSC

Reaction score
Wanting to move on from that shit show I thought I would bring up a topic looking to the future.

- Who are we going to ask back?
- Who is going to leave and where are they going?
- Can we get a decent CB or Safety who wants to play every game?

NDFAN2008

Reaction score
ND needs to do whatever they can to land the transfer safety from Northwestern then they need to probally bring in 1-2 WR's from the transfer portal and 1 or 2 more DB's for depth

T-Boone

Reaction score
My predictions:
Going:
Austin
Foskey (but at least he turned up for the bowl game)
Lenzy
Wilkins
Numerous back up DBs
Baker (he should be a starter somewhere)

Staying:
Avery Davis
Jayson Ademilola

ThePiombino

The OG "TP"
Reaction score
Would you guys rather:

Keep Foskey, but lose Austin and Lenzy

or

Lose Foskey, but keep Austin and Lenzy

Some serious Sophie's Choice shit right there.

BeatSC

Reaction score
Option 1.

Concur, while Austin could be in for a better season next year Lenzy is just keeping a better receiver off the field. Without that one big jet sweep against usc as a freshman he has almost been a liability. I would like Austin and Foskey to stay but don’t really GAS about Lenzy. He can go to some MAC team. Maybe UMASS.

BeatSC

Reaction score
Option 1 Patterson
option 2 Austin
option 3 Foskey

pick one

IrishLax

Something Witty
Staff member
Reaction score
Even given our putrid WR depth? I mean I tend to agree, but curious what your reasoning is.

I think if you can keep Styles in the fold and get one good transfer // develop one young player like Colzie then their production can be replaced easier.

IrishLax

Something Witty
Staff member
Reaction score
Option 1 Patterson
option 2 Austin
option 3 Foskey

pick one

1. Patterson + the rest of the line returning with some seasoning would have the makings of a great line.

ThePiombino

The OG "TP"
Reaction score
Cam Smith had a receiving touchdown, Book’s first TD pass.
Lol I hear ya, but they were seemingly better options than walk-ons at the time yet were largely unimpactful grad transfers, no? Unless the next Chris Finke or two are on the roster, I don't see how we can't take two birds in hand in terms of returning WR experience and production.

clashmore_mike

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
[TWEET]https://twitter.com/PeteSampson_/status/1477722603393409028[/TWEET]

EvilleIrish

Reaction score
Yep. Ohio State is going to murder us. Absolute worst case scenario the last few days.

CanadalovesND

Reaction score
Austin needed to come back. Foskey,
too. But there is more depth at DE than WR.

hopefully the ademilola twins return. Mills can kick out to Big End, Botelho and Justin Ademilola can work the Vyper position

Dale

Reaction score
If the Portal is truly free agency and some here don’t think much of Austin anyways, his departure likely gives the staff freedom to basically get the best possible WR now. With Austin returning and Styles seemingly in line to be no lower than our #1 and #2 WR, I could see bringing in the right WR a tough balancing act. With Austin gone, they should go out and get a legit WR1 or WR2 with zero qualms

EvilleIrish

Reaction score
Are they able to get these portal guys in time for spring practice? Not sure how that works.