Trump Presidency

irishtrooper

Reaction score
I suppose if you hate the guy, you aren’t listening anyway….However, this is a pretty bad look without more information. I won’t be jumping to the conclusion that this is a legit situation or a witch hunt deal until more info comes out. Even if you choose to blindly follow this FBI (which has had serious credibility issues politically for some years now - Russia collusion nonsense, Hilary mishandling, complaining parents at school board meetings nonsense, etc, etc).

Wray has not shown himself to be an ally with Trump clearly, so whatever. Not saying he should be, but he definitely has not been what I’m sure Trump thought

Biden is POTUS and he’s clearly a disaster. His likely foe in 24 gets raided….. Seems fishy when the info that I’ve seen is this is a potential mishandling of classified info (anyone remember HRC private server stuff?)

Garland was denied his chance at being appointed to the Supreme Court, so axe to grind…..? Perhaps

I’m not saying all this isn’t just a coincidence, but it smacks of politicizing LE. I think releasing everything that led to this dramatic raid situation (former POTUS whether you hate him or not) is important.

I’m in the camp that Trump should just go away from politics, but this (if not completely warranted) will end up backfiring in a big way from these people who are blindly led by hate. If it’s completely warranted, then I will support the actions. I would caution spiking the football just yet by many here….Facts matter, not your emotions

IrishLax

Something Witty
Staff member
Reaction score
Let's all be clear that a Republican FBI director appointed by Trump had a warrant signed off on by a Republican federal judge also appointed by Trump.

No, you do not get to randomly take classified docs home with you and ignore requests from the National Archives to return them. Even if you're a former POTUS. It's super fucking weird to see people twisting themselves into pretzels to make this some partisan hit job rather than it being about Trump thinking that he's above the law. Guy is a total doofus and thinks that he should be immune from consequences.

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Reaction score
Because the Federal government going after a political opponent is generally frowned upon.

When Jair Bolsonaro got after a political opponent in Brazil, people rightly called him out for it. When Putin does the same thing in Russia, people rightly call him out for it.

I'm sure you wouldn't have had any skepticism if this had happened under the prior administration.
This isn’t a political action. If you are claiming that you are a problem. There is nothing to indicate this is political retribution other than Trumps megalomania led reality he has created for himself and the loons repeating it.

If he did something that the Highest law enforcement people in our lands said deserves a unannounced raid and cracking his personal safe because they know what was in it is a problem and apolitical. I’d expect this was done as by the book as possible. If I’m wrong on that I’ll stand corrected.

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Reaction score
Let's all be clear that a Republican FBI director appointed by Trump had a warrant signed off on by a Republican federal judge also appointed by Trump.

No, you do not get to randomly take classified docs home with you and ignore requests from the National Archives to return them. Even if you're a former POTUS. It's super fucking weird to see people twisting themselves into pretzels to make this some partisan hit job rather than it being about Trump thinking that he's above the law. Guy is a total doofus and thinks that he should be immune from consequences.

NorthDakota

Grandson of Loomis
Reaction score

If that's all there is to it, then it will fizzle out.

Blazers46

My adjectives are wise, brilliant and handsome.
Reaction score
The FBI follows all kinds of leases and an investigation isn’t the same as obtaining a search warran. Their investigation of the predicate did lead to criminal charges along the way but the predicate for the investigation is what allowed it to proceed. Sorry not even the same thing.

Even Mueller said that Trump could be charged with obstruction of justice but not until after he was out of office and Garland let that expire I believe. Sooooooo

The investigations led to the identification and prosecution ofnumerous people violating the FARA laws which means they were actively undermining americas goals and priorities for profit from an adversarial government.
That’s great. I hope he never runs again and disappears forever. If you are trying to convince me Trump is a bad person you are preaching to the choir. It’s laughable tragic that you are taking this time to take a victory lap.

NorthDakota

Grandson of Loomis
Reaction score
This isn’t a political action. If you are claiming that you are a problem. There is nothing to indicate this is political retribution other than Trumps megalomania led reality he has created for himself and the loons repeating it.

If he did something that the Highest law enforcement people in our lands said deserves a unannounced raid and cracking his personal safe because they know what was in it is a problem and apolitical. I’d expect this was done as by the book as possible. If I’m wrong on that I’ll stand corrected.
it's inherently political. It relates specifically to actions taken in his role as the President.

