UFOs, Paranormal, Pseudoscience Thread

Lberry

Banned
Reaction score
You know this because?

Seems like a logical explanation to me. Far more likely than a UFO.

Common sense. When's the last time we've seen 100 cop cars rush to a scene? Las Vegas shooting? Serious question.

And again, if this was a shooting the media would be having a heyday with it in a Republican state. This isn't a political opinion it's a fact.

NDRock

Reaction score
Common sense. When's the last time we've seen 100 cop cars rush to a scene? Las Vegas shooting? Serious question.

And again, if this was a shooting the media would be having a heyday with it in a Republican state. This isn't a political opinion it's a fact.
A call for a suspected mass shooting in a large city will always get a huge response. The reason it wasn't on the news was because it was a false alarm. I'm on the fire side of emergency services. False calls happen all the time. They don't make the news. I know there is no way you will believe this so I'm wasting my time.

Lberry

Banned
Reaction score
A call for a suspected mass shooting in a large city will always get a huge response. The reason it wasn't on the news was because it was a false alarm. I'm on the fire side of emergency services. False calls happen all the time. They don't make the news. I know there is no way you will believe this so I'm wasting my time.

I do if you can tell me you you see 100 cop car responses on the regular?

Note I'm the only one who hasn't reached a conclusion (I have no idea what it was), only you have - somehow knowing what happened and that it was a false alarm.

NDRock

Reaction score

Note I'm the only one who hasn't reached a conclusion (I have no idea what it was), only you have - somehow knowing what happened and that it was a false alarm.
I've not reached a conclusion, only indicated that it's not abnormal for LE to send a large response to a type of call such as a reported active shooter. You're the one who reached the conclusion that that explanation is "not possibly true". I don't work in a city anywhere near the size of Miami so we would not have "100 cops" responding immediately to a scene. We would have every available unit. Happens, not infrequently. Miami is very large so instead of the 10 units in my city, you would get a much larger response. Again, I know you will never believe it. I'm sure you can get the 911 tapes from that night. It's all public record.

RipWheeler

Train Conductor
Reaction score

You are correct in that it is not the normal response. However these teen takeovers have morphed into lawlessness that include looting, rioting and violent assaults. The quickest way to diffuse the situation is with an overwhelming police presence.

NDRock

Reaction score
From the Miami PD, courtesy of the Miami Herald:

WHAT TRIGGERED THE LARGE POLICE RESPONSE?

On the night of New Year’s Day, 911 callers reported hearing what they thought were gunshots at Bayside Marketplace, 401 Biscayne Blvd., Officer Michael Vega, a police spokesman, told the Miami Herald earlier this week. The incorrectly reported gunshots were 50 or so juveniles shooting fireworks at people, with some looting also occurring, police said in its Friday video. Police called a city-wide emergency as officers already at Bayside were not able to contain the situation. That alert, called a “City-wide 3”, tells all active officers in the city to respond to the incident location.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/lo...own-miami/article283915348.html#storylink=cpy

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
From the Miami PD, courtesy of the Miami Herald:

WHAT TRIGGERED THE LARGE POLICE RESPONSE?

On the night of New Year’s Day, 911 callers reported hearing what they thought were gunshots at Bayside Marketplace, 401 Biscayne Blvd., Officer Michael Vega, a police spokesman, told the Miami Herald earlier this week. The incorrectly reported gunshots were 50 or so juveniles shooting fireworks at people, with some looting also occurring, police said in its Friday video. Police called a city-wide emergency as officers already at Bayside were not able to contain the situation. That alert, called a “City-wide 3”, tells all active officers in the city to respond to the incident location.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/lo...own-miami/article283915348.html#storylink=cpy
LBerry, your thoughts on this?

Lberry

Banned
Reaction score
LBerry, your thoughts on this?
I think it moves to the most likely situation. Just because the media says something it's obviously not auto true, but this at least makes sense and spells out some detail?

What still doesn't make sense to me -

I still think it's weird the MSM didn't report on "false alarm" given the scale of the police response. Seems like it'd be good to spend 60 seconds saying "wold scene but everything is ok".

And shutting down the airspace wouldn't be the first thing put in motion, so why did that happen if dozens of cops got there and realized it was nothing?

IrishLion

I am Beyonce, always.
Staff member
Reaction score
I think it moves to the most likely situation. Just because the media says something it's obviously not auto true, but this at least makes sense and spells out some detail?

