Oct 9 | Virginia Tech

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Reaction score
I like Coan. I haven’t disparaged him once. I don’t think he should be the starter, but he is a fighter.

PS VT hillbillies can suck it. Wack ass team.

What did I miss with the fans???

Dale

Reaction score
Down 28-7 in the 4th to Pitt. Now we haven’t exactly played world beaters but people talk about the week after Bama effect. Week after ND loss so far:

FSU 17-20 loss to Jacksonville State as 28 pt favorites
Toledo 6-22 loss to Colorado State as 14.5 pt favorites
Purdue 13-9 win vs Illinois as 10.5 pt favorites
Wisconsin 17-38 loss to Michigan as 1.5 pt favorites
Virginia Tech down 7-28 to Pitt in 4Q but as 6.5 pt dogs

Sherm Sticky

The Prophet
Reaction score
Down 28-7 in the 4th to Pitt. Now we haven’t exactly played world beaters but people talk about the week after Bama effect. Week after ND loss so far:

Absolutely these teams shoot their load against ND and have nothing left the next week. Specifically F$U and Va Tech shot their load in close loss to ND and could not recover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Irishize

Reaction score

I can buy that b/c there’s no question they get up for ND. That said, Toledo & Wiscy were much worse than projected. Purdue made ND’s win look much better today.

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score
Every D cord we have had has been our next HC

Obligatory .gif

Egj5cjr.gif

And don't forget to jiggle the tatas

5yRZqA.gif

[EDIT] Had to fix the first one, it broke.

Last edited:

Dale

Reaction score
[TWEET]https://twitter.com/fightingirish/status/1450987016745889793?s=21[/TWEET]

Hahaha. Logan walks in for his first TD on a little pop pass is probably how it should have gone

Some Irish Bloke

Five foot nothin', a hundred and nothin'
Reaction score
[TWEET]https://twitter.com/fightingirish/status/1450987016745889793?s=21[/TWEET]

Hahaha. Logan walks in for his first TD on a little pop pass is probably how it should have gone

That's awesome. What a play by Kyren, but yeah...he has two way better options on that play lol. Tuck and run or a nice dump off to Logan.

Whiskeyjack

Mittens Margaritas Ante Porcos
Staff member
Reaction score

Hilarious. "He took the... harder route here." Very tactful way for Kelly to say that he made the worst possible read and still got bailed out by Kyren's heroics.

ab2cmiller

Troublemaker in training
Reaction score
Hilarious. "He took the... harder route here." Very tactful way for Kelly to say that he made the worst possible read and still got bailed out by Kyren's heroics.

Wasn't that the play that Kyren basically demanded the ball in the huddle. Seemed like BK alluded to it in his analysis.

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Reaction score
It is amazing how often our QBs make the wrong reads generally speaking... I'm telling my wife "wrong read there!" at least five/six times a game it seems... lol

IrishLax

Something Witty
Staff member
Reaction score
Buchner and/or Kyren said after the game that Kyren said presnap "I don't care what the read is, give me the f*cking ball" or something to that equivalent. There is a 0.0% chance that true frosh Buchner is gonna be like "nah fam I'm keeping it" if a captain says that.

EvilleIrish

Reaction score
Buchner and/or Kyren said after the game that Kyren said presnap "I don't care what the read is, give me the f*cking ball" or something to that equivalent. There is a 0.0% chance that true frosh Buchner is gonna be like "nah fam I'm keeping it" if a captain says that.

Haha I heard that too. If you go back and watch the play Diggs is wide open for a little dump off TD. Love the play design.

zelezo vlk

Reaction score
Smh Buchner is weak willed and not a leader of men

Sent from my SM-J337U using Tapatalk

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score
Wasn't that the play that Kyren basically demanded the ball in the huddle. Seemed like BK alluded to it in his analysis.

Yeah, I remember hearing that too. Normally I would say take the right read and the easy points, but credit Kyren for absolutely, 100% not giving up on that play until he was across the goal line.

9651c853-4f69-4587-a41f-cda8ffbc26ee_text.gif