If he was being accused of murder or something, sure. Then it happens to be a former President being searched. Not political.

I'm not saying he's in the right or the Feds shouldn't have the records or whatever. If he ain't supposed to have them, then they should be returned or seized. I'm saying regardless of legality, it's a weird look and will raise suspicion.

Could end up being perfectly fine. We'll see what happens. Some people have absolutely blown it way out of proportion and should hold their horses.

RDU Irish

Catholics vs. Cousins
Reaction score
I wholeheartedly agree. Let's get after everyone on that list.

09dc-trumpspstein1-superJumbo-v2.jpg

That picture wreaks to me of two people who don't like eachother but are forced to be cordial enough to maintain social spheres. If Trump were a client of Epstein's - it would have leaked ages ago.

100% agree though - expose that whole shitshow and hang every MFer that was in on it. Since pedo degenerate runs on both sides of the aisle it gets protected. Trump used US Marshalls to crack down on human trafficking - I think he was bad for business and knows too much which is why both sides of the aisle want him gone at any cost. Or he could be a degen just like the rest and can rot in hell.

ulukinatme

Powlus for QB 2023!
Reaction score
The disgraced one is trending. Lot of comments on social media today similar to this. The raid may end up backfiring in the end, especially if nothing tangible comes from it as these stories often do. We've already seen mixed results from the January 6th hearings as far as hurting or helping Trump's image according to polls. I'd still rather someone else take the lead, but they could end up making him a martyr.

RDU Irish

Catholics vs. Cousins
Reaction score

But what if he wiped them before taking them? Like with a cloth.

I have a hard time comprehending what could possibly be in these documents that make this action worthwhile. It's like breaking in to my neighbor's house b/c I think he took a teacup. Even if I am right, BFD.

If you take this shot you better not miss. He will romp the next election if they don't have something obviously egregious. Even then - who would place the Russia Collusion FBI above planting evidence? The only result I see is a further weakening of public trust in government institutions.

Then again -maybe that is the play. Make Trump run away with the R nomination since he is the only person they stand a chance against due to his astronomical negatives.

Jiggafini19Deux

Clam Bakes and Shitty Takes
Reaction score
I'd still rather someone else take the lead, but they could end up making him a martyr.
The man whined and bitched himself into a martyr a long time ago to those who ride or die for him. Millions of people put him before party and country already. Nothing will change their minds.

ulukinatme

Powlus for QB 2023!
Reaction score
The man whined and bitched himself into a martyr a long time ago to those who ride or die for him. Millions of people put him before party and country already. Nothing will change their minds.
I'm not talking die hards, they were going to vote one way regardless. We're talking conservative leaning independents. Elections are decided by the middle ground, they're the ones that have to be swayed one way or the other.

ab2cmiller

Troublemaker in training
Reaction score
It's not those people that you need to worry about. There are lots of people who don't like Trump, but could still be convinced to vote for him if they thought he was the best chance to win. Making him a martyr might convince enough people to vote for him that would otherwise choose not to.

Maybe that's the Dem's secret strategy here. Make him a martyr so that he wins the Republican nomination. Would probably give the Dem's the best chance of winning the next Presidential election.

Jiggafini19Deux

Clam Bakes and Shitty Takes
Reaction score
I'm not talking die hards, they were going to vote one way regardless. We're talking conservative leaning independents. Elections are decided by the middle ground, they're the ones that have to be swayed one way or the other.
How many of these voted for him in 2016 under the premise that his opponent didn't handle classified information properly would be my question, then.

ulukinatme

Powlus for QB 2023!
Reaction score
How many of these voted for him in 2016 under the premise that his opponent didn't handle classified information properly would be my question, then.
Funny, Trump never sent the FBI to Hillary's house after the election though...and files on the network of a private server are probably less secure than documents at a private residence under watch by security and secret service.

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Reaction score
They already went once without the FBI. I’d have to believe they
That’s great. I hope he never runs again and disappears forever. If you are trying to convince me Trump is a bad person you are preaching to the choir. It’s laughable tragic that you are taking this time to take a victory lap.
not a victory lap in the least. The dude is still walking around. Lol

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Reaction score
it's inherently political. It relates specifically to actions taken in his role as the President.

