What stadium would you wanna go to?

Clausen2Kamara

Tenuta Time!!!
Reaction score
I saw this on the rivals main board and thought it was an interesting question. The three home games I'd like to see are.

1.Florida, always have wanted to see what "The Swamp" is like during gameday.

2. Michigan, though I've so close, I never got the chance to see a home game in The Big House, my dad says its definetely electric so I'm def gonna go there.

3. Toss up btw LSU crazy loud fans and Tennesee. LSU has crazy loud fans as we heard at the Sugar Bowl and I also heard that they can drink with the best of em. Tennesee b/c of their fight song and b/c their fans always seem 2 be really nice when they come 2 ND.

BTW, I've been 2 THe Colisium several times and it is an absolute dump.

leprechaun4life

Reaction score
I've been wanting to tour all of the Major Stadiums for a while. Definately the Swamp, the Big House, All of the SEC, and a couple others, maybe even risk death and enter Columbus.

Clausen2Kamara

Tenuta Time!!!
Reaction score
I've been wanting to tour all of the Major Stadiums for a while. Definately the Swamp, the Big House, All of the SEC, and a couple others, maybe even risk death and enter Columbus.

lol. Yeah, I'd like 2 get out to the Shoe too even though I absloutely HATE their fans!

notredomer23

Staph Member
Reaction score
I was like4 miles away from Rutgers stadium or w/e when they beat louisville. No joke,4miles away and i could hear the celebration. I hate being in Rutgers fans backyard.

Irishknight1023

LeBron James of VC
Reaction score
I know this is off topic but it's the only thread that will let me post...alot of threads won't send my replies because it takes forever to load...is anybody having a problem?

notredomer23

Staph Member
Reaction score
nope maybe if you have wireless dsl go closer to the server/ internet station. That works for me

IRISHDODGER

Blue Chip Recruit
Reaction score
I saw this on the rivals main board and thought it was an interesting question. The three home games I'd like to see are.

1.Florida, always have wanted to see what "The Swamp" is like during gameday.

2. Michigan, though I've so close, I never got the chance to see a home game in The Big House, my dad says its definetely electric so I'm def gonna go there.

3. Toss up btw LSU crazy loud fans and Tennesee. LSU has crazy loud fans as we heard at the Sugar Bowl and I also heard that they can drink with the best of em. Tennesee b/c of their fight song and b/c their fans always seem 2 be really nice when they come 2 ND.

BTW, I've been 2 THe Colisium several times and it is an absolute dump.

I caught ND's last game at Knoxville when they suprisingly beat UT in Ty's final season. You're right...they're fans were pretty classy. Maybe I was sitting in a tame area w/o many drunks, but from my perspecitve they were very nice & respectful. The thing I respect most about them is that they never lose hope. They sing "Rocky Top" just as loud when they're getting their ass kicked as when they're blowing someone out. I was expecting them to be pompous haters, but i was glad to have been proven wrong.

As far as LSU, from what I've heard they drink EVERYONE under the table.

stonebreakerwasgod

LMI steals vbucks
Reaction score
How could you possibly go to OSU, Florida, or UM, and put up with all those ND hatin' mofos????

Sounds darnright unamerican to me. :)

leprechaun4life

Reaction score
How could you possibly go to OSU, Florida, or UM, and put up with all those ND hatin' mofos????

Sounds darnright unamerican to me. :)

I want to go there because of the history and tradition. Being a ND fan, I want to see what the other traditional powers look like. I want to see UM because of how its built, and there are more places I want to see, I just couldn't think of them.

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Reaction score
1.) No brainer... Notre Dame St.

2.) Ole Miss or Miss St. at night for the egg bowl...

only other one I am dying to go to is the Rose Bowl and I've already been so...

H

HereComeTheIrish

Camper, your first game will be with me, my bro, Tommy and you. I'm gonna start working on it. You two guys are by far the most deserving guys I've talked to on these boards that have never been. Next time I get a couple of spares, you guys are our guests.

ACamp1900

Reaction score
Camper, your first game will be with me, my bro, Tommy and you. I'm gonna start working on it. You two guys are by far the most deserving guys I've talked to on these boards that have never been. Next time I get a couple of spares, you guys are our guests.

listen to this guy!! Thanks buddy... meeting you and tommy would be the shit!

ACamp1900

Reaction score
I forgot.

me hcti and tommy way back a bit... Svo and Marv would be high on that list as well, Jigg too and I'm sure others I'm forgetting... you're high up there for a newbie... (yep, still a newbie)... but tom and hcti are prob the tops there... what can I say...

IRISHDODGER

Blue Chip Recruit
Reaction score

I saw Florida play Ole Miss in Oxford the year they won their 1st NC ('96 I believe). The Grove is a great place to tailgate especially when the players make their way from the lockerroom to the stadium. They walk right thru the tailgaters at the Grove as the fans form a reception line & cheer.

