Tommy Rees - Offensive Coordinator

condoms SUCk

Varsity Club Member
Reaction score
I wanna see 40+ points on Saturday. I am currently neutral on TR, I know last week was not an ideal situation but this week is different.

Veritate Duce Progredi

A man gotta have a code
Reaction score
I'm an ardent Rees supporter. I'm looking for this offense to open up quite a bit. They were walking a tight rope against tOSU, I think they can take chances and have more fun with the play calling against Marshall. I expect Buchner to throw for 250+ and our ground game should churn out yards.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
It's hard to run screens when your O-line is letting guys get easy penetration. Tommy will be fine as will the offense. I want 60!

Jiggafini19Deux

Clam Bakes and Shitty Takes
Reaction score

Rams sign coach Sean McVay, GM Les Snead to contract extensions through 2026 season​

There you go. Rees could be gone soon enough.

ulukinatme

Powlus for QB 2023!
Reaction score
Some of you may get your wish and we could end up with another Long or worse :laugh: Long, along with Del and Quinn, is part of the reason we're starting so many young Sophomores.

ulukinatme

Powlus for QB 2023!
Reaction score
One of these days the “we’re going to be loaded in 2 years” is going to happen. Hopefully I’ll still be alive to see it.
Pundits say a lot of things, but I can't remember when we've really been stacked in recent years. There have always been some holes. We're seeing a big shift in recruiting, and position coaches are being held accountable maybe even more so than when BK was on the hotseat in 2016. We've seen the talent in this Sophomore class as several got starts as Freshmen last year. The recruiting is picking up, which will fill the holes in time. The future is bright.

Irishben10

Reaction score

Missing bullet point: Lugg wins enough 1-1, Correll provides useful support to Kristofic.

If Lugg gets pushed back faster than he did, is it a bad play call?

Lugg must be hearing balls wizzing past his head at least 2-3 of Buchners shots Lugg is getting driven back right into Tyler throwing lane, He’s a bit weak to be starting for Notre Dame & can barely run/pass block

Last edited:

NDRock

Reaction score
Pundits say a lot of things, but I can't remember when we've really been stacked in recent years. There have always been some holes. We're seeing a big shift in recruiting, and position coaches are being held accountable maybe even more so than when BK was on the hotseat in 2016. We've seen the talent in this Sophomore class as several got starts as Freshmen last year. The recruiting is picking up, which will fill the holes in time. The future is bright.
Not pundits, fans. I remember the “wait until the ‘20 season when PJ will be throwing TDs to Austin, Lenzy, and Keys”. There’s been plenty of those dreams the other years. Unfortunately, the more likely scenario seems to be the Buchner will flame out and most of the WRs won’t pan out and we move on to Carr and the excitement of the ‘26 season. The hope keeps me coming back.

Irishben10

Reaction score
I'm an ardent Rees supporter. I'm looking for this offense to open up quite a bit. They were walking a tight rope against tOSU, I think they can take chances and have more fun with the play calling against Marshall. I expect Buchner to throw for 250+ and our ground game should churn out yards.
I just hope they get away from this whole don’t turn it over crap, you basically telling your QB to play safe, don’t take shots, make TB think twice before throwing the ball, you will always lose the big games if your not willing to attempt the hard plays, which is exactly what happened at OSU.

We can’t play conservatively like we did against Clemson or USC or we may as well throw up the white flag.

Let TB and the Offense go out there the next couple weeks and gel, go crazy throw a couple crossing patterns in to the mix 😂

Rockin’Irish

Hearing Impaired
Reaction score
There will certainly be some late risers this fall……if CJ Carr doesn’t reclassify and one of Minchey/Johnson becomes unrealistic, there will be options. Can ND close on them? We’ll see.

Irishdrunk

Smartest Guy in the Room
Reaction score
It's hard to run screens when your O-line is letting guys get easy penetration. Tommy will be fine as will the offense. I want 60!
Huh?? That is what screens and roll-outs are for! Weak OLs. Hopefully Tommy will learn from last week.

UPMich_NDfan

Reaction score
Why can’t our offense look like Texas?! Just seems like there is so much more creativity…although that may all go out the door if Ewers is out

ND88

Reaction score
Smashing a weaker opponent is not particularly notable, but it is an opportunity to gain important experience moving forward. What I hope to see is the OL playing more consistently with a stronger inside performance. Our season hinges on whether or not we have a run game, so yards gained on the ground are what I’m hoping for. If they have to give everything to shut down the run game, then the passing should come.

Dizzyphil

Reaction score
Watching the O$U game.... they are playing a lot of their second/third players already.

NorthDakota

Grandson of Loomis
Reaction score

Can we blame Rees for this?

We can blame Rees and Company for North Dakota State and Wyoming (Wentz's coach) consistently having better QB play than ND.

Imagine having an easier time recruiting and coaching in Fargo and Laramie than South Bend.