I still think it's weird the MSM didn't report on "false alarm" given the scale of the police response. Seems like it'd be good to spend 60 seconds saying "wold scene but everything is ok".

And shutting down the airspace wouldn't be the first thing put in motion, so why did that happen if dozens of cops got there and realized it was nothing?

Well it wasn't "nothing," it was a bunch of teens fighting and shooting fireworks at eachother. Probably don't want media helicopters in the airspace with fireworks going off.

Lberry

Banned
Reaction score
Well it wasn't "nothing," it was a bunch of teens fighting and shooting fireworks at eachother. Probably don't want media helicopters in the airspace with fireworks going off.
I suppose but still seems over the top. But if I'm the only one who thinks the response is heavy handed and weird the media didn't address it briefly, I'll shut up about it.

RipWheeler

Train Conductor
Reaction score

Lberry,

I covered why the airspace would be shut down. LE isn’t going to know right away, upon arrival, that it isn’t an active shooter scenario. Also, I guarantee LE assets were in the air and they wanted to prevent a potential collision. Keeping it closed while dealing with a mass gathering is also an officer safety issue.

TorontoGold

Mr. Dumb Moron
Reaction score
I suppose but still seems over the top. But if I'm the only one who thinks the response is heavy handed and weird the media didn't address it briefly, I'll shut up about it.
So your point is that the media didn't address it hard enough? Despite it trending on all social media sites? If they were trying to suppress the story with a coordinated effort (you know, among numerous news companies and all levels of the government) you think it would be allowed to trend all over social media? I have a buddy who's a producer at a major network, I can promise you that there isn't some globalist alliance with each employee at news networks to hide something as news worthy as ALIENS.

Why isn't the local cable channel carrying more coverage on the fireworks being shot in florida!! Is xyz media covering for....the aliens!? Who knows!

Lberry

Banned
Reaction score
So your point is that the media didn't address it hard enough? Despite it trending on all social media sites? If they were trying to suppress the story with a coordinated effort (you know, among numerous news companies and all levels of the government) you think it would be allowed to trend all over social media? I have a buddy who's a producer at a major network, I can promise you that there isn't some globalist alliance with each employee at news networks to hide something as news worthy as ALIENS.

Why isn't the local cable channel carrying more coverage on the fireworks being shot in florida!! Is xyz media covering for....the aliens!? Who knows!
I'll answer your book with a word - Yes.

It only trended on twitter/X, the free speech site.

NDRock

Reaction score
Here’s the local new reporting on it the night of the call. Easy to see why it didn’t go national:

TorontoGold

Mr. Dumb Moron
Reaction score
I'll answer your book with a word - Yes.

It only trended on twitter/X, the free speech site.
How does that work, like does Mr. Fox News call up Mr. CNN who calls up Mr. MSNBC who calls up Mr. OANN who calls up Reuters who calls up Mr. BBC who calls up Mr. CBC who calls up Mr. Al Jazeera and they all agree to hide the "real story" but ShitMan42069 on Twitter is allowed to break the story.

I don't anyone has as much trust in corporate media as you do, it's astounding.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
15 years in and people still think they can push logic to him...
Who doesn't enjoy a good challenge?

Was it a timeshare or a condo question that was asked way back when? As if there was more proof needed that this knucklehead is Koonberry.
He was adamant he would never fall for one of those sales pitches. Next thing you know, he's back here trying to sell us on why it's a great deal. lol

IrishLion

I am Beyonce, always.
Staff member
Reaction score
Who doesn't enjoy a good challenge?

He was adamant he would never fall for one of those sales pitches. Next thing you know, he's back here trying to sell us on why it's a great deal. lol

"I didn't get got! You would be stupid to not take full advantage of that offer!"

GoIrish41

Paterfamilius
Reaction score
My favorite is when people cite something “the media isn’t covering” that we’ve all seen reported in the media. 🤔

Bishop2b5

SEC Exchange Student
Reaction score
My favorite is when people cite something “the media isn’t covering” that we’ve all seen reported in the media. 🤔
I think that most of the time, what they mean is that the media isn't covering it in a meaningful way or the way they'd cover many other things. Buried WAY down the list of topics covered, briefly mentioned on the overnight broadcast, or hidden below the fold on page 22 is covered, but not adequately or meaningfully.

NDFAN420

Reaction score

Don't know whether or not it's any good. Ran across this and thought of this thread.