84) CB - KJ Wallace
85) CB – Isiah Rutherford

86) LB- JD Bertrand

Last edited:

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Per ND's depth chart Jamir Jones is listed as a SDE. Also, I'd be surprised if Lacey didn't work at NG to start the Spring.

AllGoldEverything

Reaction score
I legitimately only have one concern for the 2019 team. Linebacker has some glaring holes and I am hoping that Asmar can move inside and show the ability to play that role. Every other position looks like it has enough talent and depth to compete at a high level IMO.

AllGoldEverything

Reaction score
Also, I really doubt that Studstill is on the team by the time the summer hits. I think he will transfer.

BabyIrish

Marble Mouth
Reaction score
Would it be possible to keep a list of those with eligibility who went to the NFL or transferred on the OP as well? Great work!

Irish YJ

Southsida
Reaction score
Would it be possible to keep a list of those with eligibility who went to the NFL or transferred on the OP as well? Great work!

Good idea.
So, so far....
starters in italics

NFL (left with eligibility) - 3
Mack
Boykin
Love

Exhausted eligibility (NFL?) - 12
Bonner
Yoon
Drue

Coleman
Fertitta
Mustipher
Bars
Dex
Tillery
Coney

Weishar
Newsome

Grad Trans - 3
Wimbush
Morgan
MDT

Early Trans - 0

I think that's it.

Last edited:

BabyIrish

Marble Mouth
Reaction score
Good idea.
So, so far....
starters in italics

NFL (left with eligibility) - 3
Mack
Boykin
Love

Exhausted eligibility (NFL?) - 12
Bonner
Yoon
Drue

Coleman
Fertitta
Mustipher
Bars
Dex
Tillery
Coney

Weishar
Newsome

Grad Trans - 3
Wimbush
Morgan
MDT

Early Trans - 0

I think that's it.

Thanks and reps!

IrishFanJMercy

Reaction score
So Marist liufau my not enroll till next year because ND may not have a scholarship available which I think would be a huge mistake

Irish YJ

Southsida
Reaction score
So, if Marist is greyshirting, we're at 86 (plus 2 GSs), with a chance of being at 88 (plus 2GSs). At min, still one over, and could be 3 over with Foskey and Turner.

So at min, there's either at least 1-3 transfers (or other exit) or 1-3 more recruits GS'd, or combination.... and potentially more to get JD and Marist a scholarship.

Feeling all SEC up in here.

BabyIrish

Marble Mouth
Reaction score
So Marist liufau my not enroll till next year because ND may not have a scholarship available which I think would be a huge mistake

ND was upfront about it with him and he still choose the Irish knowing this could happen. Don’t know if I’m worried at this point.

Question: Have we ever had 77 scholarship players for spring practice?

Irish YJ

Southsida
Reaction score
ND was upfront about it with him and he still choose the Irish knowing this could happen. Don’t know if I’m worried at this point.

Question: Have we ever had 77 scholarship players for spring practice?

well, there's really no excuse now for STs to suck now...

T-Boone

Reaction score
I legitimately only have one concern for the 2019 team. Linebacker has some glaring holes and I am hoping that Asmar can move inside and show the ability to play that role.

True but that also makes LB the most exciting and anticipated position as almost everyone has multiple years left and a whole bunch of talented youngsters we know very little about.

One question I have is surely Jonathan Jones (21) does not have 3 years of eligibility left.

Irish YJ

Southsida
Reaction score
True but that also makes LB the most exciting and anticipated position as almost everyone has multiple years left and a whole bunch of talented youngsters we know very little about.

One question I have is surely Jonathan Jones (21) does not have 3 years of eligibility left.

JJ will be a SR with JR eligibility IIRC

T-Boone

Reaction score
I am hoping that Lamb reaches full potential and becomes the MIKE. I think he has the highest upside. That said, I am just going off his ranking and some memory of his film and how tall he is.

I'd like to see:
Lamb Simon Allen

Irish YJ

Southsida
Reaction score
I am hoping that Lamb reaches full potential and becomes the MIKE. I think he has the highest upside. That said, I am just going off his ranking and some memory of his film and how tall he is.

I'd like to see:
Lamb Simon Allen

Just my opinion, but I think you'll see JJ/Bauer, with likely Bauer taking over as the 1 as the year goes on. I really like Lamb, but I think Bauer might have a big head start on him. Nothing would surprise me though.

I think we'll see something like

M - JJ or Bauer
B - JGH or Bilal
R - Bilal or JOK or Simon

The more I think about it, by mid season I think Bauer/Bilal/Simon are the starters. Lots of moving parts and lots of unknown.

We're going to lose both Elliot and Studstill after 2019, so I think Allen sticks for the year. But who knows for 2020.

T-Boone

Reaction score
The more I think about it, by mid season I think Bauer/Bilal/Simon are the starters. Lots of moving parts and lots of unknown.

Yeah, hopefully they are all preparing to compete hard against one another with no clear starters yet.

Irish YJ

Southsida
Reaction score
Yeah, hopefully they are all preparing to compete hard against one another with no clear starters yet.

It will be interesting to say the least. We've got a lot of young talent that should push for PT. BK has been reluctant over the years with youth, at least it feels that way. Can't wait to see some of the guys emerge. Love the comp.

BabyIrish

Marble Mouth
Reaction score
One of the main criticisms after the Clemson game was the need to build quality depth so back ups were ready to come in and play if there were injury.

My question is: How do you do that? During the year you are rolling with your starters most of the time to reach the ultimate goal of making the playoffs and winning a championship. Which means your starters are receiving first team reps, which I imagine is a majority. So how do you effectively ready your second and third team?

Do you try to mix in second and third team more in game situations? Do you try and give more first team reps in practice to your second and third string units?

ab2cmiller

Troublemaker in training
Reaction score
One of the main criticisms after the Clemson game was the need to build quality depth so back ups were ready to come in and play if there were injury.

My question is: How do you do that? During the year you are rolling with your starters most of the time to reach the ultimate goal of making the playoffs and winning a championship. Which means your starters are receiving first team reps, which I imagine is a majority. So how do you effectively ready your second and third team?

Do you try to mix in second and third team more in game situations? Do you try and give more first team reps in practice to your second and third string units?

You do that by rolling teams that you're supposed to. That means reps for guys that are 2nd, 3rd and 4th sting against teams like Ball State. Instead we ended up having to play our 1st string guys most of the game.

BabyIrish

Marble Mouth
Reaction score
You do that by rolling teams that you're supposed to. That means reps for guys that are 2nd, 3rd and 4th sting against teams like Ball State. Instead we ended up having to play our 1st string guys most of the game.

I know that's the general rule of thumb, but is there something else happening here. For instance Clemson just seemed to be stacked with depth at every position who were all ready to play. It's hard to imagine that they were ready to play because they got a couple reps against the second and third team against Wake Forest at the end of the fourth quarter.

Domina Nostra

Reaction score

You need depth on the D-line so as to prevent injuries. Clemson and Alabama have that, which is absolutely vital. We don't.

But I don't think depth is what killed ND and Alabama. Im not sure what Clemson would have looked like with this or that backup playing. To me, Justyn Ross' ability to execute on third downs, and catch anything near him, was the difference. Not sure they could have weathered losing him or Trevor Lawrence--not to even mention Etienne.

How many games would we have lost in 2015 without Fuller? What would we have looked like this year with him?