North Carolina Tar Heels at Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Notre Dame Stadium
Notre Dame, IN
October 30, 2021
7:30 ET​

Last edited:

irishff1014

Reaction score
The good thing about this game is that it is at Home. This one is going to be a good game.

Dale

Reaction score
Giant make or break year for many at UNC. Howell could make or lose a lot of money this year. Brown with a setback the UNC comeback isn’t quite as sweet anymore. UNC D, if they can improve again Jay Bateman makes a lot of money. Phil Longo if he fields a top O and shows he can just churn RBs, same thing. Very interesting team which direction they go

texbender

Reaction score
The good thing about this game is that it is at Home. This one is going to be a good game.

Agree, might be the best of the home games. Looks like roadtrip to the Bend on back to back weekends. Would NBC do back to back night games?

Some Irish Bloke

Five foot nothin', a hundred and nothin'
Reaction score
Air bnb secured and tickets purchased. This should be a great match up.

Some Irish Bloke

Five foot nothin', a hundred and nothin'
Reaction score
So glad to start seeing game threads. LFGOOOOOO!

Couldn't agree more. We have live college football next weekend! Hope we get that week 0 watch party thread going next week.

Speaking of which, where has Irish YJ been? He set the bar high for those. I went to his profile and he hasn't been active since April...

Irish YJ

1rishftw

Lets go Freeman
Reaction score

UNC is way overrated too. They kept way too many games close last season. Still gonna be a tough game, but not a "playoff eliminator" as I've heard many say.

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score

UNC is way overrated too. They kept way too many games close last season. Still gonna be a tough game, but not a "playoff eliminator" as I've heard many say.

Didn't we nearly embarrass these guys last year? Even with our struggles at WR we still managed to beat them by 2 scores in an Away setting and held their vaunted rushing attack to one of their lowest outings all year. I don't quite see how they're ranked right behind us, hell, I've seen some pundits that put them ahead of us.

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Staff member
Reaction score
The question regarding ND that needs to be anwered quickly is "Are we reloading or rebuilding"?

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
Didn't we nearly embarrass these guys last year? Even with our struggles at WR we still managed to beat them by 2 scores in an Away setting and held their vaunted rushing attack to one of their lowest outings all year. I don't quite see how they're ranked right behind us, hell, I've seen some pundits that put them ahead of us.

It's all because of their QB. He's been getting a lot of preseason hype.

The question regarding ND that needs to be anwered quickly is "Are we reloading or rebuilding"?

Reloading, Look at the records since 2016. This program has moved on from rebuilding.

Irishize

Reaction score
Agree, might be the best of the home games. Looks like roadtrip to the Bend on back to back weekends. Would NBC do back to back night games?

Just saw this. Yes, SC & UNC are back to back night games

Trait Expectations

Reaction score

This season should tell us. If we keep recruiting like we are in 22 and how 23 started, I'd say we'll be in a perpetual reload. We've been working with the 12th-13th best talent per 247 and have massively outproduced that ranking. If we can get into the top 8 consistently, I believe this staff can earn the bigger wins. I think they have us poised for big wins moving forward as well

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Staff member
Reaction score

Reloading, Look at the records since 2016. This program has moved on from rebuilding.

I guess to us yes it seems like we are realoding but we have to replace a ton of production on both sides of the ball plus a whole new OL and QB. The questions are warranted but I think we prove that its a reload too.

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score
I guess to us yes it seems like we are realoding but we have to replace a ton of production on both sides of the ball plus a whole new OL and QB. The questions are warranted but I think we prove that its a reload too.

I have some slight worries at QB, but not as bad as some years. I think Coan should do well because he's a smart guy, but we've seen where some QBs just struggle with BK's offense. If he was an underclassmen coming from a lesser academic institution I'd be really worried, but I think Coan should pan out.
OL had some struggles too after a bunch of Harry's guys moved on to the NFL, took time for guys to gel, but I think we have enough talent to reload eventually this season if we start slow.
Still, I feel like our WRs as a position group can't be worse than they were last year, and we have two real studs at RB and one at TE. If we lean on Kyren and those playmakers we should be at least on par offensively from last season cause the WRs were holding us back a bit.

dad4aa

Reaction score
Looking very overrated. Obviously the loss of key players is hurting them more than analysts thought it would.

Crazy Balki

Site Assigned Optimist
Reaction score

Yeah, no. They're not quite there.

Mack Brown has done a lot to change the shape of the program, but this is only his 3rd year and UNC was in the absolute tank when he took over.

He has recruited very well but they aren't quite at the point where they can consistently reload. Keep in mind, his first full class are only sophomores.

WilliamWallace

Active Member, Yes
Reaction score
Terrible clock management, what the hell are they thinking? Rushed s play now facing a turnover. SMH!!!

WilliamWallace

Active Member, Yes
Reaction score
I just don’t know what to think about the clock management there at the end. I hope they don’t have high expectations when they face us.