What music are you listening to?

pkt77242

IPA Man
Reaction score
Tonight it is All Along the Watchtower. Dave Matthews Band, Hendrix, Hodges, Pearl Jam, and Bob Dylan.

Some Irish Bloke

Five foot nothin', a hundred and nothin'
Reaction score
Any RHCP fans? Got all the way through their new album that was released at the beginning of the month; it's currently #1 on the top 200 billboard.

It is definitely their best album since Stadium Arcadium in 2006 and it's not a coincidence that John Frusciante returning to the group is a major reason why.

Still doesn't transcend their work in the 90s and early 00s but a breath of fresh air after their last two albums were pretty major duds. The first third of the album is just okay, but there are some really solid tracks from the middle of the album on.

Going to see them in August with The Strokes here in Detroit, cannot wait for that concert.

GowerND11

Reaction score
I recently took a new teaching job. Moved from teaching at a juvenile facility in the middle of a state forest, to teaching at a Vo-Tech in my town 6 blocks from my house. My students, to my surprise are really enjoying when I play some 90s rock in the background while they are doing a project. Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Temple of the Dog, Toadies, Gin Blossoms, you name it.

Irish2155

Reaction score
You get a Chevy in the park, and it’s raining in the dark, but meantime,…

IRISHDODGER

Blue Chip Recruit
Reaction score
Saw Robert Earl Keen a week ago on his farewell tour. Hate that he’s getting off the road. Maybe the road doesn’t go on forever and the party does eventually end.

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
May have run across this on here years ago. YouTube always has it on deck for me.

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
Get ready to hear this in countless hype videos this season and maybe have the theme lifted for national broadcasts like that Silver Scraps instrumental was for College Gameday.

IMO, the best current music act since they came out in 2015.

Loved the Depeche Mode reference which is perfect for sports theme:

Good game
Pump fame
Reach out
Touch fame

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
Woah... what happened to this thread? A National treasure... lost.

INLaw

Reaction score
Get ready to hear this in countless hype videos this season and maybe have the theme lifted for national broadcasts like that Silver Scraps instrumental was for College Gameday.

IMO, the best current music act since they came out in 2015.

Loved the Depeche Mode reference which is perfect for sports theme:

Good game
Pump fame
Reach out
Touch fame

I dont get it

Jiggafini19Deux

Clam Bakes and Shitty Takes
Reaction score

Devan Glover is the female vocalist.

Her voice stops me dead in my tracks.

Last edited:

Greenore

Reaction score
PRIDE, TRADITION, FIGHT and LEADERSHIP BY EXAMPLE!!

For the Lads and Lassies...

Beat UNC!!!!!

Cheers and Go Irish!!

bkess8

Rees Must Go!
Staff member
Reaction score
Been listening to a lot of Fleetwood Mac lately, reminds me of my mother as I think of her often since she is battling cancer! Not sure there is a better singer than Stevie Nicks!

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
This is SO much more advanced than where the Beetles were at in '64. The future members of the Doors obviously were listening.

Go a Pearl Jam show and you'll get this feel with Boom Gaspar on his Hammond.

IRISHDODGER

Blue Chip Recruit
Reaction score
This is SO much more advanced than where the Beetles were at in '64. The future members of the Doors obviously were listening.

Go a Pearl Jam show and you'll get this feel with Boom Gaspar on his Hammond.

JAmes Leighton is one of the best follows on Twitter. Always has great clips to share.

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score
This has been a pre-Thanksgiving tradition in our household. Family comes over on Wednesday nights, we have a few drinks as the women prepare food for turkey day, and inevitably we end up singing We've Got Tonight. It gets loud. Going 10 years strong now. Don't judge us.

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
This has been a pre-Thanksgiving tradition in our household. Family comes over on Wednesday nights, we have a few drinks as the women prepare food for turkey day, and inevitably we end up singing We've Got Tonight. It gets loud. Going 10 years strong now. Don't judge us.

Hopefully we find out we're related on 23&Me so I can bring over the 6 string and join in.

I won't mind if we sing both sides of Stranger in Town.

It's amazing that Stranger in Town was what 6th graders listened to in '78. "Pop" music of my youth has survived very well... even the friggin Bee Gee's. Can't imagine the pop garbage of the past 15 years will do the same.

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score
Hopefully we find out we're related on 23&Me so I can bring over the 6 string and join in.

I won't mind if we sing both sides of Stranger in Town.

It's amazing that Stranger in Town was what 6th graders listened to in '78. "Pop" music of my youth has survived very well... even the friggin Bee Gee's. Can't imagine the pop garbage of the past 15 years will do the same.
I was born in '82, but I don't listen to anything made after '99 personally. I mostly listen to Classic Rock, but I also delve into '60s and 90s with some other genres. I'm sure Gen Z will still listen to today's garbage since it'll be nostalgic for them, but I can't imagine that music survives as well as the classics have.

INLaw

Reaction score
I was born in '82, but I don't listen to anything made after '99 personally. I mostly listen to Classic Rock, but I also delve into '60s and 90s with some other genres. I'm sure Gen Z will still listen to today's garbage since it'll be nostalgic for them, but I can't imagine that music survives as well as the classics have.
I may add the exception of bands that were around before 1999 that released more recent stuff too as things I am willing to listen to.

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Reaction score
Why you share all those Taylor Swift songs on social media then???

ACamp1900

Reaction score
I already shared this with Ulk,… my wife and I rotate these two songs so that they will play when we say, ‘Alexa, play our song.’ We then proceed to grind up against each other and dance around all early 90s style making both our parents and children equally embarrassed:

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score
I already shared this with Ulk,… my wife and I rotate these two songs so that they will play when we say, ‘Alexa, play our song.’ We then proceed to grind up against each other and dance around all early 90s style making both our parents and children equally embarrassed:

I share the sentiments of your family!

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score

You could've posted some Keith Sweat and not outed yourself.

Of course if Keith sang your song, you'd have 11 kids.

ACamp1900

Reaction score
Only cuz you’ve never seen me do the kid n play,…
Revisiting this,… lol.

My oldest has her annoying friends over and I frankly want them all gone,… ‘Alexa, play Color Me Bad’ and I start dancing around with my Kid N Play from House Party moves,…. Every teenager in a square mile left,… and it’s nice and quiet in the ACamp house again.

Last edited: