Penn State thinking about a 3-4?

irishfan

Irish Hoops Mod
Reaction score
When Penn State lines up on defense this season, the Nittany Lions could have a new look. The 4-3 alignment that has been the scheme of choice for the past several seasons could be replaced by a 3-4 alignment once coach Joe Paterno gets a good look at what he has to work with during training camp. Penn State is loaded with talent at linebacker and is thin on the defensive line.
-- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Found this on SI on Campus in the Truth and Rumors section. Interesting, but i cant see JoePa changing up his D after all these years.

Irish Envy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Trippero said:
They might want to petition the NCAA to put 15 players in on Defense, being that the Irish are going to completely dominate them on Sept. 9.
Well done. Rep!

G

GREENJERSEYS'07

Trippero said:
They might want to petition the NCAA to put 15 players in on Defense, being that the Irish are going to completely dominate them on Sept. 9.

:cbanana:

leppycole

Reaction score
I live in PA and PSU fans believe that they can go into South Bend and get a win

LOVEMYIRISH

old timer
Reaction score
leppycole said:
I live in PA and PSU fans believe that they can go into South Bend and get a win

My daughter believes in Santa too... Doesn't mean I try to dissuade her...but last time I checked a fat man in red doesn't come dropping out of my chimney.

:clover: GO IRISH!!! :clover:

onenybrother

The Giver of Articles
Reaction score
Fools Gold

Fools Gold

To think N.D. will loose any game in front of Touchdown Jesus this season is fooilsh. Charlie knows how bad it's hurt to loose in front the home team. I like Joe Pa. but he dont have Robinson to save his ass now, like it would of matter anyway.