possible transfer?

GOLDENISTHYTATE

Reaction score
Irish Illustrated is posting something about a possible transfer. I thought we didn't take transfers, and if we do now, anyone know who the kid is?

And merry Christmas guys!

IrishAddiction

The wa wa wa waterboy
Reaction score
Seen that too. We dont accept JUCO transfers, but do accept other transfers. Of course the kid will have to sit out a year, but if he wants to be at ND, so be it.

Dunno who the kid is though. Im hoping a beast of a OT.

BGIF

Varsity Club
Reaction score
Irish Illustrated is posting something about a possible transfer. I thought we didn't take transfers, and if we do now, anyone know who the kid is?

And merry Christmas guys!

You mean this guy?

http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/rec...-state-verbal.html?highlight=Gerrell+Robinson

I haven't read the II story. The Robinson rumor has been floating for some time. Keep in mind a Div 1 transfer doesn't have a scholarship the first year of transfer. ND tuition and room and board is an imposing barrier to most potential transfers, even if only for a year.

kjk184

Reaction score
My money is on the younger Tate...he's a Redshirt Freshman at Vandy I think. No need to sit out a year if he already is a redshirt.

Irish4Life09

Banned
Reaction score
Seen that too. We dont accept JUCO transfers, but do accept other transfers. Of course the kid will have to sit out a year, but if he wants to be at ND, so be it.

Dunno who the kid is though. Im hoping a beast of a OT.

we need to end this stupid policy.
if they have the grades to make it at ND,and are good enough to play for us,then let them.
its ridiculous that we havnt developed and evolved with the rest of college football.

IrishAddiction

The wa wa wa waterboy
Reaction score
If he really is the transfer, that is an incredibly horrible mistake, not the transfering, but the not accepting the scholarship in the first place.

We offered him in the 08 class..... i do believe walker committed first, and he wanted to, but didnt get the opportunity b/c he waited.

IrishinSyria

In truth lies victory
Reaction score
The no transfer rule is complete horseshit and the university would be wise to scrap that policy.

You mean from JUCO? Sorry, but I disagree. ND makes their football players take the full load of courses freshman year and expects them to perform in the classroom at the same level as they compete on the field. 2 years at a JUCO and 2 years at ND does not =4 years of ND, therefore I think ND is right to refuse transfers, even if it makes fielding a deep football team much harder in this age of limited scholies.

As for kids from other schools, like was said earlier its not technically against the rules, but without the ability to keep the kids on scholies for the transfer year its just freaking expensive. It's too bad, but I'm not sure the football team has enough leverage to get the university to cut tuition by 75% or so.

tatoobaldman

Reaction score
we dont need a qb cause crist is gonna be great. i would like to see a db come in to help our sorry defense.

BGIF

Varsity Club
Reaction score
The no transfer rule is complete horseshit and the university would be wise to scrap that policy.

Actually your no transfer post is complete horseshit.

How could the univerisity scrap a policy that doesn't exist?

Do you have any familiarity with ND's mission statement, academic goals, curriculum, overall graduation rate? It doesn't sound so from your post. Here are a couple of links on ND's First Year of Studies:

About First Year of Studies // The First Year of Studies // University of Notre Dame

Curricular Information // The First Year of Studies // University of Notre Dame

Do you follow ND football?

Your post tends to indicate you don't.

Do the names Bobby Burger, Tom Bemenderfer, Larry Moriarty and Dan Ruettiger ring any bells?

Notre Dame accepts transfers but they don't accept a lot. ND doesn't accept those that can't achieve the NCAA mimimum requirements for core courses, GPA, and Test Score. Nor those that spend two years in Community College taking high school remedial courses so they can get into college.

Those accepted as transfers have successfully taken courses and attained grades eslewhere to demonstrate to ND Admissions that they are capable to compete in the ND Academic environment and can be successful in their academic endeavors while being integrated into the ND Student Body. A Student Body that has a average SAT score of something like 1350 (for two parts not three) and whose students were in the Top 5 % of their graduating class. Keep in mind since ND doesn't have Underwater Basket Weaving majors there is no place to "park" a Katzenmoyer type student athlete who goes through the motion of being a student. At ND Katzenmoyer wouldn't get to take 3 cake classes his Senior Summer to "get" eligible (much less gets "A"s in all of them). Nor would he then be allowed to not attend any classes his senior year while staying eligible. That kind of student would flunk out their first semester so why offer them a scholarship in the first place?

Reactions: tko

JefMaj

Banned
Reaction score
I hope it's not Larry Tate for Bewitched... he was a jerk... very pompous...

NDinL.A.

Reaction score
Actually your no transfer post is complete horseshit.

How could the univerisity scrap a policy that doesn't exist?

Do you have any familiarity with ND's mission statement, academic goals, curriculum, overall graduation rate? It doesn't sound so from your post. Here are a couple of links on ND's First Year of Studies:

About First Year of Studies // The First Year of Studies // University of Notre Dame

Curricular Information // The First Year of Studies // University of Notre Dame

Not only that BGIF, but Mike Brey's men's bball team has feasted off transfers. Take a look at their rosters the past few years. Tyler's little bro Ben Hanborough (sp) is one of them right now. In fact, a UCLA transfer, Drew Gordon, was on campus last week, as he is thinking about transferring to ND.

However, Kelly recently told the SB Tribune that he will not be going that route to stack his team, even though at Cincy his 3 highest rated players were all transfers...

JefMaj

Banned
Reaction score
Been checking all of the websites today.... all day... nothing... not one update or change.... weird for a Friday.... something must be going on???

Maddog77

Dark Side Enthusiast
Reaction score
Next time use the internets lingo like /sarcasm or one of these :wink:

:thx: :wink: