USC & UCLA to the Big Ten

Dale

Reaction score
Whispers popping up on the message boards. Cryptic tweets from media (Fox).

Last edited:

GATTACA!

It's about to get gross
Reaction score
itysl-whattheheck.gif

Pops Freshenmeyer

Reaction score
My first reaction was, "UCLA? Why?" But then I started thinking about alternatives for a 2nd poachable target, and realized how dogshit that conference is from top to bottom. Woof.
Washington would have seemed like a fit but maybe they won't/can't leave WSU.

Irishnuke

CFB Message Board Guy
Reaction score
Can’t wait to see Utah State and Hawaii joins the PAC-shit

tussin

I hate freedom
Reaction score
My first reaction was, "UCLA? Why?" But then I started thinking about alternatives for a 2nd poachable target, and realized how dogshit that conference is from top to bottom. Woof.
Obvious choice is Stanford if you are considering athletic programs as a whole.

Dale

Reaction score

A blue check mark has finally said it out loud

irishnd31

Not just a pretty face
Reaction score
This was a joke but if I’m a Oregon commit I’m asking what channel am I playing on? Who are we playing and taking serious pause over being in the “Pac 12”
Agree 100%.

SaltyND24

Reaction score
Definitely understand it's a money grab, but Jesus...outside of football, makes next to no sense for the other sports as you alluded to. The traveling costs for those other sports is gonna be nutty.

Polish Leppy 22

Reaction score
Wow. I would've had money on USC going independent before going Big Ten. That bad conference is about to be awful.

ab2cmiller

Troublemaker in training
Reaction score
Wonder what a Big Ten USC out of conference schedule would look like. I’m assuming they would prefer to stay close to home because they are about to rack up some serious airline miles.

IrishLion

I am Beyonce, always.
Staff member
Reaction score
This would be the move that officially spurs the move to "Super Conferences" right?

The remainder of the Pac12 could combine with the new Big XII, so on and so forth.

Whiskeyjack

Mittens Margaritas Ante Porcos
Staff member
Reaction score
Obvious choice is Stanford if you are considering athletic programs as a whole.
As Pops mentioned above, I don't think Stanford cares enough about TV revenue to deal with the headaches that switching conferences would entail. They haven't even figured out the early signing period yet.

Pops Freshenmeyer

Reaction score
This would be the move that officially spurs the move to "Super Conferences" right?

The remainder of the Pac12 could combine with the new Big XII, so on and so forth.
So who are the biggest schools/brands/whatevers outside the SEC and B1G?

Notre Dame
Clemson
Miami
Florida State
North Carolina
West Virginia
BYU
Oregon
Washington
Stanford

That's definitely a lesser group than you'll find within those two conferences.

I think the real fun begins when the SEC starts wondering why schools like Mississippi State or Vanderbilt have seats at their table.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
Regardless of travel, location, etc., it's all about the money. They wouldn't be looking to make the move if the additional revenue wasn't significant.

Also keep in mind that in order to join the B1G a school has to be a research institution first and foremost.