If he was being accused of murder or something, sure. Then it happens to be a former President being searched. Not political.

I'm not saying he's in the right or the Feds shouldn't have the records or whatever. If he ain't supposed to have them, then they should be returned or seized. I'm saying regardless of legality, it's a weird look and will raise suspicion.

Could end up being perfectly fine. We'll see what happens. Some people have absolutely blown it way out of proportion and should hold their horses.
Sorry but who else is going to hold a criminal president accountable? E the FBI and the DOJ? You point makes zero sense.

ulukinatme

Powlus for QB 2023!
Reaction score
The disgraced one is trending. Lot of comments on social media today similar to this. The raid may end up backfiring in the end, especially if nothing tangible comes from it as these stories often do. We've already seen mixed results from the January 6th hearings as far as hurting or helping Trump's image according to polls. I'd still rather someone else take the lead, but they could end up making him a martyr.

Yang also weighing in.

RDU Irish

Catholics vs. Cousins
Reaction score
??

You don’t see why classified documents that he refused to return could be a big deal?
About what? Locked in a safe bothering nobody? Nobody seemed to care enough to do anything about Hillary's email or Hunter's China/Ukraine connections compromising the sitting (or should I say shitting) president but Trump might have important hard copy communique(s) on..... what exactly? We will never know - they will use nothing but innuendo and insinuations just like they have for the last 6 years. When push comes to shove - nothingburgers or outright hoaxes.

Why do the hoaxers get the benefit of the doubt? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 503,638 times and call me Cackalacky.

Also can't wait for the inevitable, well that was classified but not top secret etc, etc, etc.

All they are doing is securing Trump's spot as the 2024 R nominee. Would have been great to clear the deck for Desantis and move on but Dems would rather have a 2% chance of beating Trump than a 0.00001% chance against Desantis. I blame those d-bags, not Trump.

Me2SouthBend

Reaction score
About what? Locked in a safe bothering nobody? Nobody seemed to care enough to do anything about Hillary's email or Hunter's China/Ukraine connections compromising the sitting (or should I say shitting) president but Trump might have important hard copy communique(s) on..... what exactly? We will never know - they will use nothing but innuendo and insinuations just like they have for the last 6 years. When push comes to shove - nothingburgers or outright hoaxes.

Why do the hoaxers get the benefit of the doubt? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 503,638 times and call me Cackalacky.

Also can't wait for the inevitable, well that was classified but not top secret etc, etc, etc.

All they are doing is securing Trump's spot as the 2024 R nominee. Would have been great to clear the deck for Desantis and move on but Dems would rather have a 2% chance of beating Trump than a 0.00001% chance against Desantis. I blame those d-bags, not Trump.
You are truly a clown.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
So why would he lie the first time and not turn stuff over? Search warrants are very specific. They don’t allow a LEO to just search the whole property. It would have to be very specific.
It's Trump. Warrants are specific, but given there was evidence that not all documents were recovered the first time, it's not surprising to see the entire estate or primary domain and other domiciles on the property be included.

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Reaction score
Funny, Trump never sent the FBI to Hillary's house after the election though...and files on the network of a private server are probably less secure than documents at a private residence under watch by security and secret service.
Yeah… they only opened an investigation 10 days before the election :eyeroll;

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Reaction score
It's Trump. Warrants are specific, but given there was evidence that not all documents were recovered the first time, it's not surprising to see the entire estate or primary domain and other domiciles on the property be included.
Whatever man if you want to keep staying on this idc. Generally warrants have to be specific and they have to be contstrained. I’d be shocked if they were able to get a warrant for the entire property.

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Reaction score

ulukinatme

Powlus for QB 2023!
Reaction score
Yeah… they only opened an investigation 10 days before the election :eyeroll;
Was he in charge? One looks politically motivated against an opposing party by those in charge, the other occurred while Obama was at the head of the table.

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Reaction score
Was he in charge? One looks politically motivated against an opposing party by those in charge, the other occurred while Obama was at the head of the table.
Trumps own FBI director signed off on this. Those making it political are Trump supporters.

There is a grad jury empaneled for this issue for a while. If there is evidence of a crime then it should be pursued. President or not. I believe our system can be used appropriately. There isn’t anything political about identifying crimes and pursuing them.