Other "Great programs" sometimes get to me...

ACamp1900

Man of Culture
Reaction score
have to admit, other "great" programs consistently turning their noses at the rest of the country AND all nationally recognized national title counts is starting to really bother me... not only do they look stupid but also prove they are void of any class,…

http://usctrojans.cstv.com/trads/usc-nattitles.html
http://www.usc.edu/uscnews/stories/10411.html

what really worries me is that fans of these "schools" actually believe this garbage... and they consider themselves true fans of the sport...and we all know USC isn’t the only "great" school who does this gutless stuff… if ND took the "hey, look! We won the Dunkel poll back in 39!!... let's put up a banner!!" stance in regards to what titles to claim, Notre Dame Stadium would have so many title banners a game at high noon would look like it was being played in a dome…

that is all…

by the way nice to be here, GO IRISH

punishment

Reaction score
I hate this too. I've met some USC fans who also recognize a NC for 2002, because some computer poll had them #1, and they were ticked off that they did not get to play for the NC. 2002 was the year that undefeated OSU beat undefeated Miami in the BCS. And 11-1 USC thinks they are NCs. Please.

Maybe we should do a little research of our own to see how many other NCs ND has won that we just simply forgot about.

LOVEMYIRISH

old timer
Reaction score
punishment said:
I hate this too. I've met some USC fans who also recognize a NC for 2002, because some computer poll had them #1, and they were ticked off that they did not get to play for the NC. 2002 was the year that undefeated OSU beat undefeated Miami in the BCS. And 11-1 USC thinks they are NCs. Please.

Maybe we should do a little research of our own to see how many other NCs ND has won that we just simply forgot about.

There are 21 different years when someone said we were the National Champ...

http://www.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/nd/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/FBRecSuppNatlChamp

Irish Envy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You've got to think both ways. The same way you're griping about USC and their claims, there are several other programs griping about our National Title claims.

That said, we really need to win another in the next several years to continue our claim of being an elite college football program. At least that's my opinion.

ACamp1900

Man of Culture
Reaction score
Svoboda said:
You've got to think both ways. The same way you're griping about USC and their claims, there are several other programs griping about our National Title claims.

That said, we really need to win another in the next several years to continue our claim of being an elite college football program. At least that's my opinion.

I would disagree with that statement,... Our claims are nationally recognized, there in lies the difference between what Notre Dame claims as a school and what SC, Bama and others claim as a school(s)...Notre Dame does not claim one single title that the nation as a whole does not acknowledge as legit... some ignorant fans, thats another matter completely, I'm talking school to school, legit resources & the NCAA... there's the legitimacy

Last edited:

punishment

Reaction score
Svoboda said:

I think the big difference is that ND's NCs have been won on the AP poll. Whereas USC's have been won on the UPI, and not on the AP. Like I believe it was '74 when an undefeated Oklahoma team was unanimous NC in the AP poll, but a USC team that was 8-1-1 won a close decision in the UPI Poll.

The UPI poll is the same poll that said 10-1 Alabama was the NC in '73, instead of 11-0 ND, who beat Alabama in the Sugar Bowl.

I have a hard time respecting these UPI "champions."