Police State USA

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
I really feel for any kids that had to watch that. When you see grown adults act like that with police it's no wonder there's a lack of respect and trust towards law enforcement.

I can't remember if I saw it here or somewhere else, but this kind of behavior is learned, not innate.

I know where that toddler will be in about 12-13 years.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
The "supporting cast" sure didn't help. They did everything they could to ratchet up the tension and drama, antagonize the cops, and encourage the handcuffed women to resist and act even worse. I don't want to see police abuse anyone, but that woman deserved to get punched.
I was thinking the same thing. They should have cuffed a few of them for instigating.

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Reaction score
We need a bail reform alert system for when violent criminals get released back into New York.

Hard to figure out why the crime is bad.

giphy.gif
;)

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
I’m sure at that time his father will be showing him how to drive a stolen car…one of the rites of passage for father & son and further discussing the birds & the bees as he begins to interact w/ the opposite sex. Special times.
FIFY

ulukinatme

Powlus for QB 2023!
Reaction score
The home of democrats defunding police-

That's actually a great business plan. If a few blocks with 7-10 houses each chip in you're looking at about $20 each for a 5 hour patrol. Run the patrol from 10 or 11pm till 3-4 in the morning when most sketchy activity is going to occur. Obviously a bit pricey to do it every night, but you could probably just do it in the summer months when things are crazy, or add a few more blocks to bring costs down.

GATTACA!

It's about to get gross
Reaction score
That's actually a great business plan. If a few blocks with 7-10 houses each chip in you're looking at about $20 each for a 5 hour patrol. Run the patrol from 10 or 11pm till 3-4 in the morning when most sketchy activity is going to occur. Obviously a bit pricey to do it every night, but you could probably just do it in the summer months when things are crazy, or add a few more blocks to bring costs down.
Think the patrols have a license to kill?

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
"Does Biden think America's big cities are safe?" Let me answer that without answering that.

Bishop2b5

SEC Exchange Student
Reaction score
Whoa! Everybody hold up. The narrative that the cops shot the innocent child/kidnapping victim who was running to them for protection has by no means been established yet. There's a LOT more to this than that. The supposed kidnapper was the teen's father, who'd just killed his estranged wife, the girl's mother, the day before over the couple's not so amicable divorce. The next day, alerted to the killing and missing kid, the police attempted to stop the father's vehicle and that led to a shootout, during which the dad's pickup became disabled. During the shootout, the girl ran from the vehicle towards police, but she was wearing a helmet and military style body armor, and the police didn't realize she was the supposed kidnap victim. It's still not been determined if she died from shots from the police or her father. Probably the police, but it's a complicated story. Not sure if she was an innocent victim in all this or a willing participant.

ulukinatme

Powlus for QB 2023!
Reaction score
Whoa! Everybody hold up. The narrative that the cops shot the innocent child/kidnapping victim who was running to them for protection has by no means been established yet. There's a LOT more to this than that. The supposed kidnapper was the teen's father, who'd just killed his estranged wife, the girl's mother, the day before over the couple's not so amicable divorce. The next day, alerted to the killing and missing kid, the police attempted to stop the father's vehicle and that led to a shootout, during which the dad's pickup became disabled. During the shootout, the girl ran from the vehicle towards police, but she was wearing a helmet and military style body armor, and the police didn't realize she was the supposed kidnap victim. It's still not been determined if she died from shots from the police or her father. Probably the police, but it's a complicated story. Not sure if she was an innocent victim in all this or a willing participant.

Wow, this is really confusing...so the father basically had the daughter as a hostage, but it doesn't seem like he let the police know he had a hostage...and yet he had her in a tactical vest in helmet. So you'd think he didn't seem to want her to get hurt, and at the same time he's getting into a gun fight with the cops with her in the car. Why would he have her put that stuff on if he was willing to die in a gun fight with the cops? Why wouldn't he just let her go before the shooting started? Or was he maybe using her as bait or a distraction? The motives just make no sense. That daughter and the mother didn't need to die, that dude was a real POS. RIP, ladies.

irishtrooper

Reaction score

Ummm. Excuse me sir……. I’m pretty sure these days everyone is mandated to immediately jump to conclusions based on sparse and partial information and make sweeping judgments about the officer(s) involved, not to mention the entire profession of policing. I would think that all people would understand that letting all of the facts dictate guilt or culpability rather than a splashy headline in an awful situation is no longer appropriate. Only suspected criminals are afforded this degree of measured judgment.

ulukinatme

Powlus for QB 2023!
Reaction score
I'm a somewhat more positive light, here an officer drops a suspect firing shots within :41 secs of putting down his Starbucks. One shot. Unreal.

This happened in Tacoma WA. The officer plugged the guy from 180+ yards. Perp was carrying a .300, .223, & .45 Perp fired on other officers earlier. Also broke into a home while fleeing the cops. Homeowner fought him off. Couple minutes later, this officer pulled up & ended it.

Last edited: