Schwapp is now a "3 Star" recruit

Irish Envy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Never fails... Scout.com just upgraded him to a 3 star... FWIW.

G

About time. Lemming has been the only one that knows his talent. Everyone else has him as a 2 star.

the guy is 6'0 247 lbs and runs a 4.65 40 time. That alone should have him as a 3 star.

I really like this kids potential, I think he may turn out to be the best commit we get out of this class.

He's listed as a fullback, but I hope he gets a real shot at linebacker, with his speed and power I would always send him in on the blitz.

Irish Envy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
QueensNY said:
About time. Lemming has been the only one that knows his talent. Everyone else has him as a 2 star.

the guy is 6'0 247 lbs and runs a 4.65 40 time. That alone should have him as a 3 star.

I really like this kids potential, I think he may turn out to be the best commit we get out of this class.

He's listed as a fullback, but I hope he gets a real shot at linebacker, with his speed and power I would always send him in on the blitz.
Agreed.

However, it would be nice to see him running over opposing backers clearing big holes for Darius.

R

Rip Rap

Stars schmars. He had an offer from Maryland before the start of the season and I believe Friegden knew what he was doing.

Other schools' offers are still the best measure of talent.

Aerosmith777

Reaction score
Svoboda said:
Agreed.

However, it would be nice to see him running over opposing backers clearing big holes for Darius.

Eh, I know he might make a solid LB, but I really wanna see him stay at FB. It would be great to see someone plowing over opposing linebackers and safeties to clear a hole for Walker to use that speed of his and get into the secondary.

R

Rip Rap

Aerosmith777 said:
Eh, I know he might make a solid LB, but I really wanna see him stay at FB. It would be great to see someone plowing over opposing linebackers and safeties to clear a hole for Walker to use that speed of his and get into the secondary.

He said in an article released at the start of the season that he thinks blocking is more fun then tackling because you can dump people on their ass. No joke. If anybody can find that link, I would love to see it again.

:gossip:

Aerosmith777

Reaction score
Rip Rap said:
He said in an article released at the start of the season that he thinks blocking is more fun then tackling because you can dump people on their ass. No joke. If anybody can find that link, I would love to see it again.

:gossip:

Lol! See this is what I love about this kid. I think he could make such a great blocking FB, plus he's athletic enough to be able to catch it out of the backfield I think, not to mention maybe even pound it up the middle himself on short yardage. Dream scenario for me: He come's to Notre Dame and is a 4 year starter at FB (so long as Powers-Neal doesn't come back next year, btw, anyone know what his situation is?) and then gets drafted by my Giants in 2009 (we could used a big blocking FB, they make Shockey do it sometimes now & that's been a nightmare...)

BigIrish

Reaction score
Aerosmith777 said:

I completely agree. In the mid-90's, Sports Illustrated published an article that talked about which schools were best at producing players at specific positions. (over the course of the previous 10 years or so) i.e. who produced the best quarterbacks, who produced the best linebackers, etc.

Notre Dame was selected as the best at the fullback position. When you think about it, the late 80's and most of the 90's were great times for ND fullbacks, with Anthony Johnson, Jerome Bettis, Marc Edwards and more.

Talented fullbacks are often under utilized and generally underrated. But they can be such a great addition if used properly. I'd LOVE to see a dominant FB at ND again.

Irish Envy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
BigIrish said:
I completely agree. In the mid-90's, Sports Illustrated published an article that talked about which schools were best at producing players at specific positions. (over the course of the previous 10 years or so) i.e. who produced the best quarterbacks, who produced the best linebackers, etc.

Notre Dame was selected as the best at the fullback position. When you think about it, the late 80's and most of the 90's were great times for ND fullbacks, with Anthony Johnson, Jerome Bettis, Marc Edwards and more.

Talented fullbacks are often under utilized and generally underrated. But they can be such a great addition if used properly. I'd LOVE to see a dominant FB at ND again.
Don't think we will have to worry about it. Weis loves the FB and TE positions.