RIP...

ulukinatme

Carr for QB 2024!
Reaction score
GK5SzSqXgAAdRIB

Rockin’Irish

Hearing Impaired
Reaction score
It still amazes me that Simpson was acquitted in his murder trial when blood DNA from him, Nicole and Ron was found mixed together at the crime scene, on his socks, on/in gloves found at the crime scene and in/on his Bronco. He also had cuts on his hand(s). Crazy that dude made it this long.

Katzenboyer

Reaction score
It still amazes me that Simpson was acquitted in his murder trial when blood DNA from him, Nicole and Ron was found mixed together at the crime scene, on his socks, on/in gloves found at the crime scene and in/on his Bronco. He also had cuts on his hand(s). Crazy that dude made it this long.

DNA evidence was so, so new at that point in time. No one knew anything about it.

If it was tried today, he'd be done.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
Well his hunt for the real killer is over and we'll never know who really did it.

BobbyMac

Staffer 4 Life
Staff member
Reaction score
I was oddly enough at Currie Ford in Frankfort IL when OJ and AL took off in the Bronco (forever making LA residents suckers for HSP's) and when the verdict was read and all hell broke loose.

I hope SNL has a Heisman House skit where a table full of winners are eating steaks with their hands when Jayden Daniels walks in and asks why they are eating in such a manner... to which Barry Sanders responds, "OJ's on the way over, had to lock up the knives."

bumpdaddy

Reaction score
DNA evidence was so, so new at that point in time. No one knew anything about it.

If it was tried today, he'd be done.
It wasn't that new. The vast majority of people knew how reliable DNA evidence was at that time. OJ's defense only argued slightly against it. Their main defense was that the evidence was contaminated at the lab or planted by cops who collected evidence at the scene. They used the "If you find a roach in your spaghetti you throw it all out" argument. It was a bullshit argument and refuted by the prosecution but the jury was terrible as was the Judge (Ito).

ulukinatme

Carr for QB 2024!
Reaction score
I was oddly enough at Currie Ford in Frankfort IL when OJ and AL took off in the Bronco (forever making LA residents suckers for HSP's) and when the verdict was read and all hell broke loose.

I hope SNL has a Heisman House skit where a table full of winners are eating steaks with their hands when Jayden Daniels walks in and asks why they are eating in such a manner... to which Barry Sanders responds, "OJ's on the way over, had to lock up the knives."
I hope they play some old Norm videos of him telling OJ jokes, honestly. This one was left out of the video above

Jiggafini19Deux

What do you hillbillies want?
Reaction score

This brought me back to Chris Rock in 1996 about the verdict.

“Black people too happy, White people too mad,” Rock said of Simpson’s acquittal. “I haven’t seen White people that mad since they canceled “M*A*S*H.”

“That s— was about fame. If O.J. wasn’t famous, he’d be in jail right now,” Rock said. “If O.J. drove a bus, he wouldn’t even be O.J. He’d be Orenthal, the Bus Driving Murderer.”

He's 100% correct, then and now.

IRISHDODGER

Blue Chip Recruit
Reaction score
One of the funniest billboards I ever saw was during the saga that was the OJ trial. It read in huge letters “FREE OJ” and in tiny letters in parentheses underneath read: “with every purchase of a dozen donuts”. Can’t’ remember for the life of me the name of the donut shop.

Jiggafini19Deux

What do you hillbillies want?
Reaction score
My mother in law is one of these boomers who sends texts with information that is very easy to ascertain. Weather, sports, updates, etc.

She sent a text yesterday informing the family that OJ Simpson had died and it ended with double exclamation points. She happens to be white, yes.

Simply stating two facts that may or may not be mutually exclusive. :cool:

Last edited:

NDRock

Reaction score
It wasn't that new. The vast majority of people knew how reliable DNA evidence was at that time. OJ's defense only argued slightly against it. Their main defense was that the evidence was contaminated at the lab or planted by cops who collected evidence at the scene. They used the "If you find a roach in your spaghetti you throw it all out" argument. It was a bullshit argument and refuted by the prosecution but the jury was terrible as was the Judge (Ito).
That’s completely untrue. The vast majority of people had no idea about DNA testing and learned about it for the first time through the trial.