One of my best friends attended an Egg Bowl where he & his roomate painted their faces & chests w/ Ole Miss colors. They were hammered at the time, so they didn't realize that Sports Illustrated snapped their picture for their rivalry in college f'bal article....not until they saw it in the mag that is!

irishunclebill

Reaction score
Any big time program where the stadium is on campus is probably worthwhile to go to just for the experience. I have been to five of the on campus stadiums, and ND with all of the pageantry and tradition is by far the best of them. USC and the Coliseum is by far the worst of my group.

Second place goes to Death Valley where it's not the football team marching to the stadium that's the highlight. Next would be Beaver Stadium at PSU, and then UGA, which is also a great place for a game but way too overcrowded on campus. Like I said USC is the worst, even on ND game day, nothing much is happening on campus. You end up just waiting outside the Coliseum until the gates open, then go into the worst stadium of the lot as well. The acoustics are terrible, and even if you have decent seats, the view is poor because all of the seating is so far from the field. It also does not help the experience when your team seldom wins there, but maybe 2008 will be the year.

I have not been to Columbus, Ann Arbor, or East Lansing, but just about everyone I know who is an ND fan who has been tells me it's pretty barbaric at all three places.

BTW, the worst place by far for a college game (especially if you are an ND fan) of all of them is not an on-campus stadium. Anybody want to guess where I am talking about.

PADOMERNUT

Reaction score
I went to the Sugar Bowl, and after spending time with LSU fans, I would never step foot in the God-forsaken stadium with those people....

irishunclebill

Reaction score
I went to the Sugar Bowl, and after spending time with LSU fans, I would never step foot in the God-forsaken stadium with those people....

The Sugar Bowl is another terrible place to watch a football game, plus I had the misfortune of watching the Eagles lose there in the 1981 Super Bowl, then again this year in the playoffs, along with the ND/LSU debacle, so I do not have fond memories of the place.

On the other hand, New Orleans itself is a different story, ahh!

Last edited:

scooper

Cincy Bail Bonds
Reaction score
I've always wanted to see UNC's stadium. It just strikes me as a nice stadium with a neat setting.

I'd love to go to an AFA game at Colorado Springs.

I've been to a game in an ND hat in Columbus.....brutal. I'd like to return there, with a crop duster loaded with soapy water so I can bathe those dirty classless neanderthals.

irishunclebill

Reaction score
I've always wanted to see UNC's stadium. It just strikes me as a nice stadium with a neat setting.

I'd love to go to an AFA game at Colorado Springs.

I've been to a game in an ND hat in Columbus.....brutal. I'd like to return there, with a crop duster loaded with soapy water so I can bathe those dirty classless neanderthals.

That's why I really have no desire to go to Columbus. I had the misfortune of being around the OSU people in Tempe for the Fiesta Bowl, and it is the worst group of opposing fans that I have ever been around, much worse than the USC crowd, although the USC lack of hate probably has more to do with that SoCal thing.

The worst place of all is the Orange Bowl, terrible stadium, terrible fans, terrible neighborhood, all of which is why ND refuses to play Miami anymore. However, there is hope for a possible repeat of Catholics vs. Convicts because Shalala is pushing hard to move Miami home games to Dolphin Stadium, which is even further away from the campus on the Dade/Broward county line. Half of the Miami students are fighting it because it is so far way from campus, and the other half supports it because the Orange Bowl sucks so bad. In the end, Shalala will win, because money talks, and the Hurricane alumni support the move. So maybe starting in 2010, there is a possibility of reviving the ND/Miami series.

BigIrish

Reaction score
I have not been to Columbus, Ann Arbor, or East Lansing, but just about everyone I know who is an ND fan who has been tells me it's pretty barbaric at all three places.

BTW, the worst place by far for a college game (especially if you are an ND fan) of all of them is not an on-campus stadium. Anybody want to guess where I am talking about.

i was at the Big House two years ago when Weis and Co. shocked the mighty wolverines. i honestly feared for my well-being in the stands, and i'm a respectful fan that acts like a guest in an opponent's stadium.

the Big House sucks. yeah, it's huge, and it's worth going if only to see what 100,000 people in one location looks like. but they pack it in. if you think ND's seating is tight, it's got nothing on the Big House. also, there's a gated concourse that bottle necks the foot traffic, since you walk straight from the concourse into the stadium. there's no bathrooms in the stadium. we arrived at the stadium 20 minutes before kick off, and stood in line to get into the stadium until half way through the first quarter.

i've been to MSU's stadium a billion times. much more accessible, and it's more comfortable to watch a game there. the fans are considerably more obnoxious, though. i was at the night game several years back when Bob Davie took the Irish in there and gave up 45 points in the first half. brutal. I was also in MSU stadium last fall when the Irish came back in the fourth quarter in the midst of a monsoon. glorious.

I'll be disappointed if i never see the horseshoe, and i'd love to make a game at UT....