Keenan Memorial Stadium
Chapel Hill, NC
September 24, 2022
3:30 PM
abc.png

Last edited:

irishff1014

Reaction score
We struggle against the Tar Heels for some reason. I know absolutely nothing about their depth at QB. I know they have a new DC as well. Another game the should go in the W column.

BrownerandFry

Banned
Reaction score
We struggle against the Tar Heels for some reason. I know absolutely nothing about their depth at QB. I know they have a new DC as well. Another game the should go in the W column.
Well, we may define "struggle" differently.

We are 18-2 since the dawn of civilization, and the two losses were "LED" (ahem) by Fat Charlie and Joe Kuharich.

To restate the obvious Schematic Advantage's loss was overshadowed by his Eroica, losing AT HOME to Navy, Syracuse and UCONN in the same 12 month period.

Last edited:

Dale

Reaction score
Bertrand out for the 1H probably means Bauer/Kiser MLB. Were gonna be in Nickel almost exclusively anyways

notredomer23

Staph Member
Reaction score
I think this is actually a really good matchup for ND. Their offensive line is about the same level as Cal’s. ND can make UNC one dimensional and the defense can capitalize with some turnovers. I mean they’re bound to happen eventually right?

Offensively, ND should be able to run the ball at will if the second half offensive line comes out. Georgia State and App State ran at will on UNC. UNC had a total of 3 sacks in those games on 63 drop backs.

We’ll see what happens. I saw a better ND team in the second half against Cal. If they can succeed in making UNC one dimensional and really have some success running the ball, I think ND should win. And Pyne won’t have those first start jitters hopefully.

MacIrish75

BIG Mayonnaise Guy
Reaction score
I think this is actually a really good matchup for ND. Their offensive line is about the same level as Cal’s. ND can make UNC one dimensional and the defense can capitalize with some turnovers. I mean they’re bound to happen eventually right?

Offensively, ND should be able to run the ball at will if the second half offensive line comes out. Georgia State and App State ran at will on UNC. UNC had a total of 3 sacks in those games on 63 drop backs.

We’ll see what happens. I saw a better ND team in the second half against Cal. If they can succeed in making UNC one dimensional and really have some success running the ball, I think ND should win. And Pyne won’t have those first start jitters hopefully.

To get *some* turnovers, we would first need to get one turnover.

MacIrish75

BIG Mayonnaise Guy
Reaction score
In a weird way, NCs strengths sort of play into the strengths of our defense. We can generate a pass rush and our DB unit has been good. If we can just get the linebackers to not be a tire fire in coverage, I think we can hold their offense to 21-24 or so. If we can utilize some play action now that we’ve established some semblance of a running game, I think we can win by 6-10 points. I don’t think that’s a reach.

Irish 31
NC 23

stpeteirish

Reaction score
Bertrand out for the 1H probably means Bauer/Kiser MLB. Were gonna be in Nickel almost exclusively anyways
Bauer has barely played the last 2 games. Looks like they've used a 4-2-5 mostly with Liafau, Kiser and Bertrand rotating. UNC is pass heavy so the 4-2-5 will be the thing and not having Bertrand won't hurt us, might even help.
Everybody seems to love Liafau but I sure don't. Goes the wrong way a lot. At least he goes the wrong way faster than Bertrand.

irishff1014

Reaction score
Bauer has barely played the last 2 games. Looks like they've used a 4-2-5 mostly with Liafau, Kiser and Bertrand rotating. UNC is pass heavy so the 4-2-5 will be the thing and not having Bertrand won't hurt us, might even help.
Everybody seems to love Liafau but I sure don't. Goes the wrong way a lot. At least he goes the wrong way faster than Bertrand.
He isn't very good at all. Unfortunately we are learning that about a lot of players and their coaches developing them.

Bluto

Reaction score
He isn't very good at all. Unfortunately we are learning that about a lot of players and their coaches developing them.
You’ve got to remember he hasn’t played much if at all until this year. There’s a distinct possibility things begin to click in the next couple games. That seemed to happen with ND at Safety and Linebacker quite a bit over the past couple years. We’ll see.

thekid33

President of the Kevin McDougal Fan Club
Reaction score

I will be pleased as punch for the day this offense scores in the 30's.

I don't see the team scoring in the 30's unless the defense and/or ST contribute points. And since we have no takeaways and fair catch every punt....

To win a decent number of games this team is going to have to win a lot of games 28-24 or 24-21.

Defense (minus LB) can probably hold most of the opponents under 30. It remains to be seen if this offense can get into the 30's.

Even after an improved 2nd half yesterday, I am very doubtful.
Hopefully, they prove me wrong.

BilboBaggins

Reaction score
Notre Dame gets a W if Pyne continues to develop and they can expand the playback (ie deeper routes). UNC will be ready for zone runs and throwing to the flats off of that success. Not that they'll be able to stop it, because apparently they suck.

The last few games against UNC we were told to be afraid of their offensive prowess, and every time ND basically shut it down. Here's hoping that continues. I think the ND DB play has been a welcome surprise this year, they really look solid so far. And I don't think the LBs are as bad as you guys are saying.

Free Manera

Reaction score
Underneath routes are gonna be taken away if UNC is at all capable defensively. Have to find a way to get the ball downfield. Even if it’s Mayer or Raridon lined up in the outside.

NDMatt91

Reaction score
I think the gameplan is to work the clock and run the ball. UNC appears to have trouble stopping the run, and given their video game offense I think we need to shorten the game. Snap the ball with 5 seconds or less on the play clock every single time and go on long drives.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
I think the gameplan is to work the clock and run the ball. UNC appears to have trouble stopping the run, and given their video game offense I think we need to shorten the game. Snap the ball with 5 seconds or less on the play clock every single time and go on long drives.
Basically the Ohio State game approach, but UNC's defense probably won't be as tough.

Te'o4Heisman

Reaction score
Dont disagree but the best part will be to then come on here and read everybody destroying Tommy for such plan 😂

calvegas04

Reaction score
UNC has played FAMU, Appalachian, St Georgia St.

So far they have given up 1,405 yards or 468.3 YDS/G
Passing D 826 total yards 275.3 YDS/G
Rushing D 579 total yard 193 YDS/G
Given up 113 points or 37.7 points a game